Minas Tirith Forums
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Prancing Pony Archive » postmodernism (Page 10)
Author Topic: postmodernism
Roll of Honor Adulithien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2193

posted      Profile for Adulithien   Email Adulithien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I wouldn't say I'm jettisoning my liberal tendencies, but I'm having a very long moment of serious re-evaluation, most of which centers around this: If I've always believed the puppet on the left is no different than the one on the right, how do I reconcile this with involvement in the political process, and is such involvement inherently futile? It's a much longer story than that, but it would be difficult for me to explain. Especially since my background in postmodernism is minimal, fragmented and entirely self-taught... wading through this stuff with no directive gets weird.

quote:
Oh and p-lease stop mentioning Lakoff as a postmodernist (if that was your point).
Not exactly, just a reference point for what I've been up to intellectually since I was here last. And I know he wasn't a postmodernist (neither was Lacan, but there are some elements of postmodern theories that reference him)... but don't some people consider him a structuralist?

Thanks for the book recommendation! I'm also trying to track down Derrida's book on Marx. And just finished reading that Baudrillard book you posted for me back in 2005 in my birthday thread... I saw that thread the other day and it kind of surprised me; I hadn't remembered that specific gift, yet I had finished the book that very day! I suppose that last bit is PM material, but your box is full. []

[ 04-10-2007, 01:13 PM: Message edited by: Adulithien ]

From: Austin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Minas Tirith Forums » The Prancing Pony Archive » postmodernism (Page 10)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help