Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 
Minas Tirith Forums » New Line Cinema's Hobbit » PJ Banned From The Hobbit ! (Page 3)
Author Topic: PJ Banned From The Hobbit !
The Dread Pirate Roberts
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2117
posted      Profile for The Dread Pirate Roberts   Email The Dread Pirate Roberts   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Point is, civilized society requires civility from everyone involved-if you insist otherwise, then you're applying double standards.
To the first half of your quote above, Gna, that's what I was saying and have said in several threads recently. Thanks for agreeing with me! []

To the second half, I have no idea where that's from. If your "you" is general and plural, then I likewise agree. []

If that "you" is supposed to be me, then that's the weakest troll-job I've seen in a long time. Neither I, nor anybody I've seen here has ever insisted any such thing. []

From: Blacksburg, VA | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Wandering Tuor
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1685

posted      Profile for Wandering Tuor   Email Wandering Tuor   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. Quite the skirmish.

quote:
WT, disliking the films makes me a wanker?
If "WT" is me, I never called you a wanker, and don't know you from Adam.

So have I been defamed now? []

From: My place | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[] You're the lawyer, you tell us!

*wants to live in clover on the back of spurious lawsuits for the rest of her life*
[]

From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1685

posted      Profile for Wandering Tuor   Email Wandering Tuor   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Oops - wait, I did (it was six months ago, I guess I forgot). So no clover for me. []

Archer, I apologize for grouping you with He-Whom-You're-Not, and for the insult. Carry on.

E: I should have remembered - that was the "sea lawyer" thread. [] [] Arrrrbitration . . . .

[ 01-19-2007, 08:52 AM: Message edited by: Wandering Tuor ]

From: My place | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Dread Pirate Roberts
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2117
posted      Profile for The Dread Pirate Roberts   Email The Dread Pirate Roberts   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[] We should always name him as "He-Whom-You're-Not" or "He-Whom-I'm-Not" as the case may be. []
From: Blacksburg, VA | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Archer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3857

posted      Profile for Archer   Email Archer   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Wow, I'm so scared, and in awe of your erudition and vast knowledge. Just as I quaked in my little twelve-year-old insecure girl shoes whenever scary ol' Black Rider X sent me nasty PMs. Your insults sound very familiar, Archer... maybe you're right about me. [] Or perhaps you're just another boring internet persona with an axe to grind perpetually. []

What?! I thought I told you to get lost! *Gets her flyswatter--Thwap!*

Yep, you definitely are twelve all right. Since the last time I actually heard someone say "Wow, I'm so scared," was sometime back in middle school. [] []

quote:

Archer's post, which I quoted above, used several derogatory terms, and I doubt from her invariably arrogant tone that she is joking around. I would describe her posts, not just those directed to me, but to several others as well, as hostile, "defaming" behavior.

Point is, civilized society requires civility from everyone involved-if you insist otherwise, then you're applying double standards.

So sue me. Just ask me if you need any additional insults to motivate you--I'm happy to oblige. [] And at least in my case, I can prove that everyone whom you claimed I "defamed," tossed the first stone. Scan the boards and prove otherwise why don't you? If that gets me nothing, it will get you even less. []

And as usual, what's at the crux has gone over your head again. [] The truth is I'm far less annoyed with name-calling, which goes on in every forum, than I am with having my indentity "erased" and my reality questioned. It might make a great Twilight Zone episide, but it's annoying as hell in real life.

But most people are at least mature enough to apologize--something that takes a level of security nowhere near your grasp. I'll let it slide, since I know that's a tough one for you to get past. And yes Gna, your mother did love you, let it go.

[]

[ 01-19-2007, 11:39 AM: Message edited by: Archer ]

Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

posted      Profile for Thingol of Doriath   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Yep, you definitely are twelve all right. Since the last time I actually heard someone say "Wow, I'm so scared," was sometime back in middle school.
Ironic... that's exactly what I was thinking when I read your post containing the words "dolt", "needlebutt" and "ninny".

[] [] [] [] []

The above smilies have been added since Archer seems to love them so.

[]

From: Sverige! | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Archer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3857

posted      Profile for Archer   Email Archer   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I'd rather like that, tho sadly I'm about 50% certain I don't have the technilogical do-dads to accomplish such a thing and I'm roughly 96.37% sure that I dont have the technical know-how to properly hook up those do-dads if I ever got my hands on them.
[] Cute.

Well I'm about 83.2% certain I could reliably explain it to you, and roughly about 99% sure you could get the do-dads to do it with, if you dont have them already. Send me a PM if you do want the details. Otherwise, just accept that I'm the real deal. []

Archer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3857

quote:
Ironic... that's exactly what I was thinking when I read your post containing the words "dolt", "needlebutt" and "ninny".
Dolt and ninny I'm not so sure about, but needlebutt definitely. [] []

And yes, I do like smilies, I actually wish I could use more per post, because they only begin to convey the endless laugher some people cause me.

[ 01-19-2007, 11:52 AM: Message edited by: Archer ]

Roll of Honor Thorin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 816
posted      Profile for Thorin   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I think Clint Eastwood should direct The Hobbit. []
From: Helsinki | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Archer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3857

quote:
*wants to live in clover on the back of spurious lawsuits for the rest of her life*
You could probably pull it off if you really put your mind to it.

I once had to go through three lawyers to sue my current lawyer, because no one wanted to touch the case. I ended up representing myself, while my ex-lawyer hired the highest priced, most obnoxious, mouthy, and arrogant attorney in town. I even heard he was saying to others he was going to have that "sweet little girl" crying before the stand within five minutes.

I actually made him cry--nearly, the look on his face was priceless. I'd give half my settlement for a picture of it to hang up in my den. You see, dreams do come true. []

Actually, it was hardly a spurious case, but it was one that was impossible to get support for, not like that notion means anything to me. []

[ 01-19-2007, 12:15 PM: Message edited by: Archer ]

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1685

quote:
in my case, I can prove that everyone whom you claimed I "defamed," tossed the first stone. Scan the boards and prove otherwise why don't you?
OK, I'll bite. What stone did Nimruzir cast at you to justify your saying that he didn't belong in a place for "thinking people with a taste for intelligence in films", here? (I'm not counting the fact that you laughed hysterically at WiKi's calling me a drunk on the same page.)
Archer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3857

quote:
OK, I'll bite. What stone did Nimruzir cast at you to justify your saying that he didn't belong in a place for "thinking people with a taste for intelligence in films", here? (I'm not counting the fact that you laughed hysterically at WiKi's calling me a drunk on the same page.)
Ah, I see so that's where the "wanker" name-calling had its genesis. You were a bit PO'd at me. []

Sorry!

Okay, I'll give you that one--one black mark against me--well to some degree. But then Nimruzir had no business posting attacks to purists on the purist thread--at least those were the rules when the thread was created. []

I take great offense to those who attack someone needlessly for criticizing the films, which is what WK was doing--just the films, in a place he was designated and given permission to do so.

So we might debate whether Nimruzir was still actually throwing the first stone, and in a place he had no right to be doing so. Listen to the film-philes go nuts when WK posts something derogatory in their forum. If you want to get me on that technicality, then we're going to get everyone else who has likewise responded to a phile attack in the phile forum. I'd still say my transgressions are among the fewer. Maybe you can count them all up, every one that's ever been made, just to be sure. [] []

[ 01-19-2007, 12:41 PM: Message edited by: Archer ]

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1685

He pointed out WiKi's error, basically. Of course, typical of WiKi, he refused to admit that, and instead responded with juvenile insults.

But OK, fair enough.

I'm outta here. This place is scary. []

Archer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3857

Was it something I said? []

[]

[ 01-19-2007, 12:47 PM: Message edited by: Archer ]

Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

posted      Profile for Thingol of Doriath   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
A question... why does a "purist" never post in the literary forums?

Have I asked that before? I'm getting a strange deja-vú...

From: Sverige! | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Dread Pirate Roberts
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2117
I think Alfred Hitchcock could have made a great Hobbit movie. Since Legolas isn't technically in it, Hitchcock could have played him himself. He often appeared in his films somewhere as a character in the background; he could have been Legolas sitting in a chair to the right of Thranduil with just half his face and body on camera. []
Too bad he's dead.

How about David Lynch?

Archer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3857

quote:

A question... why does a "purist" never post in the literary forums?

Have I asked that before? I'm getting a strange deja-vú...

That's a fair question to ask, though I've already answered it in the purists forum.

But I'll state it here again. There's nothing lacking in those forums in regards to generating useful debate around the books. There is however, not much in regards to defending the texts against the overwhelming distortion the films have had on their image since they (films) appeared. I figure if Tolkien spent a lifetime putting this world together and was a great "niggler" of his own work, then there should at least be a few who will continue to niggle in his defense when he can no longer do it himself. []

That's all there is to it!

I also try to keep up with a couple other forums which I belong to (nothing to do with Tolkien though) and I also try to have a life outside the internet, so I've only got so much time to devote to posting. (I've spent way too much time on this one today already!)

But I'll see what I can find in the lit forums to add, if I've been negligent on the issue. []

[ 01-19-2007, 01:31 PM: Message edited by: Archer ]

The Dread Pirate Roberts
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2117
There will be at least one person up there who will welcome your participation.

(in case that was too subtle, that person would be The DPR)
[]

Roll of Honor Silmahtar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4806

posted      Profile for Silmahtar   Author's Homepage   Email Silmahtar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
DPR:
quote:
How about David Lynch?
He'd have Gollum the central character, living in his nightmarish abode deep in the mountains. The Ring would speak to him in this ridiculously high-pitched voice, singing "In Heaven". Until one day, this completely bizarre little guy invades his world, speaks in riddles and ultimately destroys his life. Gollum in despair crawls out of the hole. Cue the Angelo Badalamenti music. []

Perfect for Lynch! After all, he loves to use little people in all sorts of strange ways in his films. []

From: Vinya-Tárilos | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Gna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3830

posted      Profile for Gna   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Gollum might look something like the Eraserhead baby "unbound", then:

-

From: Andustar | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joe Stupid KingofBelfalas
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5059
posted      Profile for Joe Stupid KingofBelfalas   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Stupid KingofBelfalas   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
PJ banned from the hobbit. I cna't think of one person who could make a better Hobbit then PJ, all you critics out there, act like you can make one better then him. I'd love to see that theatrical peice of crap. I give credit where credit is due, PJ made the LOTR craze we still have today. He made this website, he made all other Tolkien websites, without the movie craze, none of us wouldn't be here. Ohh and wats wrong with the movies? I love them.
From: Philly | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anoren Anarinwa
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2435

posted      Profile for Anoren Anarinwa   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
DISCLAIMER

Not all fans of the movies are spoken for by the above post. Thank you.

END DISCLAIMER

Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
You could probably pull it off if you really put your mind to it.

Yes, but I don't really want to, seeing as most people (in this country at least) consider that to be utterly despicable behaviour. It therefore doesn't really surprise me to learn that you have a string of ex-lawyers and lawsuits to your name, particularly as you threatened legal action because someone jokingly suggested that you might be a sockpuppet on an internet website. It's called a sense of perspective! Try it! []

Just to add a little more perspective, the only reason that anyone suggested you might be a sockpuppet is precisely because you only post in the film forum, despite being an alleged literary purist. The texts really don't need defending from PJ's effort, particularly not on MT where hardly anyone watches them anymore. They have survived that assault pretty well, and may well survive others. If, as you say, you have actually taught the books, you are well placed to offer literary insights that the rest of us would welcome. Please consider it? []

From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Gna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3830

posted      Profile for Gna   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
DPR -

quote:
If your "you" is general and plural
Yes, but if you prefer to believe that it's a personal attack and a "weak troll-job", then no amount of explaining on my part would change your mind. So I won't bother. []

I'm probably one of the very few MT citizens who finds confabulated, arrogant Archer-posts (example quoted below) to be so repellant that I'd never encourage her to share her expertise in the literary forums here.

quote:
I once had to go through three lawyers to sue my current lawyer, because no one wanted to touch the case. I ended up representing myself, while my ex-lawyer hired the highest priced, most obnoxious, mouthy, and arrogant attorney in town. I even heard he was saying to others he was going to have that "sweet little girl" crying before the stand within five minutes.

I actually made him cry--nearly, the look on his face was priceless. I'd give half my settlement for a picture of it to hang up in my den. You see, dreams do come true.

Actually, it was hardly a spurious case, but it was one that was impossible to get support for, not like that notion means anything to me.

I'd also like to point out that Lyra expressed a good sense of humor about the sock-puppet accusations, which stands in contrast to Archer's whining and threats of lawsuits, and to her subsequent descriptions of her legal prowess.

Finally, on topic and re: the David Lynch version of The Hobbit- Gollum's hissing could replace the incessant hissing of the radiator in Eraserhead. Goblins would provide the other background sounds, as the industrial wasteland of Eraserhead is transformed into a dank network of caves and tunnels. As Bilbo flees with the Ring, Gollum's cries echo in his ears: Preciousss knowsss I am not...an...animal! []

From: Andustar | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » New Line Cinema's Hobbit » PJ Banned From The Hobbit ! (Page 3)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help