Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 
Minas Tirith Forums » Library Council of Minas Tirith » Why didn't Eagles just fly the Ring to Mt. Doom? (Page 8)
Author Topic: Why didn't Eagles just fly the Ring to Mt. Doom?
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Arorë Silvertongue said: I still think (although I don't think I've posted it before) that any and all reasons why the Eagles didn't fly the Ring to Mt. Doom are excuses to make the story really long and interesting instead of really short and dull.
Yeah, it would have pretty much aborted the story.

"Once upon a time there was this evil one ring, an all -powerful ring that longed to return to its master. It needed to be destroyed in the fire from which it was wraught. So an eagle took it and flew over the fires f Mt Doom and dropped it in the molten lava. The End."

From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I think Sauron as the most powerful being in Middle-Earth at the time would have noticed a bunch of flying eagles with his Ring approaching Mount Doom. He would have found a way to have taken them out. If not with the Nazgul with archers from Mordor, his Eye, or I wouldn't put it past him to be able to control the weather in his country and generate a storm to ground the eagles or something! And then it's curtains for Middle-Earth.
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » Library Council of Minas Tirith » Why didn't Eagles just fly the Ring to Mt. Doom? (Page 8)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help