Minas Tirith Forums
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  8  9  10 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Prancing Pony Archive » The Eurovision Song Contest 2005(and now 2006)(and now 2007)!! (Page 3)
Author Topic: The Eurovision Song Contest 2005(and now 2006)(and now 2007)!!
Kjartan Fløgelfrikk
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3302
posted      Profile for Kjartan Fløgelfrikk   Author's Homepage   Email Kjartan Fløgelfrikk   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
The norwegian band is.... well, I don't like them.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
I'll drink to that.

From: Sector ZZ plural Z alpha | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Silmahtar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4806

posted      Profile for Silmahtar   Author's Homepage   Email Silmahtar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Oh my God, they're a male version of the Spice Girls. But Norwegian. Friggin Norwegian Spice uh, dudes... []

quote:
The four band members – Teeny (guitar), Glam (vocals), Sporty (drums) and Flash (bass)
 -

Yeah, one look at those guys and it's pretty obvious why one of them is called "Teeny". [] [] []

From: Vinya-Tárilos | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kjartan Fløgelfrikk
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3302
posted      Profile for Kjartan Fløgelfrikk   Author's Homepage   Email Kjartan Fløgelfrikk   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
At least the Spice Girls were young...
From: Sector ZZ plural Z alpha | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Silmahtar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4806

posted      Profile for Silmahtar   Author's Homepage   Email Silmahtar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I got it! They're Spïce Täp

Wow, I've been scouring that damnable Eurovision website -- pop tarts, bad lyrics and trash, trash trahs! So morbidly fascinating. I I ... can't... resist... [] []

From: Vinya-Tárilos | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Thangail
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1292

posted      Profile for Thangail   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Of course, it's just an excuse for everybody to laugh at each other.. at least we've stopped killing each other.
From: Capital City | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

posted      Profile for Thingol of Doriath   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Wow, I've been scouring that damnable Eurovision website -- pop tarts, bad lyrics and trash, trash trahs! So morbidly fascinating. I I ... can't... resist...
Welcome to the dark side Silm. []
From: Sverige! | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hidalgo
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1083
posted      Profile for Hidalgo   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Of course, it's just an excuse for everybody to laugh at each other.. at least we've stopped killing each other.
I'm not that sure that this is better than a war, you know...
From: Madrid - Spain | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

posted      Profile for Thingol of Doriath   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Yes... especially since there will be lots of breasts exposed this year. []

Israel:
 -

Holland:
 -

Romania:
 -

*thinks we should start killing each other instead*

From: Sverige! | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I know that breasts aren't really your Thing, Thing, but I'm not sure warfare is better than breasts.
Better than the singing, on the other hand, I am thoroughly in agreement.
*covers her breasts*
[]

From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hidalgo
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1083
Well, that's something I won't complain about. Yet, the psychological trauma of hearing all the songs and watching all the dances can be devastating. []

E: obviously crossposted. []

[ 05-19-2005, 04:48 AM: Message edited by: Hidalgo ]

From: Madrid - Spain | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

Well... I just think that there should be equal oppurtunity breast exposure.

Men, and their breasts, have been oppressed for too long! Equal rights!

Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I don't - last weekend it was hot and sunyn, and there were men walking around topless.
[]
MAKE IT STOP!!!!

From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Thangail
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1292

And anyway, since when was Isreal in europe?
From: Capital City | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hidalgo
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1083
Since geography knowledge wasn't a requirement to be Prime Minister of an European country.

Btw: Is there a reason to call it "Isreal" all the time?

Roll of Honor Thangail
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1292

Do you know, i've just checked back and noticed that.. oops.. []
Roll of Honor Gna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3830

posted      Profile for Gna   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I don't - last weekend it was hot and sunyn, and there were men walking around topless.

I'll second that observation, and raise you a shirt-open obese pasty white guy picking up his laundry at the cleaners. []

Those Norwegian dudes... my eyesss, they burnssesss, aaaarrrgggh...

*has a bad early 1980s flashback*

From: Andustar | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

The worst thing is that most of the betting sites have Norway as #2. [] [] []

Though they have Greece, with their Swedish/Greek singer as #1. []

Wetwang
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1508

posted      Profile for Wetwang   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'll let you relive the trauma Windy Horse []

-

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Keep the earth under your feet, & clay on your fingers; wisdom in your bones, & have both eyes open!
That's Mr Wang™ to you!
This place would be a paradise tomorrow if every department had a supervisor with a submachine gun.

This bog is thick and easy...

From: West Sussex UK, well on the seafront in Bognor Regis actually! | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Thangail
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1292

Is that the Spanish entry? []

Austria's song, which will open the semi-final on Thursday, will either delight or prompt groans with its unusual mix of Alpine brass, yodelling - and salsa.

Arien the Maia
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4219

posted      Profile for Arien the Maia   Author's Homepage   Email Arien the Maia   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
For some odd reason Google has beeb very rude to me []
I was looking for a pic of a man named Markos Seferlis, a greek tv comedian ( comedian huh [] ) who looks like the identical twin of one of the Norway musicians. And when I say identical, I mean identical .. at first the video clip of the Norwegeans was considered some kind of a joke of his by the greek audience.

Too bad that I couldn't find a photo of his. Nor of the drummer alone.

From: The daily planet | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Durthdil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3873
posted      Profile for Durthdil   Email Durthdil   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Arien, if you do not watch TV, how do you know how that Markos Sorfelis looks like? []
From: Europe | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Sauron's Secret Agent
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

posted      Profile for Sauron's Secret Agent   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Perhaps she reads newspapers? That's how I know about things that appear on TV.

I am actually considering watching a programme today - if I remember. []

Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Durthdil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3873
posted      Profile for Durthdil   Email Durthdil   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Of course! [] or maybe the alien sent her the photo of this man by fax []

I mean come on!, what is the most logical thing to think? []

From: Europe | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

Hey come on, I know the plots of most of the British soaps ( [] ) but I never watch them. In our trashy culture it's impossible to get away from it, because they make headline news. I mean, how sad is that? []
Durthdil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3873
Really?, and of course you also know their names and how they look like whithout having ever watched them
Minas Tirith Forums » The Prancing Pony Archive » The Eurovision Song Contest 2005(and now 2006)(and now 2007)!! (Page 3)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  8  9  10 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help