Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3 
Minas Tirith Forums » Lord of the Rings » Who or what was Goldberry? (Page 3)
Author Topic: Who or what was Goldberry?
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Some artists depictions of Goldberry...

Darth Coco:
 -

Toby Carr:
 -

anne wipf:
 -

jinxmim:

-

And another by jinxmim:
 -
(This one looks like some tart splashing around in a swamp in a nightgown)

From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
faithfull
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11417

posted      Profile for faithfull   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, out of these, my favorites are this one:
http://img03.deviantart.net/d517/i/2012/012/d/d/goldberry_in_the_house_of_tom_bombadil_by_jinxmim-d4m41k3.jpg

and the one Snowdog references as seeming like a tart, splashing in a swamp. [] I like the multi-dimensional sides of her personality. [] The representations only become sullied by the vagaries of our own imaginations. []

From: East of the sun, West of the moon | Registered: Oct 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I like the multi-dimensional sides of her personality. []
The wet side and the dry side. [] And what is with the donkey ears? [] []
From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
faithfull
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11417

quote:
And what is with the donkey ears?
[] [] []
There he goes, reading my mind, again! If the eyes weren't so compelling, and the rest of the image basically lovely, I wouldn't give this one a second glance. Super-size Spock ears, OMgoodness! []

From: East of the sun, West of the moon | Registered: Oct 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

quote:
If the eyes weren't so compelling
Kinda CFMish. I'm not really impressed with that artwork really. For the same person to come up with the other work is beyond me (unless there is some internet plagiarism going on)
 -

Aiwrendel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 965

posted      Profile for Aiwrendel   Author's Homepage   Email Aiwrendel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Well, both could be Goldberry. When Tom first saw her she rose from the water and he sent her away. “Get thee gone foul temptress” I prefer the demure type.” So the next time he saw her sitting in the rushes she had cleaned up her act and he took her home.

The End

[]

From: Chicago USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
faithfull
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11417

Hee! Well, I think Ol' Tom couldn't keep his mind off of her after she gave him that bold dousing. He realized he had met his match in her, and proposed to her at his next opportunity. [] She was playing, and he loved her for it. They played and sang and danced forever after. How romantic! []
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » Lord of the Rings » Who or what was Goldberry? (Page 3)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help