Minas Tirith Forums
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  19  20  21  22  23  24 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Prancing Pony Archive » Hillary Clinton to run for Prez (Page 22)
Author Topic: Hillary Clinton to run for Prez
Éoric of the Riddermark
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2302

posted      Profile for Éoric of the Riddermark   Author's Homepage   Email Éoric of the Riddermark   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
One huge problem with America is that even the best candidate can't win unless they raise huge funds and inevitably go to bed with their donors to some degree or other, rather than doing the right thing for our country as a whole.
Another huge problem is that every American seems to think that your statement is only true of the candidates/parties they oppose. []
From: Wilsonville, OR | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Gna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3830

posted      Profile for Gna   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Just what in the heck did parasitic worms or stinging jellyfish ever do to you to merit such a comparison?
Apart from a couple of nematode infections in childhood, and an unpleasant encounter with a Physalia physalis in Galveston Bay-nothing. So, good point.

Actually, I adore jellyfish and most of their relatives...especially as embryos. []

From: Andustar | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kalkin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1029

posted      Profile for Kalkin   Email Kalkin   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Actually, I adore jellyfish and most of their relatives...especially as embryos.
Are the scrumptious, yes? Are they juicy and delectable, Precious?
From: Chicago | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Gna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3830

posted      Profile for Gna   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Somebody, other than sea turtles, must eat jellyfish.

Or am I thinking of sea cucumbers?

All those marine invertebrates look the same after a few dozen hours in a food dehydrator.

From: Andustar | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kalkin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1029

posted      Profile for Kalkin   Email Kalkin   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
People eat both. I've had sea cucumber at a sushi bar. It's a weird and kinda gross animal that can eviscerate itself when attacked, allowing it to escape while the predator munches on it's innards.

On a personal note, I find sea-cucumber (taste-wise) to be teh suck.

From: Chicago | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Wandering Tuor
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1685

posted      Profile for Wandering Tuor   Email Wandering Tuor   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Is "teh suck" good or bad?

You kids and your crazy lingo. []

From: My place | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kalkin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1029

Hmmm, let me put it in terms that you can understand.......

-

Éoric of the Riddermark
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2302

posted      Profile for Éoric of the Riddermark   Author's Homepage   Email Éoric of the Riddermark   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Random post, I understand, but...

quote:
Somebody, other than sea turtles, must eat jellyfish.
These fellas do:

-

[]

[ 03-27-2007, 10:59 AM: Message edited by: Éoric of the Riddermark ]

From: Wilsonville, OR | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Oooooh, sunfish. Huge and odd. []
From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Freya
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1558

posted      Profile for Freya   Email Freya   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
*raises hand"

Also ate Sea Cucumber. I naively though it would be like cucumber [] . Really, really disgusting. Like how I'd imagine slug to taste like. Nearly as bad as the "Sea Asparagus" and "Fish Lips" I was treated to in the same meal. [] []

Where's a thread hijacked pic when you need it? []

From: London | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Snowman of Forochel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2150

posted      Profile for Snowman of Forochel   Author's Homepage   Email Snowman of Forochel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
It's a weird and kinda gross animal that can eviscerate itself when attacked, allowing it to escape while the predator munches on it's innards.

But it escapes one death, only to die another horrible death due to lack of innards, right? How can it live without it's innards?

Freya - what country were you in that you were served such strange food?

[ 03-27-2007, 04:30 PM: Message edited by: Snow Wizard ]

From: New Orleans | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kalkin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1029

Snowy

It don't lose ALL it's innards.....just the ones it can get by without for a spell.

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2150

posted      Profile for Snowman of Forochel   Author's Homepage   Email Snowman of Forochel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Kalk, you saved me a sea cucumber search on google. []
From: New Orleans | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Freya
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1558

posted      Profile for Freya   Email Freya   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Snowy, it was a business dinner in Singapore, so I had to eat all the dishes so I wasn't "pathetic blonde white girl who doesn't like foreign food" []
From: London | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2150

Hey I was right!

I just knew it was somewhere in Asia!

But what did they think of you when you threw up, Freya? []

[ 03-27-2007, 06:15 PM: Message edited by: Snow Wizard ]

Roll of Honor Freya
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1558

I presented it to them as an English "dessert".....apple crumble and custard I think....and made out like I'd be offended if THEY didn't eat MY dish....

Sorry that was revolting.

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2150

Wow, I didn't expect that sort of answer!

You're dark, Freya, very dark. []

Roll of Honor Wandering Tuor
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1685

posted      Profile for Wandering Tuor   Email Wandering Tuor   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
If the clichés about Asian businessmen (which I learned from watching Law and Order [] ) are true, those guys must have though they'd died and gone to heaven when you showed up, Freya.
From: My place | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

posted      Profile for pi   Author's Homepage   Email pi   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
WT - you mean because she's a blonde occidental or because she eats their food? Or both?
edit: Or neither?

[ 03-27-2007, 06:35 PM: Message edited by: pi ]

From: Virgo Supercluster, 40º N 75º W | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2150

I'm pretty sure he means because she's a gorgeous beautiful blond occidental, Pi. Asian men are known for their love of the blonds.
Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

posted      Profile for pi   Author's Homepage   Email pi   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Snow Wizard, it's not just Asians - this American occidental has a special spot in his heart (and other places) for blondes as well. []
From: Virgo Supercluster, 40º N 75º W | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

posted      Profile for Artaresto   Email Artaresto   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I guess it's fairly common in Europe as well []
From: Forochel | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

yeah baby, you gotta love those northern European bloodlines...
edit: or should I say blondelines? []

[ 03-27-2007, 07:00 PM: Message edited by: pi ]

Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

posted      Profile for Artaresto   Email Artaresto   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[] []
From: Forochel | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2150

No offense to the gorgeous Freya, but I just absolutely go crazy for redheads. []

I love all colors, but fair skinned redheads just drive me nuts.

Minas Tirith Forums » The Prancing Pony Archive » Hillary Clinton to run for Prez (Page 22)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  19  20  21  22  23  24 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help