Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library

Minas Tirith Forums » Languages of Arda » Could you please teach me some of the basic words and phrases in Quenya?
Author Topic: Could you please teach me some of the basic words and phrases in Quenya?
Peter_20
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6368
posted      Profile for Peter_20   Email Peter_20   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Now I'm not talking about "easy Quenya words", but basic words that are more or less required in all languages, like "I", "you", "and", "but", "now" etc.
I've made some logical guesses right here:

I = enye?
you = elye?
he/she = erye?

For me = nin?
For you = lin?
For him/her = rin?

And = ar?
Now = si?

I will return = entuluvanyë?
You have returned = utulielyë?

[ 10-19-2007, 07:44 AM: Message edited by: Peter_20 ]

From: Sweden | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peter_20
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6368
posted      Profile for Peter_20   Email Peter_20   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
*bumps*

Come on now, are there no Quenya fans out there?

From: Sweden | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eluchil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5432
posted      Profile for Eluchil   Author's Homepage   Email Eluchil   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 

[ 10-20-2007, 11:20 AM: Message edited by: Eluchil ]

From: Menegroth, deep under the sea | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Silmahtar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4806

posted      Profile for Silmahtar   Author's Homepage   Email Silmahtar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Peter, I'm not sure what you hope to accomplish. Most of these words are already documented. I suggest you check out the Quenya resources at Ardalambion, there are excellent lessons and wordlists to use.
From: Vinya-Tárilos | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yawthrondil
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 6499
posted      Profile for Yawthrondil   Email Yawthrondil   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, Peter, Silmahtar's right, take your time and learn a few thousand Quenya words at Ardalambion:)
Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » Languages of Arda » Could you please teach me some of the basic words and phrases in Quenya?
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help