profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library

Minas Tirith Forums » The Ivy Bush » Re-reading 100 times
Author Topic: Re-reading 100 times
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

posted      Profile for White Gold Wielder   Author's Homepage   Email White Gold Wielder   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
www.theguardian.com/books/2015/feb/09/centireading-force-reading-book-100-times-great-idea
From: Chicago | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
"You can be acquaintances with many books, and friends with a few, but family with only one or two."

Yeah, I get that. If you count book series, I have only re-read two several times. Lord of the Rings and The Black Company series.

From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gollum Gollum
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11392

posted      Profile for Gollum Gollum   Email Gollum Gollum   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Lord of the Rings and The Black Company series
[] Snöwdog, you've turned out disappointing. PLEASE, don't be an I-love-PJ-because-he-is-the-one-who-invented-Middle-Earth. LOTR was meant to be one book, although it couldn't be printed in one volume in the fifties. In series, every book, though related in some way to others, has a more or less separate plot. In other words: if you read just the first Narnia book, it has ended and you don't have to read Prince Caspian. But if you read just FOTR, you haven't finished the book, there are still TTT and ROTK to read in order to find out how it ends. I've got some old version of Gone with the Wind in two volumes, which doesn't turn it into a series. Would you apply that word to TH too?
From: Cave in the Misty Mountains | Registered: May 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[] WTF are you on about G2? []
From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aiwrendel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 965

posted      Profile for Aiwrendel   Author's Homepage   Email Aiwrendel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[]

Anyway...

I don't know how many times I've read LotR. I never counted but it could easily be 50 or more. I also suppose it could be near 100 but I have no way of telling. Suffice to say I've read it a lot. []

From: Chicago USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor The DarkQueen Iauraearien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

posted      Profile for The DarkQueen Iauraearien   Author's Homepage   Email The DarkQueen Iauraearien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I've read it a lot too but there are sections I skip now because I just don't like them. [] Sorry. []
From: Mordor | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Ivy Bush » Re-reading 100 times
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help