Minas Tirith Forums
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Prancing Pony Archive » The Eurovision Song Contest 2005(and now 2006)(and now 2007)!! (Page 8)
Author Topic: The Eurovision Song Contest 2005(and now 2006)(and now 2007)!!
Wetwang
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1508

posted      Profile for Wetwang   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah the truth hurts don't it Frau Girth? []
[]

It's looking more and more like Lordi will be lording (<---- oh don't you love the word play [] ) it over the rest []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Keep the earth under your feet, & clay on your fingers; wisdom in your bones, & have both eyes open!
That's Mr Wang™ to you!
This place would be a paradise tomorrow if every department had a supervisor with a submachine gun.

This bog is thick and easy...

From: West Sussex UK, well on the seafront in Bognor Regis actually! | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wetwang
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1508

And England gave Finland 12 points! []
Well I DID phone in 1013 times []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Keep the earth under your feet, & clay on your fingers; wisdom in your bones, & have both eyes open!
That's Mr Wang™ to you!
This place would be a paradise tomorrow if every department had a supervisor with a submachine gun.

From: West Sussex UK, well on the seafront in Bognor Regis actually! | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Belegurth
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1534

posted      Profile for Belegurth   Email Belegurth   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[] @ the French woman being the only one who used her mother tongue (with the obvious exception of the native English speakers).

*prepares war machine*

[] @ Germany distributing 12 points to Turkey. More like Turkmany. []

[ 05-20-2006, 04:44 PM: Message edited by: Belegurth ]

From: the void | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Kosomot
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1105

posted      Profile for Kosomot   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hell is freezing over! []
From: The Hells of Iron | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wetwang
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1508

The Arockalypse is coming Kos [] []

Shuddup your bellyaching Mr Gurth! []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
That's Mr Wang™ to you!

Wetwang
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1508

Finland win and Hell freezes over! [] []

[] I ain't laughed so much in a long time []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
That's Mr Wang™ to you!

Roll of Honor Thangail
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1292

posted      Profile for Thangail   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Absolute genius, Wogan on top form as usual, and a great winner! []
From: Capital City | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Sauron's Secret Agent
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

posted      Profile for Sauron's Secret Agent   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Weta must be very proud tonight! []

And yes, Go Terry! []

Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wetwang
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1508

-

Hard Rock Hallelujah!
Hard Rock Hallelujah!

The saints are crippled
On this sinners' night
Lost are the lambs with no guiding light

The walls come down like thunder
The rocks about to roll
It's The Arockalypse
Now bare your soul

All we need is lightning
With power and might
Striking down the prophets of false
As the moon is rising
Give us the sign
Now let us rise up in awe

Rock 'n roll angels bring that Hard Rock Hallelujah
Demons and angels all in one have arrived
In God's creation supernatural high

The true believers
Thou shall be saved
Brothers and sisters keep strong in the faith
On the day of Rockoning
It's who dares, wins
You will see the jokers soon'll be the new kings

All we need is lightning
With power and might
Striking down the prophets of false
As the moon is rising
Give us the sign
Now let us rise up in awe

Wings on my back
I got horns on my head
My fangs are sharp
And my eyes are red
Not quite an angel
The one that feel
Now choose to join us or go straight to Hell

Hard Rock Hallelujah!
Hard Rock Hallelujah!
Hard Rock Hallelujah!
Hard Rock Hallelujah!

Hard Rock Hallelujah!

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
That's Mr Wang™ to you!

Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

posted      Profile for Thingol of Doriath   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[] [] []

Yay Finland!! My favorites all came in the top ten...

We called and voted for Finland and the Ukraine.

A fifth place for Sweden... very respectable.

From: Sverige! | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cernunnos
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 652

posted      Profile for Cernunnos   Email Cernunnos   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Why don't Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary and Bulgaria take part? If Israel and Turkey can be in the 'Eurovision' Song Contest . . . An excess of good taste, perhaps?

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Whereas the light perceives the very heart of the darkness, its own secret has not been discovered.

From: Perth, Scotland | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

posted      Profile for Thingol of Doriath   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Uhm... I believe that Bulgaria was in the competition. Other countries choose not to enter from time to time, like Italy this year.
From: Sverige! | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Just out of curiosity: Did Norway get any points?

E:
Yes, I'm asking at MT rather than watching it myself []

[ 05-20-2006, 05:33 PM: Message edited by: Varnafindë ]

From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Belegurth
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1534

posted      Profile for Belegurth   Email Belegurth   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Why don't Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary and Bulgaria take part? If Israel and Turkey can be in the 'Eurovision' Song Contest . . . An excess of good taste, perhaps?
I think there also was a pre-competition, where some nations failed to be accepted. I think the Netherlands were also among their ranks.
From: the void | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

posted      Profile for Lillianna   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Lordi won? No way! []

quote:
Nobody in Europe likes us.
-Belegurth

I love you Germans!! [] [] [] *hugs*

Oh, but that doesn't count, right? [] Cuz I'm an American? [] []

[ 05-20-2006, 10:31 PM: Message edited by: Lillianna ]

From: Back to Cali, Cali | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Thorin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 816
posted      Profile for Thorin   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[]

You know, one of the first thing I learned about Finns is that they are extremely interested in what others think of them. The reaction to the win is similar to the famous Sally-Fields-at-the-Oscars moment of "You really do like me!"

Here's the Helsinki Sanomat's article.

And now we get to host it next year! Did you see how in between the performers they showed clips of how beautiful Greece was? I wonder what they will show of Finland next year?
 -

[ 05-21-2006, 12:46 AM: Message edited by: Thorin ]

From: Helsinki | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wetwang
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1508

I'm still smiling over last night's result []
An excellent shot in the arm for what was/is a truely kitch [sp] competition.
I'm betting next year the competition will be full of Kiss and Alice Cooper wannabes []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
That's Mr Wang™ to you!

Roll of Honor Aikanáro
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3121

posted      Profile for Aikanáro   Email Aikanáro   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[] Lordi! []

Very pleasing - and surprising - result last night. I'm also glad Lithuania did as well as they did, their entry was amusing.

I also liked Norway's entry, I thought they should have been placed higher than they were.

From: Mar Vanwa Tyaliéva | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Indil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4434

posted      Profile for Indil   Author's Homepage   Email Indil   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, Belegurth, but we so fully deserved it. We had three blond girls with djembés, smiling far too much and singing in their own, self-made nothing meaning language. []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Lady of the White Flowers

From: The Netherlands | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nash Rómerandir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2903

posted      Profile for Nash Rómerandir   Author's Homepage   Email Nash Rómerandir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
We called and voted for Finland
Did I read that well Popaul? You voted for a heavy Metal band? []

[to himself]I may have had more influence than I thought on this elf[/to himself] []

\m/

From: Cuiviénen (well, people call this place France) | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viscount Værtalion
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3122

posted      Profile for Viscount Værtalion   Author's Homepage   Email Viscount Værtalion   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Wetty
I'm sure Lordi began their song with 'WHORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!'

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Fool, prate not to me about covenants.
There can be no covenants between men and lions,
wolves and lambs can never be of one mind, but
hate each other out and out and through.

From: Serapion | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arien the Maia
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4219

posted      Profile for Arien the Maia   Author's Homepage   Email Arien the Maia   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I am so happy Lordie won []
Mainly because everyone else hated them so I got to break their nerves []

From: The daily planet | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miranthridel Bloom
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3050

posted      Profile for Miranthridel Bloom   Author's Homepage   Email Miranthridel Bloom   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
*Gasps*
My first Eurovision! It was hilarious [] ! Anyone else find Moldova chick slightly slutty [] ? And how many costume changes does one really need? I liked Norway, and got into Latvia after a while...
Lithuania were hilarious, but I was appalled by the UK! Couldn't they have found anyone better [] ? Also, the girl from Ukraine reminds me of Shakira. I liked the Greek entry too (better than last year's winner, if you ask me [] ). Lordi were fun, I'm glad they won. Spain struck me as kind of lazy, all that sitting down [] ! Las Ketchup are the people who did The Ketchup Song a few years back, right? Because I'm sure there were only 3 of them, but there were 4 in Eurovision... *confused [] *
Anyway, I'm definitely watching next year [] !

From: HMAS Fire & Ice, Miranistan | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arien the Maia
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4219

posted      Profile for Arien the Maia   Author's Homepage   Email Arien the Maia   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Now, you really shouldn't have said that

[] [] []

From: The daily planet | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miranthridel Bloom
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3050

posted      Profile for Miranthridel Bloom   Author's Homepage   Email Miranthridel Bloom   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Which bit of it?
*Backs away from the fiery Maia [] *

From: HMAS Fire & Ice, Miranistan | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Minas Tirith Forums » The Prancing Pony Archive » The Eurovision Song Contest 2005(and now 2006)(and now 2007)!! (Page 8)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help