Minas Tirith Forums
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Prancing Pony Archive » Once upon a time (Page 1)
Author Topic: Once upon a time
Arien the Maia
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4219

posted      Profile for Arien the Maia   Author's Homepage   Email Arien the Maia   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
A certain godess abandoned her ancient city in order to move to England, that's when all Dubious wisdom leaft the lands of Hellas and rooted itself to England. After many reincarnations and lots of milleniums, the time came for her to return to the sacred grounds, being greatly helped by a wierd little being that firmly believe she belonged there.

[]

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, I have the ultimate happyness to inform you that I will soonishly be meeting with my most beloved witch, going around by the code name Athene.
Even though I have leaft the forums for quite some time, I decided to take the best of it and drag it over to my land. That is the kind of selfish being that I am.

So at the 24th of April I will be welcoming the Godess and her wierd purple attendant -aka donkey- to my house in Athens.
All those green with envy are welcomed to post here. []

From: The daily planet | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arisimi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4131
posted      Profile for Arisimi   Email Arisimi   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
* throws confetti * YEAH!!!!!!! And yes, I'm quite green with jealousy! I absolutely [] 's Athens and would [] to be able to go back and show Arth-gen what I saw almost 20 years ago. But enough about my jealously, LET'S CELEBRATE!!!!!!!!!

-

From: Never-Never Land | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Snowman of Forochel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2150

posted      Profile for Snowman of Forochel   Author's Homepage   Email Snowman of Forochel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'm very envious! Greece is one of the places I really want to visit one day.

I hope you two have a blast!

From: New Orleans | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Wandering Tuor
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1685

posted      Profile for Wandering Tuor   Email Wandering Tuor   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah ditto what Snow Wizard said.

Take pictures. []

From: My place | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elanor Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3219

posted      Profile for Elanor Gamgee   Email Elanor Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hope you have plenty of this:  -
and this:  -
Have a great time!
PS what do Greek donkeys like to eat?

From: Moscow | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[] [] Oh, this is what you meant by "an innocent little thread", is it?
[]

Well, donkey and I are extremely over-excited to be going, and can't quite believe that we've got to wait NEARLY A WHOLE MONTH ( [] ). Still it gives us time to get a new bikini (for me) and a new hat (for donkey).

I have printed out a list of useful Greek phrases in anticipation: I have already learnt how to say "I like Greece", which I think should serve me well in any situation!

Plus, I have been brushing up on The Cockerel Song. [] []

From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LyraLuthien Tinuviel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5173

posted      Profile for LyraLuthien Tinuviel   Author's Homepage   Email LyraLuthien Tinuviel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 

From: GreyHavens via Puget Sound | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Sulky? Envious? Indifferent?
[]

From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Freya
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1558

posted      Profile for Freya   Email Freya   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'm soooooooo jealous! Ditto Snowman and WT said; never been to Athens but would love to. Can't wait to see the pics.

Can't wait to see how good a likeness of you those statues are Athene?

Oh, and watch what she puts in your tea (or not) []

From: London | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1685

posted      Profile for Wandering Tuor   Email Wandering Tuor   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Goddess drugged by Maia. Film at 11:00.
From: My place | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Princess Keona
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1518

posted      Profile for Princess Keona   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Oh man, jealous isn't even the word!!! Athene, take good care of my Wifey for me, and Wifey, you owe me a big, big PM. []

Take loads of photos, I want everything captured! Every moment, every statue, every landscape, every bathroom visit... j/k!!! []
-Keo

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Thus I live in the world rather as a spectator of mankind than as one of the species.

A sacrifice a day keeps Jesus away!

...the Mace of Keo shall strike down the nefarious Suitors of Iniquity!!! ~ Müs

From: Rivendell | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

I am so taking a photo of a bathroom visit now. []
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1685

I was at a bar last week and saw some typical words of the prophets on the men's room wall, took a picture and decided (then) I was going to start a Pony thread about the wisdom found in bathroom graffiti.

Then I woke up the next morning, sober, and changed my mind.

Roll of Honor Freya
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1558

posted      Profile for Freya   Email Freya   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Why? It would be better than 90% of the current Pony threads []

Nice to know you think of MT in your drunkest moments, WT []

From: London | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2150

posted      Profile for Snowman of Forochel   Author's Homepage   Email Snowman of Forochel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, WT, it's nice, but uh, I think you need help. []
From: New Orleans | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

posted      Profile for Thingol of Doriath   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmmm.... the only Greek I remember from my time in Athens is(and forgive my spelling):

Efkarastopoli... thank you.
Parakalo... you're welcome/please.
Ohi(with a nod)... no.
Neh(with a head shake)... yes.

I remember various hand gestures as well. []

Some tips: Taxis don't stop just because you hail one. They slow down and you have to yell out your destination, then they decide if they feel like going in that direction. Showing a little skin seems to help in their decision making. [] Don't be surprised if the your taxi stops and picks up another passenger going in the same direction... this happens often. Also, don't expect this to make your trip cheaper.

Best neighborhood in Athens: Kolonaki! [] Cute shops and cafés... beautiful Apollos and Aphrodites wandering about. []

From: Sverige! | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Yo, Thubeldhia
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5070

posted      Profile for Yo, Thubeldhia   Email Yo, Thubeldhia   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
*Is [] with envy*
*Lentil is too!!*
Have a great time and post millions of pics, including some of those Apollos Thingy is mentioning!

From: Far far away | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arien the Maia
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4219

posted      Profile for Arien the Maia   Author's Homepage   Email Arien the Maia   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
First off, let me underline that I would never give Athene anything illegal, for the same reason the Druid doesn't give anything to Obelix []

quote:
I hope you two have a blast!

With Athene? Are you kidding? That boring individual? Nahhh....

quote:
Take pictures
Do you want me to photograph something in particular dear? Cause now is the time to ask []

quote:
PS what do Greek donkeys like to eat?
English lions []
Not funny huh? []

Grass, like the rest of us nature loving greeks, I guess []

quote:
Still it gives us time to get a new bikini (for me) and a new hat (for donkey).

Ermm... not yet bikini season dear. Even though most men would appreciate it if you casualy wore it and roamed the streets with me, I'm sure.
And donkey will need a hat, and sunglasses. So will you, my dear Northern friend. The Sun kisses dangerously this time of year.
quote:
Then I woke up the next morning, sober, and changed my mind.
That's the awful about being sober, all unexpected creativity goes out the window for no reason at all, other than being drunk at the time []

And by the way, Thingy has it right, but no way I am taking you to Kolonaki where the trendy people live and breed. You'll have to deal with not seeing that part of Athens. On the other hand you will be living at Kipseli -the most densely populated area of Europe- and hanging out in Exarhia among anarchists and generaly suspitious creatures. []

From: The daily planet | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

posted      Profile for Thingol of Doriath   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
On the other hand you will be living at Kipseli -the most densely populated area of Europe- and hanging out in Exarhia among anarchists and generaly suspitious creatures.
I lived in Exarhia. [] Very suspicious creatures indeed... especially around Omonoia. [] I bet you spend quite a bit of time there, eh goddess? []
From: Sverige! | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

Hey, how did I miss this post!
[]
ONLY THIRTEEN DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYS!
[] [] []

donkey
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5518

posted      Profile for donkey   Edit/Delete Post 
[] [] [] [] [] [] [] []
Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sherl
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3828

posted      Profile for Sherl   Email Sherl   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Looks like I checked back just in time!

*hopes the meeting is great!*

From: 221b Baker Street | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

Right, donkey and I are signing off for the night now. We will be back... with photos and a retsina hangover, in a few days.
[]
[]
[]

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2150

Have fun, but don't overload your system with Feta, Athene! []

Looking forward to your return.

donkey
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5518

posted      Profile for donkey   Edit/Delete Post 

Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Minas Tirith Forums » The Prancing Pony Archive » Once upon a time (Page 1)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help