Minas Tirith Forums
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Prancing Pony Archive » The Eurovision Song Contest 2005(and now 2006)(and now 2007)!! (Page 10)
Author Topic: The Eurovision Song Contest 2005(and now 2006)(and now 2007)!!
Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

posted      Profile for Thingol of Doriath   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Now, now... we may have been focusing a lot on the bad entries. They are, after all, in the vast majority. But there are also a few good ones. Some past winners:

Sertab from Turkey 2003

Ruslana from the Ukraine 2004

Elena from Greece 2005

[ 05-09-2007, 04:45 AM: Message edited by: Thingol of Doriath ]

From: Sverige! | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

posted      Profile for Lillianna   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I saw the Bulgaria entry...Elitsa or something and I dug the song...the video was...interesting, to say the least.

It started out cool, with her wearing those cool black wings and then she pulled a David Hasselhoff and started flying through the air with some superimposed "moving" background behind her. I decided though, that it was cooler than Hasselhoff because she's younger, prettier, and singing in a different language....that is her own. Also, she played the frickin DRUMS with the guy. So that was hot. []

From: Back to Cali, Cali | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I've heard that this years entry's have more oddballs than your average Big Brother contest. And it has posponed a very-promising looking Dr Who program. Also surely Sweden won't win as it is rare for the host country to win.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Actually, I am now feeling a lot better about things, in general.

From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

posted      Profile for Thingol of Doriath   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Also surely Sweden won't win as it is rare for the host country to win.

But... it's not in Sweden, it's in Finland. []
From: Sverige! | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Close enough. In that case they might have a chance as everyone knows the Scandavian countries all vote for each other []
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

Don't worry about it. Finland belonged to Sweden for about 700 years, so basically it is Sweden. []

We do have a chance... not because of your reasons but because we don't suck like England does. []

Wetwang
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1508

posted      Profile for Wetwang   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
but because we don't suck like England does.
So that's why you've got the hots for Prince Wills is it?! []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Keep the earth under your feet, & clay on your fingers; wisdom in your bones, & have both eyes open!
That's Mr Wang™ to you!
This place would be a paradise tomorrow if every department had a supervisor with a submachine gun.

This bog is thick and easy...

From: West Sussex UK, well on the seafront in Bognor Regis actually! | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Adulithien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2193

posted      Profile for Adulithien   Email Adulithien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Ooooh! Burn! []
From: Austin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

[] @ Stinky

Tonight's the semi-finals... we'll probably watch just to cheer on the Scandinavian candidates to the finals.

Roll of Honor Thorin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 816
posted      Profile for Thorin   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Finland belonged to Sweden for about 700 years, so basically it is Sweden.
I can vouch for that.

I can't watch tonight, because America is playing Finland tonight in the hockey World Championship. Hopefully it won't end in a divorce.

In other Eurovision news, some opera guy is singing in the park outside my window. I'm trying to figure out who it is. Isn't there some opera singers in the contest?

From: Helsinki | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

quote:
Isn't there some opera singers in the contest?
Unfortunately... Il Divo wanna-bes from Latvia. []

Poor Thorin... I'll be watching the game as well, switching back and forth. Don't know who I'll be rooting for... maybe Finland, since it is always nice to meet Finland in the finals. []

Roll of Honor Freya
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1558

posted      Profile for Freya   Email Freya   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Oooh the Eurovision semi-finals? Is there a paint-drying competition on somewhere to watch and really complete the evening?
From: London | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

Bitter, bitter, bitter...

Though I do agree. We'll have it on in the background more than likely.

Roll of Honor Freya
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1558

posted      Profile for Freya   Email Freya   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you. You're taking all my snarking in such good humour. I shall shall be "cheering" on Sweden come the final. Not watching it of course, but I'll spare them a thought []
From: London | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

Aw... I was just joking. You're only semi-bitter. []

Thanks for the cheering. []

Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

posted      Profile for Artaresto   Email Artaresto   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
In that case they might have a chance as everyone knows the Scandavian countries all vote for each other
No comparision to Greece and Cyprus... are both those in this year?
From: Forochel | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

Greece is... not Cyprus. Out in the semi-finals along with Norway and Denmark. []

But two of my favorites advanced... Serbia and Hungary.

Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

posted      Profile for Artaresto   Email Artaresto   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I enjoyed Iceland... they didn't make it?
From: Forochel | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

You did? [] Mediocre hard rock balladish song in my opinion. Finland has a superior song in that genre... []

No, they didn't make it either. In fact, no western country made it. Except Turkey(western as in non-ex-communist). The conspiracy hounds will be at it tomorrow. []

Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

I'd replace anybody with Latvia [] .

Perhaps I'll cheer for Finland? Or even Sweden? [] . What's the Swedish song like?

Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

Well well, Sweden []
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
 -
From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Minas Tirith Forums » The Prancing Pony Archive » The Eurovision Song Contest 2005(and now 2006)(and now 2007)!! (Page 10)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help