Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library

Minas Tirith Forums » Lord of the Rings » Is anyone not going to see the films?
Author Topic: Is anyone not going to see the films?
radagast the brown
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 884
posted      Profile for radagast the brown   Email radagast the brown   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Is anyone here not gonna see the fast approaching film? I will see it because i dont think it looks too bad and doesnt completely ruin the book, but like most films of books it won't be the same.
From: London,UK | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eorl the Young
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 843
posted      Profile for Eorl the Young   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sure if there's anyone here who doesn't want to see it.
From: Denmark, home of the highest mountains in Europe | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Star
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1041
posted      Profile for Star   Email Star   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Undoubtably worth seeing, I'm not planning on waiting in line for several days in the middle of December to see it though.
From: Sammamish, WA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vens Arna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 377

posted      Profile for Vens Arna   Author's Homepage   Email Vens Arna   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I really doubt if the the movie ruins the book - but I don't think that's what you meant?! Probably what will happen is that people who have not read the books will see the movie first THEN go out and buy them because they liked the film. They'll read the stories looking for reference points that were in the film (that won't be there) and may be disappointed when they don't find them. But, then again, maybe not! Hopefully, they'll realize what happened - the producers, directors, and writers took some liberties for the sake of making an exciting story! And that's OK with me - I KNOW what really happened and will take the films for what they're worth: Entertainment. I'll watch the films, buy the DVDs, and maybe a few momentos.....then I'll curl up in the LazyBoy and read the books again.
From: Oklahoma City, OK, USA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor TheGentleman
Captain of the Newbie Guard
Citizen # 718

posted      Profile for TheGentleman   Email TheGentleman   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not planning on seeing it at the cinema more then 50 times...that would be obsesive.
From: London, England | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eorl the Young
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 843
Yes, 14 times is the adequate amount.
From: Denmark, home of the highest mountains in Europe | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Citizen # 718

posted      Profile for TheGentleman   Email TheGentleman   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'd say somewhere between 25 and 30 is the proper amount for any fan.
From: London, England | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eorl the Young
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 843
Yes, of course. I was talking about the average person.
Ensa Lucis
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 596
posted      Profile for Ensa Lucis   Email Ensa Lucis   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not seeing it for a while. I can't be bothered with all this movie nonsense.
From: England | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Citizen # 718

*waves watch in front of Ensa's face*

(a la Mystic Meg)

GOOOO OOOOOON

YOU WILL WATCH THE MOOOOOOVIE

YOU WANT TO WATCH IT THE DAY IT COMES OUT

YOU WILL BUY A BURGER KING LOTR MEAL AND BUY ALL OF THE MURCHADISE

GOOOO OOOOOON

*clicks fingers*

Ensa Lucis
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 596
posted      Profile for Ensa Lucis   Email Ensa Lucis   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hey guys! You'll never guess what - I just got the coolest toy in my burger king meal!!!
From: England | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
runes
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 1108
posted      Profile for runes   Email runes   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
a certain person named Kelannar...
Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mithrandir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 292
posted      Profile for Mithrandir   Author's Homepage   Email Mithrandir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Woa...some pessimistic's eh? Once you see them you'll change your mind i bet. They look absolutely incredible...i used to doubt...but now...whew. They are gonna change certain aspects of the book, but if they didn't, you'd find a not so good movie.
From: Valinor | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SamwiseGamgee102
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 984
posted      Profile for SamwiseGamgee102   Email SamwiseGamgee102   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Why wouldn't it be a good movie if they had not change anything? I know it would results in 3 movies, 6 hours long each but...when you are a fan, a 6 hours movie of FOTR wouldn't be that bad. I understand they had to cut things for the interpretation, but I don't understand why they ADDED things not from the book, like the increased presence of Arwen
I'll be maybe seeing you in the 3 streets corners long queue on december 19th,
g'night

[ 11-20-2001: Message edited by: SamwiseGamgee102 ]

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"Slowly I sink into darkness,
Nestled safely in your lap.
Shelter me a while from Mordor,
from my own heart's deadly trap."
-Corbin Halloway, writting as Frodo Baggins

From: Montréal, Québec | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sigmark Heimdall
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 1058
posted      Profile for Sigmark Heimdall   Email Sigmark Heimdall   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I am confused about it, but I think I'll
see it(but I doubt I'll enjoy it). Sigmark

Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
radagast the brown
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 884
posted      Profile for radagast the brown   Email radagast the brown   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone know but i heard that Arwen was going to be part of the Felowship???
From: London,UK | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eorl the Young
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 843
No, I don't think that's true. Who has told ya?
Elberas
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 1092
posted      Profile for Elberas   Author's Homepage   Email Elberas   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'm wandering off topic for a moment to ask this:

Is it me or is the "fast approaching" release of the movie, actually quite sluggish? It seems like this day is dragging on forever and it will probably be like this for the rest of the month! Grrr.

From: West Palm Beach, Florida | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Ninj
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 681
posted      Profile for Ninj   Email Ninj   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I'm not planning on waiting in line for several days in the middle of December to see it though.

That's a new thought on me... it happened with HP, maybe it'll happen with LoTR!
Perhaps I don't want it to be as popular...

perhaps

From: The magical elven realmadi-blah-di-blah | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I suppose if I had it all to do over, I would have waited for the EE of all three parts and watched it for the 1st time then.

I will however, work for an honest re-make in the future. []

From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » Lord of the Rings » Is anyone not going to see the films?
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help