Minas Tirith Forums
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Prancing Pony Archive » The Eurovision Song Contest 2005(and now 2006)(and now 2007)!! (Page 4)
Author Topic: The Eurovision Song Contest 2005(and now 2006)(and now 2007)!!
Arien the Maia
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4219

posted      Profile for Arien the Maia   Author's Homepage   Email Arien the Maia   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Durthy ... I'll have to kill you in the end []
I know what he looks like because the man has posters of his and his show in the roads of Athens, satisfied now?
This is getting really boring []

Should I cross the bridge and start asking you how come you became a scientist since you seem to keep spend your time glued to a screen? Maybe you're not a scientist at all and you're just saying so to appear superior... of course that's it! You only have said a couple of things about your science but you seem to be in position to have 28 years of experience on tv.
[]
Liked that? That's how it looks like .. utterly stupid and totaly boring.

From: The daily planet | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Durthdil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3873
posted      Profile for Durthdil   Email Durthdil   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[]

Very good, but I am afraid I am still in the way to be a scientist...

Mind you sometimes TV helps! []

From: Europe | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Silmahtar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4806

posted      Profile for Silmahtar   Author's Homepage   Email Silmahtar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
"The revolution will not be televised..."
From: Vinya-Tárilos | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Really?, and of course you also know their names and how they look like whithout having ever watched them
YES. There are pictures of them ALL OVER the papers here. You can't get away from it. When I was working as a foreman my team discussed endlessly what bloody Kat did on bloody Eastenders, and where stupid Girls Aloud (who are these people?) got their boobs out this week, and it drove me crazy.
[] [] []

From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hidalgo
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1083
posted      Profile for Hidalgo   Edit/Delete Post 
REVOLUTION, the ultimate reality show.
Who shall be guillotined?
What faction will take power?
You can choose!
Call to the 1-800-IMREBEL and decide what happens!

From: Madrid - Spain | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kjartan Fløgelfrikk
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3302
posted      Profile for Kjartan Fløgelfrikk   Author's Homepage   Email Kjartan Fløgelfrikk   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I see we have a Gil Scott-Heron fan on the board.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
I'll drink to that.

From: Sector ZZ plural Z alpha | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hidalgo
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1083
posted      Profile for Hidalgo   Edit/Delete Post 
Who's Gil Scott-Heron? []
From: Madrid - Spain | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kjartan Fløgelfrikk
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3302
posted      Profile for Kjartan Fløgelfrikk   Author's Homepage   Email Kjartan Fløgelfrikk   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
The man who wrote the poem/song 'The Revolution Will Not Be Televised' back in 1970.
From: Sector ZZ plural Z alpha | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Silmahtar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4806

posted      Profile for Silmahtar   Author's Homepage   Email Silmahtar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hidalgo, those words aren't from the original poem. Where did you get them? []

Thingol:
quote:
Welcome to the dark side Silm. []
Noooooooo!!! []

Quick! Someone call Yoda, or gimme a shot of midichlorians or something! [] []

[ 05-19-2005, 04:02 PM: Message edited by: Silmahtar ]

From: Vinya-Tárilos | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

posted      Profile for Thingol of Doriath   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Well, the semi-finals were tonight. Finland and Iceland didn't make it. []

The starting order for the finals:

1. Hungary
2. UK
3. Malta
4. Romania
5. Norway
6. Turkey
7. Moldova
8. Albania
9. Cyprus
10. Spain
11. Israel
12. Serbia & Montenegro
13. Denmark
14. Sweden
15. FYR Macedonia
16. Ukraine
17. Germany
18. Croatia
19. Greece
20. Russia
21. Bosnia & Herzegovina
22. Switzerland
23. Latvia
24. France

[]

[ 05-19-2005, 06:22 PM: Message edited by: Thingol of Doriath ]

From: Sverige! | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

posted      Profile for Éomer   Email Éomer   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Go hot girl representing Greece!
From: Serenity | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wetwang
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1508

posted      Profile for Wetwang   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I want Norway to win! []
I saw a clip of them on TV this morning and I nearly choked on my breakfast I laughed so much []
A cheesy glam rock band, what more could you ask for? [] []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Keep the earth under your feet, & clay on your fingers; wisdom in your bones, & have both eyes open!
That's Mr Wang™ to you!
This place would be a paradise tomorrow if every department had a supervisor with a submachine gun.

This bog is thick and easy...

From: West Sussex UK, well on the seafront in Bognor Regis actually! | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you Sir! []
Since I don't watch TV (see separate thread [] ), I hadn't heard about them before, and I still haven't heard them sing.

But it's always nice to see Norway win something []

If I follow the competition at all, it will probably be in this thread []

From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wetwang
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1508

You're welcome Varna [] But don't get me wrong, they are truely awful! []
A group of middle aged guys dressed in spandex and the lead singer has black lipstick []
[]

*Waves the flag for Norway* []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Keep the earth under your feet, & clay on your fingers; wisdom in your bones, & have both eyes open!
That's Mr Wang™ to you!
This place would be a paradise tomorrow if every department had a supervisor with a submachine gun.

From: West Sussex UK, well on the seafront in Bognor Regis actually! | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I just read a comment in a Norwegian newspaper this morning, that their song is terrible, but that they've got lots of humour.

I think I would guess the same just from seeing their picture []

From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wetwang
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1508

and that is why they deserve to do well [] []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
That's Mr Wang™ to you!

Roll of Honor Thangail
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1292

posted      Profile for Thangail   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
You had all better vote for Javine you know, although she isn't wearing the dress she fell out of []
From: Capital City | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earendilyon
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 322

posted      Profile for Earendilyon   Author's Homepage   Email Earendilyon   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Goodbey Glennis []

-

It seems the "Eurovision" is this year a "Eastern Eurovision" Song Contest. Sixteen countries are from Eastern Europe!

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"For I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words Bother me."

John 3:16-21

From: Rivendell | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arien the Maia
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4219

posted      Profile for Arien the Maia   Author's Homepage   Email Arien the Maia   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Go hot girl from Greece
[] [] She did impress you didn't she?
From: The daily planet | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

posted      Profile for Thingol of Doriath   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Of course she did! She's Greek-Swedish! []

The best of both worlds... []

From: Sverige! | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wetwang
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1508

quote:
The best of both worlds...
You mean she's tall, dark, hairy and has eyebrows that meet in the middle? []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
That's Mr Wang™ to you!

Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
*makes herself some smorgasmades*
From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

What on earth is a smorgasmade?
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

It's a smorgasbord of rice, lamb and vine leaves.
Greek/Swedish people eat them.
[]

Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

The word looks like a mix of Swedish and Danish ...

[ 05-20-2005, 04:44 AM: Message edited by: Varnafindë ]

Minas Tirith Forums » The Prancing Pony Archive » The Eurovision Song Contest 2005(and now 2006)(and now 2007)!! (Page 4)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help