Minas Tirith Forums
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library

Minas Tirith Forums » The Prancing Pony Archive » The Children of Hurin Release Party
Author Topic: The Children of Hurin Release Party
Hyarion
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3029
posted      Profile for Hyarion   Author's Homepage   Email Hyarion   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hey guys, I just thought I'd let you know that TolkienGateway.net and TolkienLibrary.com are holding a Release Party online for those who can't attend the Line Party in New York. We're looking at over $1,000 of prizes we're going to give away and over a dozen guest speakers along with various activities during the 3 day long event from Sunday April 15th to Tuesday April 17th, the release day. We'd love to see some MTers stop by [] Herendil, Halion, Mith, and I will definitely be there as usual.

We're also holding a contest for a Deluxe The Children of Hurin signed by Alan Lee and Christopher Tolkien, check out the link below. (We'll give more of these away later)

More information
Enter the contest

For the contest the code is "Hurin" and the answer is "signed"

If you guys have any suggestions for the event just let me know.

[ 03-24-2007, 10:06 PM: Message edited by: Hyarion ]

From: Bakersfield, California | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

posted      Profile for Thingol of Doriath   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[]
From: Sverige! | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

posted      Profile for pi   Author's Homepage   Email pi   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
This sounds great, but how do you enter to try to win? The contest entry form asks for a code and an answer to enter.

edit: Also, what is the "subscription" you may cancel that it is referring to where it says:
I Agree
By clicking the 'I Agree' button below, you automatically agree to the contest terms and conditions and you understand that you may cancel your subscription at anytime. No purchase is necessary to win this contest.

[ 03-25-2007, 08:24 AM: Message edited by: pi ]

From: Virgo Supercluster, 40º N 75º W | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hyarion
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3029
posted      Profile for Hyarion   Author's Homepage   Email Hyarion   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
pi, the code and answer is directly below the contest link in the first post.

If that subscription statement hasn't been removed already you can ignore it, it was for the TolkienLibrary.com newsletter but that was added by mistake and the email will only used to notify the winner, after the contest all the information will be deleted. I wish we didn't need the name/address/etc but unfortunately it would be too easy to cheat and just enter a bunch of times and ruin it for everyone.

From: Bakersfield, California | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

posted      Profile for pi   Author's Homepage   Email pi   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
wow, in my excitement to go to the link, I never read below it. thanks.
From: Virgo Supercluster, 40º N 75º W | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Silmahtar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4806

posted      Profile for Silmahtar   Author's Homepage   Email Silmahtar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hyarion, thank you very much for the update.

As for the contest, I just want to be 100% sure that by entering the contest, my name and address won't be put on some mailing list that'll be impossible to get off of. All that it says in the T&C is:
quote:
12) All personal information is strictly private and will be deleted after the contest is complete.
Does that also mean that the two sponsors of the contest (Tolkien Library and Tolkien Gateway) won't store my information for any other purpose?
From: Vinya-Tárilos | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hyarion
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3029
Silmahtar, not only will your information not be put on a mailing list that is impossible to get off of, it won't be put on any mailing list period. The only reason we require it is to verify there aren't 100 entries all with different emails but shipping to the same address, I'd hate for someone to ruin a contest like that. As soon as the winner is randomly chosen, and they've confirmed, then the database will be deleted. I think we will be reiterating this fact in the privacy clause as we definitely don't want anyone not having a chance of winning if they simply don't feel comfortable entering. Most of the other prizes will be given away during the live chat so I think what we'll do then is just have people enter their username so they don't have to worry about anything.
Halion
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2140
posted      Profile for Halion   Email Halion   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
The Party has started!
Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hope you all enjoy yourselves

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Actually, I am now feeling a lot better about things, in general.

From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Minas Tirith Forums » The Prancing Pony Archive » The Children of Hurin Release Party
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help