Minas Tirith Forums
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  ...  22  23  24 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Prancing Pony Archive » Hillary Clinton to run for Prez (Page 2)
Author Topic: Hillary Clinton to run for Prez
Madomir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3084

posted      Profile for Madomir   Email Madomir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[] Eek.. yet another sign of the impending apocalypse.
From: northern hemisphere-ish | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Luke
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5836
posted      Profile for Luke   Author's Homepage   Email Luke   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Times ten.
From: Granada Hills, Ca. | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LyraLuthien Tinuviel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5173

posted      Profile for LyraLuthien Tinuviel   Author's Homepage   Email LyraLuthien Tinuviel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Giulliani I could live with. *forgive me if I spelled that wrong*
From: GreyHavens via Puget Sound | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faramir Ranger Captain
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 5537
posted      Profile for Faramir Ranger Captain   Email Faramir Ranger Captain   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I think Guliani (?) would be the GOP's best bet. As to Hillary, why does everyone regard her as being so incredibly intelligent? Just because she's a woman who succeeded in the "man's world" of politics? Yeah right. If you look back to the Clinton presidency, she just about bungled everything she touched. I don't think she has a chance. Like someone said before with 100% accuracy, she falls apart in unscripted situations. I don't think she has a chance.

And I can't believe Obama is announcing his intentions of running for president. I don't think America is ready for a muslim president, especially in our present situation. But one thing he did succeed in doing was stealing the thunder from Hillary's announcement; the possability of the first black president over-shadowed that of the first female in that position. []

From: california | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elora Starsong
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2099

posted      Profile for Elora Starsong   Email Elora Starsong   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I don't live in the US, but isn't Obama Christian?
From: Dancing 'twixt the stars | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amárië
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5498

posted      Profile for Amárië   Email Amárië   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, Obama is very much Christian. []

Supporting evidence: "Obama is especially proud of being a husband and father of two daughters, Malia, 8 and Sasha, 4. Obama and his wife, Michelle, married in 1992 and live on Chicago ’s South Side where they attend Trinity United Church of Christ."

Here.

Plus, they wouldn't be making such a big deal about the "First Muslim Senator" from Minnesota if Obama had been elected two yars ago. []
Maia said:

quote:
if voting could actually change anything, it would be outlawed!

Yes, thanks, Ms. Goldman. []

[ 01-23-2007, 03:42 AM: Message edited by: Amárië ]

From: Mishawaka, IN | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

posted      Profile for Éomer   Email Éomer   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I long for the day when religion won't be a factor in who gets to be President of the United States. I expect I'll be longing for quite some time, unfortunately. []
From: Serenity | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[]
*ahem*
The exception....

To be fair, if my entire view of the universe revolved around a particular set of religious beliefs, I would want my country to be run by someone who shared those beliefs.

I watched Contact the other day, where Jodie Foster's character was refused to go talk to the aliens because she didn't believe in God. The justification? "95% of people on this planet believe in a supreme being. How can our species be represented by someone who believes the rest of us are suffering from some kind of delusion?"

Even as one of the 5% I can see that's fair. []

From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

posted      Profile for Éomer   Email Éomer   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not saying I want a world where nobody believes in a supreme being, just one where whether they do or not doesn't matter.

Contact is a very good movie, by the way, especially because of the questions it brings up about faith (surprising, considering Carl Sagan was an atheist--so far as I know, anyway). []

[ 01-23-2007, 04:20 AM: Message edited by: Éomer ]

From: Serenity | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Wandering Tuor
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1685

posted      Profile for Wandering Tuor   Email Wandering Tuor   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
. . . [the] big deal about the "First Muslim Senator" from Minnesota . . .
The Dennis Prager contribution to this was pretty amusing. It's funny how many so called conservatives don't seem very interested in what the Constitution requires.
From: My place | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Dread Pirate Roberts
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2117
posted      Profile for The Dread Pirate Roberts   Email The Dread Pirate Roberts   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
This country is more than 230 years old and to this point the most extreme minority president we have had was a white, male, Catholic. And before he finished his term he was assasinated.

A woman? A black man? In the United States of America? Are you kidding me?

Anyone who thinks it is possible doesn't know America.

From: Blacksburg, VA | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

Why not? It worked in the hit television drama 24! []
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1685

posted      Profile for Wandering Tuor   Email Wandering Tuor   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Twice!
From: My place | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
24 is a true story though, isn't it? []
From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1685

You mean they really nuked L.A. ?
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

I don't watch it, you tell me!
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1685

It's fictional. Really fictional.
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

Gotcha.
Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

That's not true! Jack Bauer is a real American hero!
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1685

You can tell that by the way he shoots baddies in the thigh to make them spill their guts. []

That sounds like a mixed metaphor, but it's not. []

Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

-

Okay, people, nice work. Take five! []

Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

A foolish tactic.
[]
Not only does it risk severing the femoral artery and thus killing the baddy before he's had time to tell you where the missiles are hidden, but it is not nearly as effective as....

[] TICKLING!!! []

Tickling™. Meanest torture tactic EVARRRRRR. []

LyraLuthien Tinuviel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5173

posted      Profile for LyraLuthien Tinuviel   Author's Homepage   Email LyraLuthien Tinuviel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
What's this?
Hijacking threads isn't good enough anymore, now there has to be a train wreck too?

From: GreyHavens via Puget Sound | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor bombadil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1329

posted      Profile for bombadil   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
To get back on topic:

Hillary orchestrated the train wreck. And Barak the terrorist planted the dynamite.

From: Meridian ID | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Witch-King of Angmar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4899
posted      Profile for The Witch-King of Angmar   Email The Witch-King of Angmar   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
As to Hillary, why does everyone regard her as being so incredibly intelligent?
Because Oprah said so.

Some people confuse deceit with intelligence-- and even more make excuses for them; there's no such thing as bad publicity these days.

I could write a book on the real Hillary-- long story short she's not Elanor Roosevelt (except for being a lesbian), she's closer to Mary Todd; Bill Clinton was nothing but an empty shell that's basically harmless until manipulated by Hillary. She's a mighty king/queen in her own mind, with more loose screws than a disassembled roller-coaster-- purely narcissistic, and maybe bi-polar to boot.
I hope she doesn't stand a snowball's chance, but after 4 Clinton elections nothing surprises me anymore.

[ 01-23-2007, 08:44 PM: Message edited by: The Witch-King of Angmar ]

From: Los Angeles, CA, USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Minas Tirith Forums » The Prancing Pony Archive » Hillary Clinton to run for Prez (Page 2)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  ...  22  23  24 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help