Minas Tirith Forums
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  ...  8  9  10 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Prancing Pony Archive » The Eurovision Song Contest 2005(and now 2006)(and now 2007)!! (Page 1)
Author Topic: The Eurovision Song Contest 2005(and now 2006)(and now 2007)!!
Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

posted      Profile for Thingol of Doriath   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
That's right... it's that time of the year again. []

Get yourself settled on the couch with snacks and drinks... and get ready to see acts from all over Europe sing, dance and dress badly. []

The Official Website!

[ 05-08-2007, 02:16 PM: Message edited by: Thingol of Doriath ]

From: Sverige! | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

posted      Profile for Éomer   Email Éomer   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 

From: Serenity | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morgil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5094
posted      Profile for Morgil   Email Morgil   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
No thank you, I happen to prefer music!!!
From: The Grey Havens / Wessex | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Thangail
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1292

posted      Profile for Thangail   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[]

You beat me to a thread by about 30 seconds.. []

Anyway, if our entry, javine, where's the dress she wore for her qualifying, we will win easily.. []

Edit: My god, look at the Israeli entry.. []

[ 05-18-2005, 04:59 AM: Message edited by: Thangail ]

From: Capital City | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Durthdil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3873
posted      Profile for Durthdil   Email Durthdil   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Spanish band of this year is so childish...
From: Europe | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

posted      Profile for Thingol of Doriath   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I can say that Sweden has an ok participant this year. He's a good singer... though the song is a bit iffy. []

A little trivia: He will be starring as Aragorn in the upcoming LotR's musical. []

-

My predictions: Iceland, Bosnia or Greece will win.

The Greek singer is Swedish. [] []

E:
quote:
Spanish band of this year is so childish...
Sounds a lot like Las Ketchup. []

[ 05-18-2005, 04:58 AM: Message edited by: Thingol of Doriath ]

From: Sverige! | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm.... not entirely sure I care whether he can sing....
[]

From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Thangail
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1292

I vote for Isreal this year!

-

From: Capital City | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Ooh, an eleven-year-old with silicone implants. Lovely.
[]

From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Yo, Thubeldhia
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5070

posted      Profile for Yo, Thubeldhia   Email Yo, Thubeldhia   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Las Ketchup were serious compared to these lot. And thank God they didn't chose the three marujas (Las Supremas, see the Spanish election at the website)... OMIGOD we would have either won by popular acclamation or been banned of the contest for the next 100 years. Which wouldn't be that bad []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
MT Beauty of the Year 2006
Mother of Lentil
In Deo Spes Mea
Valer o Morir

From: Far far away | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Thangail
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1292

hell yes, I voted for estonia last year cos she was damn fine.
ignore the songs, look at the eye candy! []

Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

Absolutely, the songs are dreadful so you should vote with your... *ahem*... heart?
[]
I'm sure she's not really as young as she looks in that photo, I was just a bit [] .

Roll of Honor Thangail
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1292

Mind you, Bosnia are making a good show of it.. they have three blondes to sing []
Elora Starsong
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2099

posted      Profile for Elora Starsong   Email Elora Starsong   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, it's more fun and better for your health to totally block the songs and just take in all the "visual stimulation".

Joy of joys, they've released the official history and guide to the Eurovision Song Contest in book form. So if once a year is not enough (and clearly it is not), you can revel in the glorious past of this wonderful institution of compellingly bad music! []

I can't help myself. I just have to watch it. []

From: Dancing 'twixt the stars | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

The lyrics to this years UK song:

quote:
"Touch my Fire"

Do you really wanna feel my flow oh oh oh
You know its the only way to go so get with the show
Are you the kinda guy whos got that flare yeah

Get your groove on
Get a move on
Whoa yeah

Touch my fire can you feel the heat,
My crazy rhythm's gonna knock you off your feet,
Come on and touch my fire why don't you break away,
Burn all your troubles say goodbye to yesterday

Are you easy come and easy go woooh
Come on let the music grab ya from your head to your toes
No need to rush take it nice and slow feel that beat

Get your groove on
Get a move on whoo yeah

Come with me I'll take you there
Touch my fire

Touch my fire can you feel the heat
Come on and touch my fire why don't you break away

REPEAT

ADLIBS
Touch my fire
Touch my fire
C'mon and touch
C'mon and touch my fire...

Touch my fire touch my fire can you feel the heat
Come on and touch my fire why don't you break away

REPEAT

[]
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

[]
Is that what they're calling it nowadays?
[]

Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

The lyrics remind me of a Samantha Fox song...

*misses Sa-sa-sa-Samantha Fox* []

Earendilyon
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 322

posted      Profile for Earendilyon   Author's Homepage   Email Earendilyon   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Norway? I'd say NO WAY!!!

-

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"For I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words Bother me."

John 3:16-21

From: Rivendell | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

Poor Norway! []

The Netherlands has a Whitney Houston sound-alike this year, no?

Earendilyon
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 322

posted      Profile for Earendilyon   Author's Homepage   Email Earendilyon   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Kinda. She reminded me of someone else, though I can't recall whom at the moment.

What about Switzerland, Thang?

-

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"For I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words Bother me."

John 3:16-21

From: Rivendell | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Thangail
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1292

You see, they are getting the right credentials sorted out here. The trick to winning is getting all the men to perve over the women enough to actually ring in.
Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

Hmmm... I'm sure they will get the heterosexual men's vote, if any of them watch or vote. []

I remember thinking that Hungary was decent...

Roll of Honor Thangail
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1292

Look at the evidence:
2004 winners:
 -
2003 winners:
 -
2002 winners:
 -

Incidentally, it was the 2002 estonian I voted for.. ok, she was from Sweden! []
 -

Roll of Honor Yo, Thubeldhia
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5070

posted      Profile for Yo, Thubeldhia   Email Yo, Thubeldhia   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
And you all do not watch trash tv, do you??
From: Far far away | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

I haven't watched the Eurovision since I was a teenager, I just love how that time comes around, and Singy is there to celebrate it every year!
[]

Minas Tirith Forums » The Prancing Pony Archive » The Eurovision Song Contest 2005(and now 2006)(and now 2007)!! (Page 1)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  ...  8  9  10 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help