Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 
Minas Tirith Forums » Lord of the Rings » arwen evenstar (Page 1)
Author Topic: arwen evenstar
faithy gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2708

posted      Profile for faithy gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email faithy gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
hey does anyone know how old arwen is and if she gos to valinor or not please tell me
From: under a pointy hat. | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rómenya
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2589

posted      Profile for Rómenya   Author's Homepage   Email Rómenya   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Haven't you read the books? [] It says plain and clear there what happens to her and I think her age is something like she is a millenia(s?) old.....

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose

My dreams are my reality...

From: In the shadow of the day | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
faithy gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2708

posted      Profile for faithy gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email faithy gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
well yes i am READING the books i'm still in the ttt so if it was in the fellowship i must have missed it but i only have 6 chapters left in ttt. and my brothers say that she was 3000 years old is that right?
From: under a pointy hat. | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gollum the great
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1642

posted      Profile for Gollum the great   Email Gollum the great   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
She was almost 3000.
and yes, she did go to Valinor, leaving Aragorn with the decision to make her stay.
He intended to let her go, but after a rivetting speech by Eowyn, he sped as fast as he could to the Grey Havens. However he arrived minutes too late and watched as her ship sunk into the horizon, later impaling himself upon his sword.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
...What we came to realise was that you don't have to put a sword in her hands to make her strong. And where we've come to now is all these true elements of who Arwen is. I mean this is an incredibley powerful and fearless woman filled with so much hope and belief and that is strong enough. ~ Liv Tyler (Arwen)
A proud member of H.A.A.H.A.A.

From: canberra , australia | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elessar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 871

posted      Profile for Elessar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Very well put Gollum.
From: Alabama | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altarial
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1103

posted      Profile for Altarial   Email Altarial   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Woa....I must've skimmed that part just a little too fast...it's amazing the detail Tolkien has etched into LotR, is it not?

...EvenstarLight: Are you Canadian???

From: Canada | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rómenya
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2589

posted      Profile for Rómenya   Author's Homepage   Email Rómenya   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
...EvenstarLight: Are you Canadian???
Oh yeah!! []

Sure Gollum....... []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose

My dreams are my reality...

From: In the shadow of the day | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Neytari Took-Baggins
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 490

posted      Profile for Neytari Took-Baggins   Author's Homepage   Email Neytari Took-Baggins   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hurray! You made my sister laugh, Gollames [] (her precise words were "It's better than the book". Though given that she hates the book I'm not exactly sure what that means....)
From: California ainrofilaC | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gollum the great
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1642

posted      Profile for Gollum the great   Email Gollum the great   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
fantastic!

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
...What we came to realise was that you don't have to put a sword in her hands to make her strong. And where we've come to now is all these true elements of who Arwen is. I mean this is an incredibley powerful and fearless woman filled with so much hope and belief and that is strong enough. ~ Liv Tyler (Arwen)

From: canberra , australia | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dark Lord Andúril
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2564

posted      Profile for Dark Lord Andúril   Author's Homepage   Email Dark Lord Andúril   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Havent you guys read the books? You all know that she is in fact the secret Agent to Sauron and she takes the ring from Frodo in Mordor. Stop trying to decieve the innicent here!
From: In Imladris I dwell... | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gollum the great
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1642

The part that really bummed me about the movies was that if she was the agent of Sauron, then why didn't she take the Ring from Frodo at the Ford? Stupid PJ, someone should have realised this earlier.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

posted      Profile for Éomer   Email Éomer   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
It's for suspense. What would they do for the next two movies if Sauron gets the Ring halfway through the first one?

[ 01-05-2003, 05:48 AM: Message edited by: Éomer Éadig ]

From: Serenity | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dark Lord Andúril
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2564

posted      Profile for Dark Lord Andúril   Author's Homepage   Email Dark Lord Andúril   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
yeah, when the truth comes out tho people will wonder that...
From: In Imladris I dwell... | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gollum the great
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1642

well there is the suspense factor, but I don't see the purpose of the change in the book, it seems awefully stupid.
Still, can't help but love the scene.

Personally, my favorite part of RotK is when Arwen is telling the hobbits about how she killed Elrond...

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

ChrispyCream
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1701

posted      Profile for ChrispyCream   Email ChrispyCream   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Not mention her rivitting love afair with Patsy Byrne... Kipers for breakfast?

Hahahaha Canada, are-you-kinda-slow-eh?

From: Australia, land of milk and honey... and some cement. | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anoren Anarinwa
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2435

posted      Profile for Anoren Anarinwa   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
No, no, no. We've had this discussion before. She stays with Aragorn, but skipping all of thhe details, she eventually gets murdered by Eowyn. Sheesh.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Proud Member of H.A.A.H.A.A.

Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dark Lord Andúril
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2564

yeah, get your facts right guys...
faithy gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2708

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm............................somehow i highly doubt that arwen was saurons secret agent now gollum you are going to tell me if what you said before about arwen leaving is true are you not?
Dark Lord Andúril
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2564

Please listen. Arwen was poisoned by Eowyn, because she wished to invade Gondor with her army of hell-whores; and she needed Aragorn distracted.
faithy gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2708

not lisening lies allllllllllll lies if tolkein could hear you he would be spinninng and vomiting un contrulibly in his grave all right.you are all nuts you know that nuts crazy little nuts.(puts hands over ears and rocks back and forth humming to self)

[ 01-04-2003, 12:56 PM: Message edited by: faithwise gamgee ]

Anoren Anarinwa
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2435

posted      Profile for Anoren Anarinwa   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
You should know better than to ask such a question. It's an insult to Tolkien, that you can't wait to finish the books, dear! [] LoL!

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Proud Member of H.A.A.H.A.A.

Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
faithy gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2708

o.k. i will try not to ask questions like this in the future but i would realy like to know the truth.
Lady Sandry of Ruatha
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2732

posted      Profile for Lady Sandry of Ruatha   Author's Homepage   Email Lady Sandry of Ruatha   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
alright *sigh*what follows is a spoiler link for the ending of lotr...
spoiler:ending of LOTR

From: Ruatha Hold | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
faithy gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2708

um it says it originated as a joke i don't belive you.

[ 01-04-2003, 05:09 PM: Message edited by: faithwise gamgee ]

Roll of Honor Neytari Took-Baggins
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 490

posted      Profile for Neytari Took-Baggins   Author's Homepage   Email Neytari Took-Baggins   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Please listen. Arwen was poisoned by Eowyn, because she wished to invade Gondor with her army of hell-whores; and she needed Aragorn distracted.
Only in the appendixes. Tolkien said in "Letters" that he toyed with the idea, but didnt want to put it in cannon (as in anywhere other than the appendixes). It's just vaguly referenced. Really, "Letters" is essential to any kind of Tolkien appreciation []

If they take out Arwen killing Elrond, I will be SO miffed.....I'm hoping that they'll actually show it, and not just have her talking about it.....

I WILL NOT LET IT GO!! hahaha I know the joke is ending....*sigh*

[ 01-05-2003, 03:12 AM: Message edited by: Neytari Took-Baggins ]

From: California ainrofilaC | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » Lord of the Rings » arwen evenstar (Page 1)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help