Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Ivy Bush » Tolkien Fanfiction - recommendations (Page 2)
Author Topic: Tolkien Fanfiction - recommendations
Cernunnos
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 652

posted      Profile for Cernunnos   Email Cernunnos   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
* Bump *

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Whereas the light perceives the very heart of the darkness, its own secret has not been discovered.

From: Perth, Scotland | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ulairë Gordis
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5350

posted      Profile for Ulairë Gordis   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Well, prompted by Cernunnos' "bump" [] , I will recommend you this story about Aragorn and Rangers:
http://www.storiesofarda.com/chapterlistview.asp?SID=6083

From: Minas Morgul | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Laurenendôrian
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 106

posted      Profile for The Laurenendôrian   Email The Laurenendôrian   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
The Minstrel, a relatively short poem about Daeron in the style and metre of the Lay of Leithian. It's really very good.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1400282/1/

From: Taruithorn | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Ulairë Gordis posted:
Well, prompted by Cernunnos' "bump" , I will recommend you this story about Aragorn and Rangers.

That was one I hadn't read before! Thanks for the link!

[ 03-08-2009, 06:04 AM: Message edited by: Snöwdog ]

From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ulairë Gordis
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5350

posted      Profile for Ulairë Gordis   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I am glad you liked it. I've found it well-written.

Do you have anything to recommend?

From: Minas Morgul | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
The only thing I thought was off with that was the insecurity of Aragorn, but figured it was movie-influenced.

I'll have to give a look-see and get back here with links.

[ 03-09-2009, 01:14 AM: Message edited by: Snöwdog ]

From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Braeden, this is something for you, if you ever notice this thread:
I just found a story about Dior's sons - Foundlings. []

From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

Thought I'd double post... [] [] [] []

[ 09-13-2010, 10:50 PM: Message edited by: Snöwdog ]

Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

Thought I'd put a list of sites where Tolkien Fan-Fiction can be found... the Good, the Bad, & the Ugly.

Barrow Downs Fan Fiction
Fan-Fiction Net - Lord of the Rings
Henneth-Annun
Lord of the Rings Fan Fiction
Open Scrolls
Silmarillion Writers Guild
Stories of Arda

I'm sure there's others. If ya got um, post-um! []

Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Here is a crossover of The Silmarillion and Narnia, which you might have missed, Varna!
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6214440/1/Kindred_Spirits
It involves the meeting of Susan and a certain wandering Elf!

From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Well spotted! Thank you!
I had indeed missed it.
And I'll be on the lookout for more from that author.

From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

Henneth Annun has some good new stories from some talented writers up!
Calenlassiel
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 11356
posted      Profile for Calenlassiel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.storiesofarda.com/author.asp?AuthID=1787

The Author is Fiondil

http://www.storiesofarda.com/chapterlistview.asp?SID=5080

http://www.storiesofarda.com/chapterlistview.asp?SID=5828

This is an awesome series about Glorfindel and many others in Aman

From: Garden of the Lady | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

posted      Profile for pi   Author's Homepage   Email pi   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Ulairë Gordis
Not sure if you visit the White City any more, but I wanted to say that the "Magweth Pengolodh: The Question of Pengolodh" story you recommended was excellent. I will check out some more of these fan-fic recommendations.

From: Virgo Supercluster, 40º N 75º W | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

posted      Profile for pi   Author's Homepage   Email pi   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'm on a MT fan fic kick.

The Dûnhebaid Cycle by Adaneth is a wonderful story. If any of you haven't read it, stop what ever you are doing, put a book mark in any reading material you are in the middle of, and read this fan fic = it is one of the best I've read.

From: Virgo Supercluster, 40º N 75º W | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

Link???
Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

moi? it's on page one of this thread.
Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

quote:
To the last battle at Fornost with the Witch-lord of Angmar they sent some bowmen to the aid of the king, or so they maintained, though no tales of Men record it.
I'd like to read a fanfic on this part of Hobbit and Arnor history.
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

I kinda wrote one in outline form, but never developed it beyond tat. These days, my time is taken up by writing with my sweet on Henneth Annun in Cardolan's Legacy.
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I once wrote a little drabble about an adventure in Arnor around the year 1300! About someone journeying to Angmar. Not a very nice place at all.
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

I finally found a story I had read years ago, but lost ...
It's about Aegnor and Finrod - oh, in a way it's about Andreth as well.

A Brother's Oath

Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Ivy Bush » Tolkien Fanfiction - recommendations (Page 2)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help