Minas Tirith Forums
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  22  23  24 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Prancing Pony Archive » Hillary Clinton to run for Prez (Page 4)
Author Topic: Hillary Clinton to run for Prez
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Lyra = WiKi's sockpuppet?
[] [] []
[]

From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kalkin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1029

posted      Profile for Kalkin   Email Kalkin   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Laughing at "femi-nazi".

Drink the kool-aide baby, it's good for you. []

From: Chicago | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Wandering Tuor
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1685

posted      Profile for Wandering Tuor   Email Wandering Tuor   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
It goes well with Oxycontin, I hear.
From: My place | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kalkin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1029

posted      Profile for Kalkin   Email Kalkin   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Everything goes well with Oxycontin. [] I should know, I was on it for 6 months. There have been occasions (usually on Sunday mornings) where I wished I had saved a few.

Oxycodone for hangover relief, there is no substitute.

From: Chicago | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[] Isn't that a bit like curing athlete's foot by chopping your leg off?

Does craving wasabi count as a controlled medication addiction? []

From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1685

posted      Profile for Wandering Tuor   Email Wandering Tuor   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I was on [Oxycontin] for 6 months.
I think I remember those posts! []
From: My place | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

[] According to Wikipedia, Kool-Aid can be used as a permanent hair dye! WHAT???
[]
Well, I suppose you need it to wash down those Twinkies!

I think American schools should run a mandatory class entitled Food/Not Food: How to Tell the Difference.

And then you can ship it over here. []
*mutterturkeytwizzlersmutter*
[]

Princess Keona
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1518

posted      Profile for Princess Keona   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Lyra, actually, if Hilary was a REAL femi-nazi, she would've dumped Bill immediately after the whole incident with Monica.
-Keo

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Thus I live in the world rather as a spectator of mankind than as one of the species.

A sacrifice a day keeps Jesus away!

...the Mace of Keo shall strike down the nefarious Suitors of Iniquity!!! ~ Müs

From: Rivendell | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kalkin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1029

quote:
I think I remember those posts!
Well, that's one of us. []

quote:
Isn't that a bit like curing athlete's foot by chopping your leg off?

No, it's called relief for chronic pain while waiting for surgery to cure said pain. And oddly enough, they did chop part of my legs off. []

[ 01-25-2007, 11:06 AM: Message edited by: Kalkin ]

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1685

What was your deal, Kalkin? (If it's not too personal.)
Kalkin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1029

I had avascular necrosis in both hips. Essentially, it means that the blood had stop flowing to the bones in the hip joint and were slowly rotting away. I had to get both hips replaced and - for obvious reasons - the operations were performed 6 months apart. While waiting for the second operation, it became too painful to sit longer than about 20 minutes, which made work and even driving my car very difficult. The oxycontin at least allowed me to cope with the pain and maintain some level of function at work.

Anyway, the comment about cutting off part my legs is a bit of joke. Although, they did remove the head and neck of both femurs. They actually lengthened the legs back to their original size. I asked if they could lengthen anything else. They said they were Doctors, not miracle workers.

[ 01-25-2007, 11:20 AM: Message edited by: Kalkin ]

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1685

-

Sorry, that sounds bad. IIRC, that's what ended Bo Jackson's career. []

Kalkin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1029

Thank you, thank you very much. I'll be here all week. Try the veal.

Re: Bo Jackson....I believe it was the same thing. You're never quite the same after that surgery.

Grimwulf Stormspear
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5157
posted      Profile for Grimwulf Stormspear   Email Grimwulf Stormspear   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone really believe that personal virtue (or vice) is confined to one party or the other? [] I find Hillary unacceptable because of her policies. [] I don’t care if she is a devil worshipper (as long as she keeps it hidden) or the reincarnation of Florence Nightingale. []

P.S.: Welcome back, WT. [] Hope you’ve been well. []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Furthermore, it is my opinion that Obamacare must be repealed.

From: The central lake-lands of the Great Peninsula. | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Neytari Took-Baggins
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 490

posted      Profile for Neytari Took-Baggins   Author's Homepage   Email Neytari Took-Baggins   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Condi could get elected []

It's not Obama's skin. It's his inexperience. He hasn't voted on enough for us to be able to get a feel of his leanings.

Bomby: Rewriting History. Written by someone who knew her personally, which is why it is considered the top anti-Hillary book. I haven't read it, don't think it will bring anything necessary into my life.
I don't know where Wiki gets the information behind anything he says.

I agree with Lyra's last post on the last page. EDIT: And Grimwulf's post just now (which goes for Obama too, little that I know of his policies, they don't jive with me).

Keo: If she had left him it would have hurt his presidency and her chances at the presidency. And maybe she loves him despite his flaws. I like to believe the latter, evil Republican though I am. Ok, I like to believe both, evil Republican that I am []

[ 01-25-2007, 11:55 AM: Message edited by: Neytari Took-Baggins ]

From: California ainrofilaC | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1685

Yeah, I just looked up Bo's Wiki - avasculur necrosis. I remember that because his injury occurred just before the 1990 AFC Championship game v. Buffalo. Bo didn't play, due to (as reported at that time) a "hip pointer", which I think is just a boo boo on your hip. So I mocked Bo at the game (he was on the sidelines) as a big wuss; later, when it was revealed he had this career-ending condition, my friends reminded me that I had basically been a big jerk. []

E: Thanks, Grimwulf.

E2: NT-B - Putting this as diplomatically as possible - I can't think of a single person anywhere in the world who has less credibiity than Dick Morris. Seriously. Read my link - his claims about Hillary aren't even consistent with what he himself said in the past. He was a trained monkey when he was working for the Clintons, and he's a trained monkey now.

[ 01-25-2007, 12:02 PM: Message edited by: Wandering Tuor ]

Kalkin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1029

Dick Morris creeps me out. Just glad he works for the GOP.
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1685

Does he? I wouldn't think any politician would hire him now; he's too much of an idiot. His prediction about Hillary's last Senate race was that she would face a tough fight against Jeannine Pirro; he suggested that Hillary should just drop out. []

I think he's basically just a talking head for Fox News now (where credibility isn't really a prerequisite). But I could be wrong.

Kalkin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1029

quote:
I think he's basically just a talking head for Fox News now.
That's what I said.

PAY ATTENTION!!! []

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1685

I swear I was going to add at the end: "unless that's what you meant". []

quote:
"He no longer consults for US candidates, prefering instead to consult for foreign campaigns."

(from his Wiki page)

Yeah, he "prefers" this. As in, "he's universally loathed in his own country". Of course, the prostitutes in Ukraine are probably cheaper.

[ 01-25-2007, 12:32 PM: Message edited by: Wandering Tuor ]

Captain of Gondor
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5254

posted      Profile for Captain of Gondor   Author's Homepage   Email Captain of Gondor   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Has anyone heard the rumor the Hillary is a lesbian? [] I hear about it a little while ago that Hillary is a lesbian and the only reason she married the scumbag was to get into office one way or the other.
From: Ririe, Idaho | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1685

Anoren Anarinwa
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2435

posted      Profile for Anoren Anarinwa   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 

Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1685

And kept up the pretense for 32 years. [] []

[ 01-25-2007, 01:53 PM: Message edited by: Wandering Tuor ]

Roll of Honor bombadil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1329

posted      Profile for bombadil   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
What I can't stand is the fact that there are people who would vote for her just because she's a woman, regardless of her stand on issues, for the advancement of feminism. Trouble is, Hillary's not a feminist; she's a feminazi.
Yeah, and I can't stand the fact that there are people who won't vote for her because they believe the lies written and spoken by others.

Oh, and please define "feminazi" and how it's different from "feminist."

quote:
Written by someone who knew her personally . . .
Um, yeah, thanks for the link, NTB -- although I actually found it myself after your first post. Amazing thing, the internet. Posting a link to your source hardly makes it more credible. So we have one person who was close to Hillary who says she's this or that, and legions of others who swear she's not. You choose to believe the one, even when WT's link blows that one to smithereens. Please pardon my bluntness, but that says more about you than it does about Hillary.

And I still haven't seen anything from anyone about her alleged lesbianism, other than the "rumor" hinted at earlier. Well, as a single male music teacher in a conservative community, whose wife left him a couple of years ago for another guy, there are lots of rumors about me as well -- some involving other men, occasionally one involving a student or a former student (male and female). If any were true, I'd have lost my job by now. If the worst were true, I'd be in jail by now. Instead, I have the biggest choirs in the entire district and parents and kids like me -- they choose not to believe the rumors because they recognize BS. Hmmm, maybe Mormons are good at that, I don't know.

And, for the best words on the subject:

quote:
I find Hillary unacceptable because of her policies. I don’t care if she is a devil worshipper (as long as she keeps it hidden) or the reincarnation of Florence Nightingale.

YESSS YESSS, GS! Vote for her or don't because of her policies, not for what some partisan hack with an ax to grind wrote, or what some rumor-monger or right-wing personality or supermarket tabloid said.

[ 01-27-2007, 02:24 PM: Message edited by: bombadil ]

From: Meridian ID | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Minas Tirith Forums » The Prancing Pony Archive » Hillary Clinton to run for Prez (Page 4)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  22  23  24 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help