Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5 
Minas Tirith Forums » Library Council of Minas Tirith » What was the black rock used in building by the Men of Numenor? (Page 5)
Author Topic: What was the black rock used in building by the Men of Numenor?
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Of course. But knowing this is the Library council of Minas Tirith, I guessed I missed the winky winkys and the jest. Being that Middle Earth is a fantasy world written out of the mind of the fine professor J.R.R Tolkien, I guess these heavy and deep questions will never be answered, and are really not important in the whole scheme of things. So really there is no point in even trying to carry on any sort of discussion on the 'curiosities' or the 'hows' or 'what if's' or such. What was written is the extent of it really. Anyway, its cool to get people's viewpoints on these topics by bringing them up out of the depths now and again. []
From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Flammifer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11407
posted      Profile for The Flammifer   Email The Flammifer   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Snowdog: 'So really there is no point in even trying to carry on any sort of discussion on the 'curiosities' or the 'hows' or 'what if's' or such. What was written is the extent of it really. Anyway, its cool to get people's viewpoints on these topics by bringing them up out of the depths now and again.'

But we must, and do, “carry on” discussions on the curiosities of the legendarium.
It seems about 75% of these posts are supposition.

Ah, the Stone of Erech! How it was moved is moot. Many ways possible.
WHY! It was moved is for pure speculation.
Perhaps the Valar gave it some spiritual power – seeing such a need in the future.

I’ve often wondered about the Orthanc Stone. It is mentioned as being about one-foot in diameter.
Now, if it was of crystal, marble, or some type of glass, it would weigh in at over 50 pounds.

Quite a load for Gandalf with Pippin in front of him and a 50 pound ball rolling around in “the folds of his cloak”, as he galloped off from Dol Baran on Shadowfax.

I’ve always “assumed” (here we go “assuming” again) that some palantiri were either hollow or made of an unknown material. But we do know that some of the larger ones took two persons to move.

From: East Bight | Registered: Jun 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » Library Council of Minas Tirith » What was the black rock used in building by the Men of Numenor? (Page 5)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help