Minas Tirith Forums
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Prancing Pony Archive » It's a girl! (Page 2)
Author Topic: It's a girl!
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Diaeresis! []

Oh. Inc' got there first. []

I learned a new thing today. [] []

From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elanor Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3219

posted      Profile for Elanor Gamgee   Email Elanor Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Oh no! Athene, I think we've started something!
From: Moscow | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[] Oops, müstn't hijack Müs's thread into a linguistics discussion...
[]
Hey! We don't have a liguistics thread! []

E: Is it diæresis, or diaëresis? []

[ 04-18-2007, 05:11 AM: Message edited by: Athene ]

From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anoren Anarinwa
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2435

posted      Profile for Anoren Anarinwa   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, wonderful! Many congratulations!! [] []
Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Princess Keona
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1518

posted      Profile for Princess Keona   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
OMG, ANOTHER ONE??? Müs, you've been a busy, busy man! [] *slaps on the shoulder* Good job, you sperminator, you!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I demand photos immediately!!! How is little Lucy reacting to all this? How is Tigerlily feeling? Most importantly, did you get the second shotgun already? []

P.S. Zoe has alwasy been one of my favorite names for a girl, ever since Mr. and Mrs. Hanson named their last daughter Zoe... Awesome choice!!!
-Keo

[ 04-18-2007, 10:02 AM: Message edited by: Princess Keona ]

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Thus I live in the world rather as a spectator of mankind than as one of the species.

A sacrifice a day keeps Jesus away!

...the Mace of Keo shall strike down the nefarious Suitors of Iniquity!!! ~ Müs

From: Rivendell | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Mahanaxar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1540

posted      Profile for Mahanaxar   Email Mahanaxar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
rofl! Sperminator?
From: pants | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Princess Keona
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1518

Yes. []
-Keo

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Thus I live in the world rather as a spectator of mankind than as one of the species.

From: Rivendell | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

Only Keo! (C'mon, we were all thinking it!)
[]

Princess Keona
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1518

I think that should be his official Superhero nickname. Should come with a cape. []
-Keo

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Roll of Honor The Mighty Müsnud
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 720

posted      Profile for The Mighty Müsnud   Author's Homepage   Email The Mighty Müsnud   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hey everyone, thanks so much for the warm congratulations!

And Freya, so we've got one daughter that shares your name and another that shares your birthday. Hmmmm, coincidence? []

As for the questions, Tigerlily is recovering quite well. It was a home birth, and I think being able to stay in such a comfortable environment has definitely aided in her quick recovery from the labor.
Mini-müs (i.e. TigerLü) has quickly grown fond of Zoeéë (though we still have to keep a close eye on her, as she doesn't yet realize how fragile her sister is).

Okay, now for the pic:

-

Cheers,
The Sperminator...uh, I mean Müs

P.S. Apologizing for turning my thread into a linguistics thread? Don't be silly. There's nothing that could make me prouder! [] []

[ 04-21-2007, 12:04 AM: Message edited by: The Mighty Müsnud ]

From: Wichita, KS, USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Princess Keona
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1518

[] *squeals, whines and coos* Ohhhh whoshabawby?!?!!! [] She's preciously adorable! You two did a fantastic job!

Home birth, huh? Whoa, that's brave. I personally would never do that, I'd be too afraid of something going wrong.

Did you get to cut the cord??? []
-Keo

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 720

posted      Profile for The Mighty Müsnud   Author's Homepage   Email The Mighty Müsnud   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

Did you get to cut the cord???

[]
Indeed. I cut the cord with Lucy too. I'm a cord-cutting pro now. Of course, I had all that experience selling Cutco knives in college to draw from... []

From: Wichita, KS, USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Princess Keona
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1518

[] That's so wrong, but I get it! Did you guys save the cords, by the way? Doctors enocourage that now, to save cord blood and such.
-Keo

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Roll of Honor Wandering Tuor
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1685

posted      Profile for Wandering Tuor   Email Wandering Tuor   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Beautiful!
From: My place | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 720

I wanted to save the cord blood for both girls. Unfortunately, the facilities or means for cord blood donation is not yet present in Oklahoma or Kansas. I could have signed up for the National Cord Blood Registry to save Zoe's cord blood for just us to use (but A> I think that's kind of self-centered, as opposed to donating it and B> It would have cost over $1500, which is money I don't really have to spare)

Of course, the placenta is sitting in a bag in our freezer, so maybe we are managing to save it []
(Okay, have I grossed anybody out yet?) []

Elanor Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3219

posted      Profile for Elanor Gamgee   Email Elanor Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I've heard placenta tastes a bit like liver-doesn't sound gross to me. Trouble is, hospitals often don't allow you to take it.
From: Moscow | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Princess Keona
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1518

*stops eating her yogurt* Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww... []

Now make sure you don't cook it by mistake!!!! []
-Keo

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Minas Tirith Forums » The Prancing Pony Archive » It's a girl! (Page 2)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help