profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library

Minas Tirith Forums » The Prancing Pony Archive » Columbo
Author Topic: Columbo
Luke
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5836
posted      Profile for Luke   Author's Homepage   Email Luke   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Any Columbo fans out there?

If so, I could get a light for my cigar?

[ 05-01-2007, 02:52 PM: Message edited by: Luke ]

From: Granada Hills, Ca. | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

posted      Profile for Thingol of Doriath   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Here you go...

-

[]

From: Sverige! | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Luke
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5836
posted      Profile for Luke   Author's Homepage   Email Luke   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Boy, I don't think you could match THAT match!

Thanks, but you don't need to demonstrate on yourself. You see, I rarely smoke it all at once like that. []

[ 05-01-2007, 07:18 PM: Message edited by: Luke ]

From: Granada Hills, Ca. | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eldarion
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6104
posted      Profile for Eldarion   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Columbo. [] Good stuff.
Haven't watched it in a long time though.

From: Washington (not D.C.) | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maia Olorin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2354
posted      Profile for Maia Olorin   Email Maia Olorin   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
One of my favourite gambits in life: Pretend I am not too bright, and let people underestimate me.

[]

Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Luke
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5836
Like when he turns around and uses his classic line: "There's just one more thing" just when the murderer's alcohol is settling in their stomach.

What I also like is that he just appears in somebody's house from out of nowhere and is found sifting through their mail. And by "mail" I mean everything.

[ 05-02-2007, 07:32 PM: Message edited by: Luke ]

Roll of Honor Neytari Took-Baggins
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 490

posted      Profile for Neytari Took-Baggins   Author's Homepage   Email Neytari Took-Baggins   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I watched Columbo when I was little...I loved it. I don't even remember it, but I remeber that I loved it. And I like that Columbo is The Grandfather in "The Princess Bride."
From: California ainrofilaC | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Marcho Blackwood - MSS
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 270

posted      Profile for Marcho Blackwood - MSS   Email Marcho Blackwood - MSS   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
"Got any salt?"

"How does this thing work?"

"You see, I was talking to my nephew the other day . . ."

"Now my wife, she's a huge fan . . . "

"It's the paperwork, you know, if my boss asks . . ."

And I believe that there is an episode that I still have not seen more than the last 5 minutes of.

Columbo and Rumpole are two of my favorites.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Marcho Blackwood, MSS - #16 Brookshade Close - Bindbale, North Farthing, The Shire
1st Winner Mahanaxar's Boy Howdy of Approval with 2 Bronze Stars (3rd Award) & Balrog Cluster with Laurel.
King of Grammar with Queen SSA
Sass this hoopy hobbit frood who really knows where his towel is!

From: Bindbale, North Farthing | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Luke
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5836
Was he a detective too? Or just somebody very short? Like there's a difference.
Maia Olorin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2354
posted      Profile for Maia Olorin   Email Maia Olorin   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Rumpole is a British judge, if memory serves. The guy who played him also played the High Priest who wanted to murder Ringo in 'Help!'

KAILI!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[]

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 270

posted      Profile for Marcho Blackwood - MSS   Email Marcho Blackwood - MSS   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Rumpole is a British Barrister who solves many cases through his understanding of the law and human nature. Leo McKern, RIP, also played in The Prisoner and numerous other BBC productions. He refers to his wife as "She who must be obeyed."

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Marcho Blackwood, MSS - #16 Brookshade Close - Bindbale, North Farthing, The Shire
1st Winner Mahanaxar's Boy Howdy of Approval with 2 Bronze Stars (3rd Award) & Balrog Cluster with Laurel.

From: Bindbale, North Farthing | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maia Olorin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2354
quote:
He refers to his wife as "She who must be obeyed."
I thought that is what my wife was called!

[]

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 270

That's the name of all our wives!

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Luke
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5836
Even Columbo's wife, who was never seen or didn't exist in the first place.
Maia Olorin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2354
Didn't Captain Janeway play Mrs. Columbo?
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 270

Yes, Kate was part of a spinoff series called "Mrs. Columbo" that aired for 13 episodes in 78-80.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Minas Tirith Forums » The Prancing Pony Archive » Columbo
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help