Minas Tirith Forums
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library

Minas Tirith Forums » The Prancing Pony Archive » Prince Imrahil - You OK? - Check in please
Author Topic: Prince Imrahil - You OK? - Check in please
The Dread Pirate Roberts
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2117
posted      Profile for The Dread Pirate Roberts   Email The Dread Pirate Roberts   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
As some of you might know, Prince Imrahil and I are both at Virginia Tech. We don't know each other offline but are fairly solid MT friends.

Please check in and let us know you're ok when you get a chance.

[]

From: Blacksburg, VA | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Mahanaxar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1540

posted      Profile for Mahanaxar   Email Mahanaxar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Well if you're solid MT friends you shold totally meet up!
From: pants | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glóin the Dark
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2102

posted      Profile for Glóin the Dark   Author's Homepage   Email Glóin the Dark   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I noticed Prince Imrahil's name listed in the Recent Visitors feature yesterday after 12pm (Virginia time).
From: Belfalas | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Dread Pirate Roberts
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2117
posted      Profile for The Dread Pirate Roberts   Email The Dread Pirate Roberts   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks. That's encouraging.
From: Blacksburg, VA | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Prince Imrahil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5425
posted      Profile for Prince Imrahil   Email Prince Imrahil   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'm good (luckily everyone I know is too). Thanks for the concern guys.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
And last and proudest, Imrahil, Prince of Dol Amroth, kinsman of the lord, with gilded banners bearing his token of the Ship and the Silver Swan, and a company of knights in full harness riding grey horses...tall as lords, grey-eyed, dark-haired, singing as they came.

-Minas Tirith

From: Dor-En-Ernil, Belfalas (by way of VA) | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amárië
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5498

posted      Profile for Amárië   Email Amárië   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Thank goodness.

Good to hear from you!!

From: Mishawaka, IN | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Dread Pirate Roberts
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2117
Any more Hokies in here?
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Pleased to hear your all fine.
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Princess Keona
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1518

posted      Profile for Princess Keona   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Wasn't Isengrim Took going to Virginia Tech too?? Then again, I haven't heard from him in forever, and I have no idea how he's doing or what planet he's even on.

Imrahil and Pirate, I'm very glad you're both okay. What's the status of the school right now? Are classes starting again next week?
-Keo

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Thus I live in the world rather as a spectator of mankind than as one of the species.

A sacrifice a day keeps Jesus away!

...the Mace of Keo shall strike down the nefarious Suitors of Iniquity!!! ~ Müs

From: Rivendell | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Prince Imrahil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5425
posted      Profile for Prince Imrahil   Email Prince Imrahil   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Tech's status (as I understand it) is as follows:
-Classes will resume on Monday 4/23 (I can't actually get concrete info but classes are definitely cancelled for this week. The campus reopened administrative operations today (Wednesday).
-A lot of sports events, including Saturday's Spring Game (football) have been cancelled for this week. See Hokiesports.com to see which one's are still on.
-This Friday (4/20) has been declared by Gov Tim Kaine as a statewide "Day of Morning." This same day is also "Orange/Maroon Effect Day" (for anyone nation/worldwide, not just current/former students).
-Transcripts, streaming video and podcasts of the Convocation are available on the school's website
-Some of the fallen have still to be identified. There's a list on www.vt.edu of those who have been identified.
-Norris Hall (the site of the second group of shootings) will be closed for the rest of the semester.

I think that's all of the major info I have. See the school's website for more detailed stuff (www.vt.edu).

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
And last and proudest, Imrahil, Prince of Dol Amroth, kinsman of the lord, with gilded banners bearing his token of the Ship and the Silver Swan, and a company of knights in full harness riding grey horses...tall as lords, grey-eyed, dark-haired, singing as they came.

-Minas Tirith

From: Dor-En-Ernil, Belfalas (by way of VA) | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Princess Keona
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1518

posted      Profile for Princess Keona   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
There are only 9 names on that list. Why aren't the rest up? I thought they were all identified!

Anyway, it's so tragic, I'm thinking of the poor families of all these students, that must be so horrible for them. One moment your kid is going to school and has a career ahead of them, next thing you know they're dead because some a-hole decided to go crazy.
-Keo

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Thus I live in the world rather as a spectator of mankind than as one of the species.

A sacrifice a day keeps Jesus away!

...the Mace of Keo shall strike down the nefarious Suitors of Iniquity!!! ~ Müs

From: Rivendell | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Silmahtar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4806

posted      Profile for Silmahtar   Author's Homepage   Email Silmahtar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Prince Imrahil and Dread Pirate Roberts, I am pleased to learn you are both OK.
From: Vinya-Tárilos | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Gna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3830

posted      Profile for Gna   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Prince Imrahil, I've got my orange and maroon together to wear to work today:

Orange and Maroon Day

Glad to hear that you and DPR are OK; my deepest sympathies and thoughts are with you and everyone in the Virginia Tech community.

From: Andustar | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Neytari Took-Baggins
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 490

posted      Profile for Neytari Took-Baggins   Author's Homepage   Email Neytari Took-Baggins   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Profiles of the victims. I couldn't read them all, it's too sad []
From: California ainrofilaC | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Minas Tirith Forums » The Prancing Pony Archive » Prince Imrahil - You OK? - Check in please
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help