Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library

Minas Tirith Forums » Lord of the Rings » Favorite supporting character?
Author Topic: Favorite supporting character?
Gothmog35
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 902
posted      Profile for Gothmog35   Email Gothmog35   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Basically who was your favorite non-main character(if you know what I mean)

Mine would have to be Ugluk. I think he was the badest of all the orcs in LOTR. He did not fear anything and he thought somewhat reasonably(for an orc).

Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor TheGentleman
Captain of the Newbie Guard
Citizen # 718

posted      Profile for TheGentleman   Email TheGentleman   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hama...I love his loyalty.

------------------
Don't Read This Because You Will Be Disapointed

From: London, England | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Midus unknown
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 358
posted      Profile for Midus unknown   Email Midus unknown   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
i would say farimir or eomer and eowyn but they played big parts kinda so i'm gonna go with beregond
From: once i lived in the land of mirkwood but now i travel the world | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarashia
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 909
posted      Profile for Sarashia   Author's Homepage   Email Sarashia   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I guess Glorfindel. I think his character is cut from the movie, because I have seen many pictures of Arwen on a horse with Frodo after Weathertop.
Maybe Ghan-buri-Ghan..... There are so many...

From: Greenwood | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LuthienTinuviel
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 922
posted      Profile for LuthienTinuviel   Email LuthienTinuviel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Favorite? The Barrow Wights. Not because I liked them all that much, but because they were so mysterious and they freaked me out.

------------------
"Do not be too sad, Sam. You cannot be always torn in two. You will have to be one and whole, for many years. You have so much to enjoy and to be, and to do."

From: California, USA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Galdor of the Tree
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 260
posted      Profile for Galdor of the Tree   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Forlong the Fat
From: New Haven, CT | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Gandalf the White
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 295

posted      Profile for Gandalf the White   Email Gandalf the White   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Erkenbrand or Imrahil
From: Georgia, USA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Halbarad, because it was he who was the de facto commander of the Dunedain Rangers. Aragorn after all was off serving in Rohan and Gondor and Lorien and wandering the wild and looking for Gollum and such, that he really wasn't around the old northern kingdom lands much The page or so of when Halbarad, the thirty Rangers, and the sons of Elrond rode up on to King Theoden's small party is one of the best scenes written in the story.
From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
What about Pippin's older sisters? Having a younger brother like Pippin must have been a handful!
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Flammifer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11407
posted      Profile for The Flammifer   Email The Flammifer   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Lobelia Sackville Baggins []

People CAN change! []

From: East Bight | Registered: Jun 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
faithfull
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11417

posted      Profile for faithfull   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Bombadil and Goldberry - I hate it that they were left out of the movies. I also loved Ghan buri Ghan, and think that their role in the war is dramatically underestimated.
From: East of the sun, West of the moon | Registered: Oct 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
What about Nob? I've always liked my Nob!
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Bill Ferny and the ruffians that trash the Shire.
From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

Can I vote for Lobeliia, too! Mind, I don't think she ever changed, I think that people just appreciated her more! Or realized that she was never the enemy! And also one for Halabarad. Poor chap. Though I have often wonder whom the 3rd in command of the Dunedain was!
The Flammifer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11407
posted      Profile for The Flammifer   Email The Flammifer   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Snowdog
Actually Bill Ferney had little to do with the trashing of the Shire. He was in charge of the Brandywine Bridge gate and was set-off by Frodo & Co. and He went off with a yelp into the night and was never heard of again. (Just niggling. [] )

Hamfast
A nasty and (spoon) thieving Lobelia waited impatiently for Bag End for dozens of years till Frodo sold it to her in 3018. But she freely gave it back to him upon his return, and she became popular (for the first time) and gave her and Lotho’s money to help Hobbits that were made homeless by the ruffians.
Seems like a significant change, eh?

Ps I hope your Nob is ok! []

From: East Bight | Registered: Jun 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

My Nob is fine at the moment, thanks! Mind Lobellia attacking a Ruffian with her umbrella sounds true to form. Maybe the boys should have taken her with them, though that might have been a torment too far! A shame, as I would have quite liked to have read a fight between Lobellia and Shelob. True about Bill Fermy, he always had no trousers.
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » Lord of the Rings » Favorite supporting character?
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help