profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library

Minas Tirith Forums » The Prancing Pony Archive » Happy (Belated) Birthday LSD
Author Topic: Happy (Belated) Birthday LSD
Roll of Honor Wandering Tuor
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1685

posted      Profile for Wandering Tuor   Email Wandering Tuor   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Saturday was the 69th birthday of LSD. It's not too late to celebrate with some tunes. However, do not, while tripping, try to eat a hot dog.

-

From: My place | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Freya
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1558

posted      Profile for Freya   Email Freya   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
And let's not forgot Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds (song I was named after. Damned hippy parents) []

*hands out Marshmallow pies*

From: London | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

posted      Profile for Thingol of Doriath   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Whoa... flashback. []
From: Sverige! | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miranthridel Bloom
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3050

posted      Profile for Miranthridel Bloom   Author's Homepage   Email Miranthridel Bloom   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
*Is too young for flashbacks*
From: HMAS Fire & Ice, Miranistan | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

posted      Profile for Thingol of Doriath   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 

From: Sverige! | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Braeden Fireheart
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

posted      Profile for Braeden Fireheart   Author's Homepage   Email Braeden Fireheart   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
*is trying to write a flashback at the moment* []

Ah... LSD. One of the many typos I come across in classified ads for cars - LCD screen, you dopes.

From: Mnemosyne's loft | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Wandering Tuor
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1685

posted      Profile for Wandering Tuor   Email Wandering Tuor   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
For a mini-LSD flashback, stare at this for 30 seconds, then look at the back of your hand:

-

From: My place | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

Wow... that actuially worked.

And it was for free! []

-

Roll of Honor Adulithien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2193

posted      Profile for Adulithien   Email Adulithien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Aw, Ken! If I came from a town that was famous for rodeo, militarism and nukes (among other things), I might do psychedellics, too!

Oh, wait... [] []

From: Austin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Silmahtar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4806

posted      Profile for Silmahtar   Author's Homepage   Email Silmahtar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Miran:
quote:
*Is too young for flashbacks*
Not if you've ever dropped acid -- age has nothing do to with it. I had my first flashback when I was 20 or 21. []

Acid's influence on art: http://www.alexgrey.com/

Some of you might recognize Grey's work from several Tool albums he's designed... He's apparently a big proponent of using LSD as a spiritual practice. I don't really buy into that -- it rings of rationalization to me. It's an extraordinary powerful drug, and does some weird sh*t to your mind, but I believe you don't needs something psychotropic to have spiritual experiences.

From: Vinya-Tárilos | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor bombadil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1329

posted      Profile for bombadil   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a pretty boring baby boomer -- never dropped acid or toked anything. But I currently live in Mormon country -- Latter Day Saints is their preferred designation. I LOL'd for a long time the first time I saw that abbreviation. I'd thought California was the only place where they had churches for that stuff.
From: Meridian ID | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Silmahtar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4806

posted      Profile for Silmahtar   Author's Homepage   Email Silmahtar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I'm a pretty boring baby boomer -- never dropped acid or toked anything.
Good God, man! Do you know what that means? [] ! You must run for President!
From: Vinya-Tárilos | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miranthridel Bloom
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3050

posted      Profile for Miranthridel Bloom   Author's Homepage   Email Miranthridel Bloom   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Not if you've ever dropped acid -- age has nothing do to with it.
Ok then, I'm too much of a good girl to have a flashback [] .
From: HMAS Fire & Ice, Miranistan | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Neytari Took-Baggins
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 490

posted      Profile for Neytari Took-Baggins   Author's Homepage   Email Neytari Took-Baggins   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
A celebratory Alice in Wonderland/Jefferson Airplane video []
From: California ainrofilaC | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miranthridel Bloom
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3050

Oh, hot! I like it, Ney. [] [] [] []

[ 04-10-2007, 01:52 AM: Message edited by: Miranthridel Bloom ]

Roll of Honor Adulithien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2193

posted      Profile for Adulithien   Email Adulithien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Ok then, I'm too much of a good girl to have a flashback
*is puzzled by Miran's presence in this thread!*

[]

From: Austin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miranthridel Bloom
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3050

Oh shush, G.ma! I popped in to give Old King Thing a hard time.
Maia Olorin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2354
posted      Profile for Maia Olorin   Email Maia Olorin   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Timothy Leary's dead.
No, no, no, no, He's outside looking in.
Timothy Leary's dead.
No, no, no, no, He's outside looking in.
He'll fly his astral plane,
Takes you trips around the bay,
Brings you back the same day,
Timothy Leary. Timothy Leary.

Along the coast you'll hear them boast
About a light they say that shines so clear.
So raise your glass, we'll drink a toast
To the little man who sells you thrills along the pier.

He'll take you up, he'll bring you down,
He'll plant your feet back firmly on the ground.
He flies so high, he swoops so low,
He knows exactly which way he's gonna go.
Timothy Leary. Timothy Leary.

The Moody Blues

I have observed that LSD did not have any significant life-altering effects on people who lacked imagination, intelligence, or a modicum of self-awareness. For them, it was merely another consumable high.

I have observed that LSD did have positive effects for those who did possess those traits, and who expected positive outcomes from their psychotropic excursions.

And, I have observed a fair number of casualties.

[]

[ 04-10-2007, 03:27 AM: Message edited by: Maia Olorin ]

Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Casualty.

Jugband Blues

It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear That I'm not here.
And I never knew the moon could be so big
And I never knew the moon could be so blue
And I'm grateful that you threw away my old shoes
And brought me here instead dressed in red
And I'm wondering who could be writing this song.

I don't care if the sun don't shine
And I don't care if nothing is mine
And I don't care if I'm nervous with you
I'll do my loving in the winter.

And the sea isn't green
And I love the queen
And what exactly is a dream
And what exactly is a joke.

=================================================================

Not a casualty.

Tomorrow never Knows

Turn off your mind, relax
and float down stream
It is not dying
It is not dying

Lay down all thought
Surrender to the void
It is shining
It is shining

That you may see
The meaning of within
It is being
It is being

That love is all
And love is everyone
It is knowing
It is knowing

That ignorance and hate
May mourn the dead
It is believing
It is believing

But listen to the
color of your dreams
It is not living
It is not living

Or play the game
existence to the end
Of the beginning
Of the beginning
Of the beginning
Of the beginning
Of the beginning
Of the beginning

From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miranthridel Bloom
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3050

LSD, I gave you all the best years of my life?

[]

Roll of Honor Gna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3830

posted      Profile for Gna   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Syd Barrett's musical career and mental health might have been adversely affected by LSD use, but he died of pancreatic cancer, which can't be blamed on the drug. His obesity was a more likely risk factor. Pancreatic cancer has one of the worst survival rates for any tumor type, regardless of whether it develops in a a person with obvious risk factors (obesity, smoking), or in a younger trim person with a very healthy lifestyle. By the time it causes symptoms, it has metastasized. []

I've read speculations that Barrett was a. schizophrenic, b. had bipolar disorder, and c. was mildly autistic (Asperger syndrome)...or perhaps all three. I think all that came from Rolling Stone, so caveat floydophile.

From: Andustar | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Syd Barrett's musical career and mental health might have been adversely affected by LSD use, but he died of pancreatic cancer, which can't be blamed on the drug.
Ah, but I was not blaming death on the drug. I was referring to the mentel health aspects of each. Since both are indeed dead, I should have clarified that point. []
From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Adulithien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2193

I knew where you were headed... I know several acid casualties who are still alive. []
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

quote:
I knew where you were headed... I know several acid casualties who are still alive. []
I figured most would. []
Minas Tirith Forums » The Prancing Pony Archive » Happy (Belated) Birthday LSD
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help