Minas Tirith Forums
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Prancing Pony Archive » Duck Tape (Page 2)
Author Topic: Duck Tape
Princess Keona
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1518

posted      Profile for Princess Keona   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Poor nipples! []
-Keo

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Thus I live in the world rather as a spectator of mankind than as one of the species.

A sacrifice a day keeps Jesus away!

...the Mace of Keo shall strike down the nefarious Suitors of Iniquity!!! ~ Müs

From: Rivendell | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matt The Courageous
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5409
posted      Profile for Matt The Courageous   Author's Homepage   Email Matt The Courageous   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Well, here's one I don't recommend. Repairing electrical cords with duck-tape/duct-tape(quack, quack tape). Some of the types have metal fibers in them. Add a touch of moisture(and I do mean just a little) and it's quite exhilarating. [] For now on I will use electrical tape for such applications. []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"Long may truth prevail."
"Peace to the faithful."
"Fear no darkness!"
"Fight the good fight!"
"for even a fool if he is silent, men will think him wise"
Anger is easy, forgiveness is hard.

From: pacific northwest | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
didn't that HURT??? You know, after you removed it??
A bit, although the endorphin rush that follows is worth it. Just make sure you put it below the nipples, otherwise injury may result.
[]
It also makes you realise that you do actually have more body hair than you think. I don't have a lot of body hair, and certainly not on my bosom I thought, but the gaffer tape had a teeny tiny little patina of fluff on it afterwards.
[]
I'm way too scared to try waxing my legs with it though.

From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elora Starsong
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2099

posted      Profile for Elora Starsong   Email Elora Starsong   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
No way I am applying any tape to my nipples. I like them just where they are, thank you very much. []

OUCH!!!!!!!! []

Hey, Matt, if electrical tape is for electrical repairs... do ya think plumbers tape is for plumbing repairs? []

From: Dancing 'twixt the stars | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Princess Keona
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1518

Hmm, wait I just thought of something. If you put a cotton ball on your actual nipple and then tape across it, that might actually work!
-Keo

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Thus I live in the world rather as a spectator of mankind than as one of the species.

From: Rivendell | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elora Starsong
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2099

posted      Profile for Elora Starsong   Email Elora Starsong   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
True, Keo... but I don't think they've even thought up a name for how weird it would be to tape cotton balls to your nipples. I'll submit a request to the World Health Organisation's psychiatric committee for ya. []
From: Dancing 'twixt the stars | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LyraLuthien Tinuviel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5173

posted      Profile for LyraLuthien Tinuviel   Author's Homepage   Email LyraLuthien Tinuviel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
You know, MadMatt was asking for stories of fixing things with duck tape. I'm pretty sure taped up nipples was the last thing on his mind when he created this thread. I just hope he doesn't get any crazy ideas about what to do with duck tape.
From: GreyHavens via Puget Sound | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dark Phoenix
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5456

posted      Profile for Dark Phoenix   Email Dark Phoenix   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I think the differance between gaffer tape and duct tape is that gaffer tape in the united states is electric tape. Though i really am not for sure but maybe it is and maybe it aint
From: The Phoenix Inn. | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Princess Keona
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1518

Lyra, worst case scenario - just blame it on me. []

Elora: I'll call it... TapeNip! [] Yeah, there we go. Maybe I should try it out tomorrow when I go to Disneyland, just skip a bra entirely...
-Keo

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 

From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elora Starsong
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2099

Aw Keo, why do that. It would spoil all the fun you could have at Disneyland! []

TapeNip... nah, doesn't sound deviant and freaky enough for abnormal psychological behaviour. We need to come up with something pseudo latin that sounds like something the Marquis de Sade would have found fun. []

Lyra, if our purpose is not to inspire, then what is it that we do here in the Prancing Pony? []

Me, I'm hoping Snöwdog doesn't have a giant sized roll of duct tape... because even though I know that I really am a good and well behaved gal, not everyone agrees with me. []

But, then, provided he left me with the remote to the stereo and TV, I suppose I could be happy for a while... and some beer. I'd definately need beer...

Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

posted      Profile for Thingol of Doriath   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Best... usage... of... duct... tape... EVER.

-

From: Sverige! | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matt The Courageous
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5409
posted      Profile for Matt The Courageous   Author's Homepage   Email Matt The Courageous   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Now that is a use for duct-tape that I can agree with. Nice pic.
Yes plumbers tape is for plumbers. I know several plumbers, but if I recall correctly, some might call it Teflon tape. But every plumber has a roll of duct-tape in his tool box.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"Peace to the faithful."
"Fear no darkness!"
"Fight the good fight!"

From: pacific northwest | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matt The Courageous
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5409
Finally found something I couldn't fix with ducktape. []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"Peace to the faithful."
"Fear no darkness!"
"Fight the good fight!"

Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

posted      Profile for Artaresto   Email Artaresto   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Some duct tape and steel wire make an adequate cell phone antenna []

Btw, it should not be called duct tape. MacGyver tape it is []

E: Stupid grammar []

[ 04-08-2007, 11:45 AM: Message edited by: Artaresto ]

From: Forochel | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matt The Courageous
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5409
Hey, the stuff works great for removing hair.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"Peace to the faithful."
"Fear no darkness!"
"Fight the good fight!"

Roll of Honor Adulithien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2193

posted      Profile for Adulithien   Email Adulithien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
 -
From: Austin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Minas Tirith Forums » The Prancing Pony Archive » Duck Tape (Page 2)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help