profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library

Minas Tirith Forums » Languages of Arda » Tengwar Calligraphy
Author Topic: Tengwar Calligraphy
Beregond of Ithilien
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 5431
posted      Profile for Beregond of Ithilien   Email Beregond of Ithilien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
a bit of calligraphy i did... i'll be doing more, and will post them on this thread. Athelas
From: Minas Tirith originally, banished to Ithilien | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tyrhael
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 5522
posted      Profile for Tyrhael   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Are you aware of the underdot for the silent -e?
From: northern CT | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beregond of Ithilien
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 5431
posted      Profile for Beregond of Ithilien   Email Beregond of Ithilien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
i am, but it must have slipped my mind while i was doing this. it was a quickie anyway.
From: Minas Tirith originally, banished to Ithilien | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Thorin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 816
posted      Profile for Thorin   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Very nice! I've always liked things like this, but I don't have the time or skill to do it myself.
From: Helsinki | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beregond of Ithilien
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 5431
here's a newer piece. I think i'm getting better. click
LyraLuthien Tinuviel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5173

posted      Profile for LyraLuthien Tinuviel   Author's Homepage   Email LyraLuthien Tinuviel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Nice! Lovely, in fact.

Though I've always used a different rune for <wh> than the one you are.

From: GreyHavens via Puget Sound | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cernunnos
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 652

posted      Profile for Cernunnos   Email Cernunnos   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Very attractive. The two-colour effect especially, and the larger initial letter.

Have you considered adding 'embellishments', as in medieval manuscripts: decorative borders, or perhaps little drawings commenting on (or illustrating) the text?

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Whereas the light perceives the very heart of the darkness, its own secret has not been discovered.

From: Perth, Scotland | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beregond of Ithilien
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 5431
i want to, but i haven't learned any knotwork skills yet.
Peter_20
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6368
posted      Profile for Peter_20   Email Peter_20   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Isn't Tengwar supposed to be written according to the sounds?
Personally I would've written "death" and "breath" like "d-e-th" and "b-r-e-th".

From: Sweden | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Too bad your DA page is gone Beregond.
Writing Tengwar has always been a fascination of mine. Got reasonably good at it in high school using a ball-point pen. Only had the appendices as a guide. But knowledge has faded with time. Don't know if I could write any today....

From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
.... and this is a good site to get back into it....

Tengwar Calligraphy

From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » Languages of Arda » Tengwar Calligraphy
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help