Minas Tirith Forums
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Prancing Pony Archive » The Eurovision Song Contest 2005(and now 2006)(and now 2007)!! (Page 9)
Author Topic: The Eurovision Song Contest 2005(and now 2006)(and now 2007)!!
Arien the Maia
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4219

posted      Profile for Arien the Maia   Author's Homepage   Email Arien the Maia   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
About this years contestant being better than Elena []
[]

The dress of our contestant costed 170,000 euros, did you know that? []

From: The daily planet | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miranthridel Bloom
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3050

posted      Profile for Miranthridel Bloom   Author's Homepage   Email Miranthridel Bloom   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
The kind-of-a-corset-but-not top? 'Cause I'm pretty sure she had pants... []
I honestly thought she (this year's lady) was a better singer, though!

From: HMAS Fire & Ice, Miranistan | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arien the Maia
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4219

posted      Profile for Arien the Maia   Author's Homepage   Email Arien the Maia   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
It was called a dress cause it had a long piece of white cloth covering her []

But yes, that thing she wore.

[] I may serve your tongue at dinner tonight, you know []

From: The daily planet | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miranthridel Bloom
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3050

posted      Profile for Miranthridel Bloom   Author's Homepage   Email Miranthridel Bloom   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know the exchange rate, but that sounds like a lot of money for a top [] !
Isn't this where we do that amicable internet friends thing and agree to disagree? Plus I don't want to eat my tongue! I use it for talking [] .

From: HMAS Fire & Ice, Miranistan | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Thorin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 816
posted      Profile for Thorin   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
There is a huge crowd of very ... interesting ... people swarming all over Helsinki at present. I didn't realize that a travelling circus seems to follow Eurovision around. I figured that the eternal cold and cloud cover would keep most of them indoors, but they seem quite happy to wander outside my office building all day long. I haven't seen so many people out there since the last anti-American protest.
From: Helsinki | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'm hosting a Eurovision Party on Saturday. Hee.
[]
Anyone wanna come?
[]

From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Thorin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 816
I seem to be living in a Eurovision party at present. [] And I invited Singy over, but he didn't want to come!
From: Helsinki | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miranthridel Bloom
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3050

I was planning to have a Eurovision/belated birthday party on Saturday night, but I just found out it airs Sunday night (aka Mother's Day) over here. Am pissed [] .
Roll of Honor Freya
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1558

posted      Profile for Freya   Email Freya   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'm amazed that people enjoy this week-long bore and cheese fest, even in an ironic way. I mean, I can appreciate kitsch like anyone else, but not when it lasts 6 hours and assaults my taste-nodes with such efficiency.
From: London | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miranthridel Bloom
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3050

I've only ever watched it once, so the kitsch-factor hasn't gotten too stale yet. Looks like my party/gathering will have to be a movie night now anyway.
Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

posted      Profile for Thingol of Doriath   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Yay... changed the thread's title.

Freya's just pissed because this is the UK candidate. [] I think you lot are looking at the second year in a row with 0 points. [] []

From: Sverige! | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Freya
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1558

posted      Profile for Freya   Email Freya   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[oooh bithchy alert]Having had more worldwide number one albums than Sweden has people, we enter our most rubbish act on purpose to show our disdain for this ludicrous yawnathon.[/end oooh bitchy alert]
From: London | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Adulithien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2193

posted      Profile for Adulithien   Email Adulithien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[] @ all of this!
From: Austin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Thorin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 816
This lady, the Cyprus entrant, was signing autographs right outside the door of my office building when I went home last night.
 -
[]

Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

posted      Profile for Lillianna   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
can't see the pic...

and that UK entry ZOMG LOL!!!!!! My favorite bit (that I watched anyway...I couldn't take but half of it) was the "some salted nuts, sir????" [] [] [] [] []

So. LAME.

From: Back to Cali, Cali | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miranthridel Bloom
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3050

All I got from that is that UK = Salted nuts and Cleavage.

Maybe it's a good thing it's on Sunday [] .

Roll of Honor Neytari Took-Baggins
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 490

posted      Profile for Neytari Took-Baggins   Author's Homepage   Email Neytari Took-Baggins   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Good Lord...I couldn't watch much...UK, I'm so sorry. I know great talent comes from your neck of the woods and to be represented by that is shameful.

Hopfully another klingon band will win...That's entertaining.

From: California ainrofilaC | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
It really is abysmal, isn't it. []

I have a very low cringe tolerance, so I expect I will be watching most of it from behind the sofa, while my friends whoop in delight at the awfulness of it all. I anticipate getting very, very drunk, if only to dull the agony. [] [] []

From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

posted      Profile for Thingol of Doriath   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Poor Athene... if you have a low cringe tolerance, then perhaps you shouldn't watch The Ukraine's canidate! []
From: Sverige! | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Freya
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1558

Regarding the perceived poor quality of our own entrant, I refer my honourable fellow citizens to my previous comment:

quote:
we enter our most rubbish act on purpose to show our disdain for this ludicrous yawnathon
All my friends are having Eurovision parties too, except me of course.

Thing is, I'm satisfied that even though I'll be wallowing in my own bitterness by myself I'LL STILL BE HAVING A MORE ENRICHING TIME THAN THEY ARE

Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

I'm going to have to watch all of it. *gulp* []

At least I'll be doing the catering, so I'll have an excuse to dash out to the kitchen and fortify myself with cooking brandy.
[]

Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

It will be interesting to see how Sweden does... it's the first time we've sent an established band. Other favorites this year... Russia and Finland.
Roll of Honor Neytari Took-Baggins
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 490

posted      Profile for Neytari Took-Baggins   Author's Homepage   Email Neytari Took-Baggins   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Ladies, come to the US. We ignore the whole thing.

Oh Lord, the Ukraine....Actually, if I was only listening to it, I might like it. It's the visuals that make it hideous.

[ 05-09-2007, 04:19 AM: Message edited by: Neytari Took-Baggins ]

From: California ainrofilaC | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

Well, of course you do. It's not the World Series Song Contest, which means it doesn't only involve people from North America. []
Roll of Honor Freya
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1558

[]
Minas Tirith Forums » The Prancing Pony Archive » The Eurovision Song Contest 2005(and now 2006)(and now 2007)!! (Page 9)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help