Minas Tirith Forums
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Prancing Pony Archive » Speaker Pelosi & Her Thumbsuckers (Page 1)
Author Topic: Speaker Pelosi & Her Thumbsuckers
Grimwulf Stormspear
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5157
posted      Profile for Grimwulf Stormspear   Email Grimwulf Stormspear   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
For the last three months, serious American historians having been asking each other just one question: Is Nancy Pelosi the worst Speaker of the House in history? [] [] []

Already, she has thrown a fit over getting a bigger plane to fly over the Red States. [] Her own party shot down her attempt to raise racketeer Jack Murtha to Majority Leader. [] Her incompetence is exceeded only by her sheer idiocy.

Thus far, she has led a mindless agenda to stamp out jobs for minority teens, to stifle pharmaceutical research & development, as well as to end petroleum exploration & investment. [] Now her surrender monkeys have decided to hand Iraq to the Iranian mullahs on a silver platter.

What lunacy will be next? [] Can we survive two years of this dementia? []

[ 04-05-2007, 06:31 PM: Message edited by: Grimwulf Stormspear ]

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Furthermore, it is my opinion that Obamacare must be repealed.

From: The central lake-lands of the Great Peninsula. | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Imbëar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 729
posted      Profile for Imbëar   Author's Homepage   Email Imbëar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Pratfall in Damascus

quote:
Pratfall in Damascus:
Nancy Pelosi's foolish shuttle diplomacy

Disgusting, in my opinion.

Imbëar

From: Auburn, CA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor bombadil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1329

posted      Profile for bombadil   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, if only we could go back to the good old days of high morality and true, selfless government service under Newt Gingrich. []
From: Meridian ID | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grimwulf Stormspear
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5157
posted      Profile for Grimwulf Stormspear   Email Grimwulf Stormspear   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
True. [] But we are stuck with this loser. []
From: The central lake-lands of the Great Peninsula. | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Wandering Tuor
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1685

posted      Profile for Wandering Tuor   Email Wandering Tuor   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
She has thrown a fit over getting a bigger plane to fly over the Red States.
Wrong. The Pelosi plane story was a totally bogus smear job put out by the likes of Rush Limbaugh which was then mindlessly parroted by Grimwulf's supposedly liberal media. The Air Force plane for Pelosi was requested by the House sergeant-at-arms, not Pelosi, for security reasons that even the White House admitted were totally legitimate. Because she's third in line to the Presidency. Pelosi herself was willing to fly commercial.

quote:
Now her surrender monkeys have decided to hand Iraq to the Iranian mullahs on a silver platter.
Pathetic. The person who is responsible for installing a pro-Iranian government in Iraq is Bush. He was warned of the stupidity of this before the invasion, but he did it anyway. Trying to blame Pelosi for this is total bullshít, though fairly standard for you and the rest of the chickenhawk brigade.

If this is an example of your political insight, you should stick to trying to prove the existence of God by citing Bible stories. Or something.

E: By the way, what "serious American historians? Let's hear who these brilliant scholars are.

[ 04-06-2007, 09:33 AM: Message edited by: Wandering Tuor ]

From: My place | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

posted      Profile for Artaresto   Email Artaresto   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
If this is an example of your poitical insight, you should stick to trying to prove the existence of God by citing Bible stories. Or something.
[] [] . I have NO clue about who's right here, but that comment was [] .
From: Forochel | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1685

posted      Profile for Wandering Tuor   Email Wandering Tuor   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
That's easy. I'm right and Grtimwulf is as wrong here as he generally is.

[ 04-06-2007, 09:43 AM: Message edited by: Wandering Tuor ]

From: My place | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1685

Let me guess, they are "serious" historians in the same sense that Jonah "Hillary Clinton is just like Mussolini" Goldberg is a "serious" pundit.

-

Grimwulf Stormspear
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5157
WT, I thought you had a sense of humor. [] Maybe it was just well-disguised malice.

Grimwulf wrote:
●●●●● She has thrown a fit over getting a bigger plane to fly over the Red States. ●●●●●

Wandering Tuor replies:
●●●●● Wrong. The Pelosi plane story was a totally bogus smear job put out by the likes of Rush Limbaugh which was then mindlessly parroted by Grimwulf's supposedly liberal media. The Air Force plane for Pelosi was requested by the House sergeant-at-arms, not Pelosi, for security reasons that even the White House admitted were totally legitimate. Because she’s third in line to the Presidency. Pelosi herself was willing to fly commercial. ●●●●●

Go back & reread your partisan, liberal sources more closely. The sergeant-at-arms advised Pelosi of the possible use of an Air Force jet. Your own sources do not go so far as to say that the larger plane was his request or his idea. [] And just because President Bush is both polite & nice does not mean that his generous spin is the only reasonable interpretation. And I know you would never give a conservative the benefit of as much doubt as you have scrounged up for Speaker Pelosi.

Grimwulf wrote:
●●●●● Now her surrender monkeys have decided to hand Iraq to the Iranian mullahs on a silver platter. ●●●●●

WT replies:
●●●●● Pathetic. The person who is responsible for installing a pro-Iranian government in Iraq is Bush. ●●●●●

Right now, Bush is trying to win. [] He has found a good general & provided additional troops for a plan that has a good chance of securing Iraq — if it is given the chance. And Pelosi is trying to take away that chance. Her actions are truly pathetic, craven & despicable. And the defense of those actions is pathetic.

WT continued:
●●●●● Trying to blame Pelosi for this is total bullshít, though fairly standard for you and the rest of the chickenhawk brigade. ●●●●●

Name-calling. [] The last resort of the truly embarrassed. You have no right — none whatsoever — to call me a chickenhawk. The charge is unkind, untrue & ungracious.

WT continues:
●●●●● If this is an example of your political insight, you should stick to trying to prove the existence of God by citing Bible stories. Or something. ●●●●●

If that is all you have gotten from my posts on that subject, you should stick to…

Never mind. [] I don’t need to go there.

PS: Goldberg is smarter & funnier than any columnist I’ve seen on the Left. But since you keep misrepresenting him, I guess you must already know that… []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Furthermore, it is my opinion that Obamacare must be repealed.

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1685

quote:
Name-calling. The last resort of the truly embarrassed.
Like "surrender monkey", you mean?
Grimwulf Stormspear
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5157
That’s a perfectly accurate description. []
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1685

quote:
Your own sources do not go so far as to say that the larger plane was [the sergeant at arms'] request or his idea.
quote:
"As the Sergeant at Arms, I have the responsibility to ensure the security of the members of the House of Representatives, to include the Speaker of the House. The Speaker requires additional precautions due to her responsibilities as the leader of the House and her Constitutional position as second in the line of succession to the presidency.

The fact that Speaker Pelosi lives in California compelled me to request an aircraft that is capable of making non-stop flights for security purposes, unless such an aircraft is unavailable.

Have reading comprehension issues, bud? (The statement is from my second link above.)

[] at "partisan, liberal sources". The "partisan, liberal source" simply quotes the statement by the sergeant-at-arms - you know, the person involved in the story.

In any case, Pelosi did not "throw a fit". That was a totally inaccurate description of what heppened. If you can't admit that, you're simply dishonest. Period.

And- don't forget to identify these "serious American historians" who have been debating whether Pelosi is the worst Speaker in history. C'mon, I for one am quite curious - who are these scholars?

[ 04-06-2007, 11:16 AM: Message edited by: Wandering Tuor ]

Imbëar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 729
posted      Profile for Imbëar   Author's Homepage   Email Imbëar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Pelosi has already made false statements regarding Olmert and Israel.

Why would anyone dismiss this embarrassment?

Are you Liberals and Leftists so excited about the idea of Pelosi that you'll grant her a free pass to make false statements (lie) and establish Democratic alliances with a Terrorist-supporting Nation?

Amazing.

Imbëar

From: Auburn, CA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1685

quote:
You have no right — none whatsoever — to call me a chickenhawk.
Oh, really? []

Maybe you've forgotten, or didn't read this at the time, but the first time the "chickenhawk" issue came up, I explained the definition of this term that I follow, here, which links to here:
quote:
Chicken-hawkism is the belief that advocating a war from afar is a sign of personal courage and strength, and that opposing a war from afar is a sign of personal cowardice and weakness.
Your comments about Pelosi's "cravenness" (and my "patheticness") show quite clearly that you are a chickenhawk under this definition. So I do have a right.

And in any case, you sound ridiculous opening a new thread by sneering at "surrender monkeys" and then whining about name calling. Try taking that beam out of your eye, it might improve your perspective.

[ 04-06-2007, 12:02 PM: Message edited by: Wandering Tuor ]

Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

posted      Profile for Artaresto   Email Artaresto   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Try taking that beam out of your eye
Listen to the Bible, []
From: Forochel | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1685

Exactly. Although that might be one of those pesky "metaphorical" passages.

-

Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

[]
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1685

GRIMWULF - WHO ARE THE "SERIOUS HISTORIANS" WHO ARE DEBATING WHETHER PELOSI IS THE WORST SPEAKER IN HISTORY []

-

[ 04-06-2007, 01:09 PM: Message edited by: Wandering Tuor ]

Éoric of the Riddermark
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2302

posted      Profile for Éoric of the Riddermark   Author's Homepage   Email Éoric of the Riddermark   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Yeah, if only we could go back to the good old days of high morality and true, selfless government service under Newt Gingrich.
bombadil> Not entirely on subject, but your post reminded me of this article I read earlier today. Martin makes some good points, IMHO, though I think there are also important points only hinted at in his commentary. []

[ 04-06-2007, 01:17 PM: Message edited by: Éoric of the Riddermark ]

From: Wilsonville, OR | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

posted      Profile for pi   Author's Homepage   Email pi   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
well, if you're ready (already!) to claim Pelosi is the worst Speaker ever, then I guess I'm ready to claim the worst President ever. And what a coincidence - they're both serving at this very moment. Go figure.
Damn ferners. Let's go nukular on 'em!
edit: And Éoric, great link. But then, it's from cnn.com, so it must be left-wing biased smear. Must be.

edit 2: check out the vote on that link's quick vote "If Jesus lived today, what do you think would be his top priority?"

[ 04-06-2007, 03:08 PM: Message edited by: pi ]

From: Virgo Supercluster, 40º N 75º W | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1685

By the way, the Democrats’ Iraq bill – which Grimwulf describes as “pathetic, craven & despicable” – is supported by a solid majority of Americans. The most recent Pew Research poll shows that nearly six-in-ten (59%) say they would like to see their representative vote for such legislation, compared with just 33% who want their representative to oppose it.

So, so since Grimwulf says defenders of this approach are “pathetic”, I guess he thinks 60% of Americans are pathetic.

Wow. [] That attitude sounds so . . . European. []

- - - - - - - - -

And . . .

WHO ARE THE "SERIOUS HISTORIANS" WHO ARE DEBATING WHETHER PELOSI IS THE WORST SPEAKER IN HISTORY []

[ 04-06-2007, 04:31 PM: Message edited by: Wandering Tuor ]

Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

quote:
That attitude sounds so ... European
[]
Roll of Honor Adulithien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2193

posted      Profile for Adulithien   Email Adulithien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[]
From: Austin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

posted      Profile for Thingol of Doriath   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah... get rid of Pelosi already! She's no fun... she doesn't put her foot in her mouth as often as this guy. []

There goes the Hispanic vote... *whoosh*

From: Sverige! | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grimwulf Stormspear
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5157
Great. Gingrich was guilty of knowing history. []

Not that the right-wingers at CNN would ever take his commments out of context. []

Minas Tirith Forums » The Prancing Pony Archive » Speaker Pelosi & Her Thumbsuckers (Page 1)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help