Minas Tirith Forums
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Prancing Pony Archive » The Eurovision Song Contest 2005(and now 2006)(and now 2007)!! (Page 6)
Author Topic: The Eurovision Song Contest 2005(and now 2006)(and now 2007)!!
Earendilyon
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 322

posted      Profile for Earendilyon   Author's Homepage   Email Earendilyon   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
The Estonian-Swiss girls were decent and Malta too; Albania somewhat is a disclothed state, but made that up with her voice, as far as I could gather from the snapshot I heard at the end.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"For I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words Bother me."

John 3:16-21

From: Rivendell | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

posted      Profile for Éomer   Email Éomer   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Woohoo! The hot Greek girl won! []

...Now what? []

From: Serenity | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

posted      Profile for Thingol of Doriath   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
*enters naked... screaming*

Sweden won! [] [] []

Well, not Sweden exactly... but a Greek immigrant living in Göteborg(Sweden). Close enough!

I was rooting for Greece all night long, so I am a haapy camper! I bet money but didn't win much... bad odds. []

It's 5am and my bed ois calling... []

[ 05-21-2005, 10:05 PM: Message edited by: Thingol of Doriath ]

From: Sverige! | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Belegurth
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1534

posted      Profile for Belegurth   Email Belegurth   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't see it, but I read this morning that Germany scored two points only? [] Ok Europe, it's that time of the eternal cycle again []
From: the void | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hidalgo
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1083
posted      Profile for Hidalgo   Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations, Hellas! []
Personally I liked Bosnia's song better, but at least the Greek one wasn't bad.

Spain was 21st, and 24 of our 28 point were given by our neighbours. [] This is what happens when you put your trust in witchcraft. []
Well, at least we did better than France, Germany, and the United Kingdom [] .

From: Madrid - Spain | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Sauron's Secret Agent
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

posted      Profile for Sauron's Secret Agent   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Well done Greece! It was one of the better offerings. []

I was surprised Spain didn't do better. For rolling eyes, heaving bosoms, and expanses of leg, they were unparalleled. []

The Norwegians didn't do as well as we expected either - and the loss of Cyprus was - errr - heartbreaking. []

Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

posted      Profile for Thingol of Doriath   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
*cough*

[] I'll try and give a more sober view of last night's event(than I did last night):

Greece was the best act IMHO... good song, good show. I loved it when Sweden gave her 12 points, she looked into the camera and screamed "Heja Sverige" which means "Yay Sweden". We all had her first and Bosnia second...

Moldavia, with the drum banging Granny, was fun... good for a laugh. []

I never had Sweden as a favorite... though I was sure that he would have come in the top 14. [] It wasn't that bad.

I liked Spain, Malta and Serbia as well. Denmark had a catchy tune.

When Latvia performed their bad guitar/sign language act I laughed and laughed... until they started getting lots of points. I'll never understand that. []

Until next year...

E: Oh... and it was waaaaay too long. And I have my doubts that the host pair were really from the human race.

[ 05-22-2005, 07:14 AM: Message edited by: Thingol of Doriath ]

From: Sverige! | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arien the Maia
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4219

posted      Profile for Arien the Maia   Author's Homepage   Email Arien the Maia   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Indeed, it was a good night for the greeks, they seem happier today.

Elena was good, and it was a nice act.

But ... my attention is still with Ruslana [] talk about planting a gun in a murder scene ... what was that stupid fire gun they handed her in the middle of the act? []

I voted for the Norwegians, they reminded me of so many many things []

From: The daily planet | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

quote:
I voted for the Norwegians, they reminded me of so many many things
They also reminded me of many things... none of them pleasant. []

Greece has had a couple of great years... The Olympics, European Football Champions and now the winner of the Eurovision.

Viva la Grèce!! []

Arien the Maia
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4219

posted      Profile for Arien the Maia   Author's Homepage   Email Arien the Maia   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I know [] but I found them being very pleasant in reminding the unpleasant []

Yes, it was a couple of good years, we're trying to show our face to the rest of the world [] Wait to see what they'll set up for next year's competition, they 're considering using the Olympic Stadium -the one where the Opening Ceremony for the Olympics took place-.

From: The daily planet | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

quote:
they 're considering using the Olympic Stadium -the one where the Opening Ceremony for the Olympics took place-.
See... I knew Greece would find good use for that stadium. []

E: I might be coming for the final next year. [] I was talking with somne friends last night about doing that. We have a friend who lives in Athens. []

[ 05-22-2005, 10:33 AM: Message edited by: Thingol of Doriath ]

Roll of Honor Thorin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 816
posted      Profile for Thorin   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I sure am proud to be a resident of Finland.

-

From: Helsinki | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Neytari Took-Baggins
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 490

posted      Profile for Neytari Took-Baggins   Author's Homepage   Email Neytari Took-Baggins   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
You also brought us these guys:
 -

[ 05-19-2006, 02:30 AM: Message edited by: Neytari Took-Baggins ]

From: California ainrofilaC | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elora Starsong
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2099

posted      Profile for Elora Starsong   Email Elora Starsong   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I like the first picture better....

Blondes.... ick! [] []

From: Dancing 'twixt the stars | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arien the Maia
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4219

Actualy, Thorin in lack of anything more interesting, I have concluded that I am rooting for Lordi [] They looked so cute standing in theat stage in the end among other retarted bimbos []

Ok, the major gossip of this Eurovision has been abour Iceland's participant who at some point made the big mistake to swear in front of a live audience, saying "Fu**ng Greeks" . Big mistake []
The moment she got out on stage yesterday, she was yelled at and laughed at.
And by the way her song was ... terrible!

Thingy edit the title to Eurovision 2006 please []

[ 05-19-2006, 03:25 AM: Message edited by: Arien the Maia ]

Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

I voted for Lordi last night... I thought that they were fun. [] I thought Sweden did a good job... she has the best voice by far in the competition.

Arien- I was wondering why everyone booed when Iceland took the stage. []

*goes to change the title of thread*

Arien the Maia
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4219

Yeah, mrs Knight created lots of troubles. The most interesting one was at her press conference where she ordered a journalist to leave the room because she didn't like the way she was looking at her. When in fact the journalist denied to leave a bodyguard of miss Knight grabed her, raised her on his shoulder and took her out by force while she was screeming "you're hurting me".
[]

Even if this was a promo trick, it backfired.

Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

My friends and I were quite shocked when she was booed as she came onstage... now we know why. []

We were also shocked that Latvia was booed when it was announced that they had gone on to the final... though their song was cr@p: "We are the winners of Eurovision". []

Looking forward to Saturday. [] By the way... what did you think of Sweden/Carola?

Roll of Honor Thorin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 816
posted      Profile for Thorin   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
By the way, I was being silly about Lordi. I actually like them. My brother-in-law introduced me to them.

I'm also impressed with the amount of skin some of the contestants showed. [] Nice!

From: Helsinki | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arien the Maia
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4219

I don't know what's the deal with Latvia either, maybe their self confidence got to the audience's nerves, who knows?

What did I think of Carola? [] "Gone with the wind" was my original thought []
Besides that, I liked the song, very eurovision, she was impressive, and she has a wonderful voice [] I was surely glad to see her make it to the finals cause it would have been unjust to disclose her.

On the other hand, I would be most happy without the Turkish Super Star and with Cyprus qualified cause Greece lost one of it's greatest supporters. (Cyprus always gives us a 12 and help us participate in the next eurovision)

E:
quote:
I'm also impressed with the amount of skin some of the contestants showed.
You mean boobies, don't you Thorin? [] []

[ 05-19-2006, 04:27 AM: Message edited by: Arien the Maia ]

Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

quote:
Cyprus qualified cause Greece lost one of it's greatest supporters.
Cyprus will still vote in the finals...

quote:
You mean boobies, don't you Thorin?
I think he means legs... ther were lots of minimal shorts and skirts. []

I thought that Estonia and Belgium were good... too bad they didn't make it to the finals.

Arien the Maia
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4219

By the way, did you notice the ancient greek influences on most of the participant's clothing? [] It was impressive and allegedly in the details but appearence after appearence after appearence, the details started being more obvious that the rest of the presentation.

I heard that it's the first time that the presentation of the participants is influenced by the place where the contest takes place []
Does that make us important? huh? huh?

Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Ooo, ooo, did any of them have an OBOL??
[]
I'm entering the competition if Greece wins it for the second year coming.
My song is called "Do As I Say, Not as I Do" and is a cheap knock-off of Puccini.
[]

From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arien the Maia
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4219

quote:
I'm entering the competition if Greece wins it for the second year coming.

Ok people, hurry up and vote for Greece NOW! We have to be able to host -in Greece no less [] - a skin-showing Athene []

I will personaly fill the theater with gorgeous kricket players and handsome greek sailors to be her personal applause crowd!

Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[]
I never said I was going to be naked!
[]
[]
Oh, what the hell.
[] [] []

From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Minas Tirith Forums » The Prancing Pony Archive » The Eurovision Song Contest 2005(and now 2006)(and now 2007)!! (Page 6)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help