Minas Tirith Forums
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library

Minas Tirith Forums » The Prancing Pony Archive » MT GUITARISTS OR SIMPLY PEOPLE WHO LOOK HARD FOR THINGS, I NEED YOUR HELP!!!
Author Topic: MT GUITARISTS OR SIMPLY PEOPLE WHO LOOK HARD FOR THINGS, I NEED YOUR HELP!!!
Lord Glorfindel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3110

posted      Profile for Lord Glorfindel   Author's Homepage   Email Lord Glorfindel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I've been looking for a guitar (preferably both guitar parts) tab for "The Illusionist" by the band Scar Symmetry. All I've managed to find have been Guitar Pro tabs...which arent nice.

The band arent very big, so I'm not sure where to look for them after MetalTabs and UltimateGuitar.

Any help would be greatly appreciated []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Official God Father Of Lentil
"LG for PM!!!" - CloudStrife
"LG = Lifes Good = Lifes Glorfindel" - Cloudstife (él es mi amigo!)
"LG, you're evil. Just plain evil" - Aermir
"I REALLY must get around to terminating your account LG!" -Wetwang
"You mad blighter" - Gloin the Dark

From: I grew up in Europe, where History is from. | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor bombadil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1329

posted      Profile for bombadil   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a serious professional guitarist, but I'm sorry to say I've never heard of the band or the song. I'll ask my students when I see them this week.
From: Meridian ID | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Kosomot
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1105

posted      Profile for Kosomot   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
HAVE YOU TRIED GOOGLING YET???
From: The Hells of Iron | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

posted      Profile for Artaresto   Email Artaresto   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I did, and only got direct results from MetalTabs and UltimateGuitar. As far as I could see.
From: Forochel | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Mahanaxar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1540

posted      Profile for Mahanaxar   Email Mahanaxar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I got guitar hero 2 yesterday and it's fun!
From: pants | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matt The Courageous
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5409
posted      Profile for Matt The Courageous   Author's Homepage   Email Matt The Courageous   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Your looking for what, by who? Good luck with that one, dude. I suppose I could go look up a guitarist friend of mine and see if he has any idea, But I'm afraid the answer would be huh? He did to much acid in the 70's and 80's.
From: pacific northwest | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lord Glorfindel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3110

posted      Profile for Lord Glorfindel   Author's Homepage   Email Lord Glorfindel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not suprised that no-ones heard of it, they're a small band, in a small genre. Thanks for advice and such, I have googled it a few times, I'll probably try a guitaring forum now, or try to tab it by ear with a friend. Thanks again!

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Official God Father Of Lentil
"LG for PM!!!" - CloudStrife
"LG = Lifes Good = Lifes Glorfindel" - Cloudstife (él es mi amigo!)
"LG, you're evil. Just plain evil" - Aermir
"I REALLY must get around to terminating your account LG!" -Wetwang
"You mad blighter" - Gloin the Dark

From: I grew up in Europe, where History is from. | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belthronding
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5113
posted      Profile for Belthronding   Email Belthronding   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Try the OLGA (on-line guitar archive). There's a link there through harmony-central.com

Never heard of the band or the song, but the movie was pretty good.

From: Boston, MA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Silmahtar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4806

posted      Profile for Silmahtar   Author's Homepage   Email Silmahtar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
OLGA was yanked (again) because of their ongoing legal dispute with everyone's fave, the record industry. [] Maybe for good this time.

Whenever OLGA was down, I used to find mirror sites hosted in other countries to get my tabs.

Lord Glorf: it sounds like a fairly obscure song you're trying to find. Maybe the group -- or better yet, its fans -- have a MySpace page, or some other community forum where you can ask people. []

[ 04-09-2007, 07:57 PM: Message edited by: Silmahtar ]

From: Vinya-Tárilos | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Talan
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2413

posted      Profile for Talan   Email Talan   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
The record industry shouldn't be able to pull anything off the internet that they haven't published. I've never used OLGA, but some of my guitarist friends tell me it had tabs on it that you couldn't buy in hard copy because they'd never been published as such.

Besides, learning other people's songs is the very basis for rock/jazz/pop guitar training and education in today's music world. It creates the next generation of artists.

From: Austin, TX. Home of awesome. | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maia Olorin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2354
posted      Profile for Maia Olorin   Email Maia Olorin   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Sad thing is, most of the tabs that I've seen online were plain wrong.

Look at this as an opportunity to develop your ear.

Also, you could look it up on Youtube, and see if anyone has posted a vid of themselves playing it. I've seen some interesting stuff there, from the very good, to the very bad.

[]

Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Minas Tirith Forums » The Prancing Pony Archive » MT GUITARISTS OR SIMPLY PEOPLE WHO LOOK HARD FOR THINGS, I NEED YOUR HELP!!!
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help