Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Ivy Bush » The Movie's Influence on MT (Page 9)
Author Topic: The Movie's Influence on MT
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Ah.. I missed that whole exchange. Yes, its quite clear they are one & the same. So its been 4 years now. Wow!
From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Theoden of Rohan
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 6704
posted      Profile for Theoden of Rohan   Author's Homepage   Email Theoden of Rohan   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
i dont understand, what is MT?
From: Moldova | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Minas Tirith, i.e. this site. []
From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Witch-King of Angmar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4899
posted      Profile for The Witch-King of Angmar   Email The Witch-King of Angmar   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Amazing that someone who once told the Steward to go fork himself is still around...
I see defamation is your strong suit.

[ 04-28-2008, 11:55 PM: Message edited by: The Witch-King of Angmar ]

From: Los Angeles, CA, USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
... or not.
From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Witch-King of Angmar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4899
posted      Profile for The Witch-King of Angmar   Email The Witch-King of Angmar   Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, is that supposed to be clever? It is.... NOT!

[ 05-01-2008, 09:43 PM: Message edited by: The Witch-King of Angmar ]

From: Los Angeles, CA, USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

... or not.

[] You need to learn how to have fun. [] []

... and now that you're gone.....

[ 03-08-2009, 06:08 AM: Message edited by: Snöwdog ]

Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

quote:
Theoden of Rohan said: i dont understand, what is MT?
Its short for Minas Tirith, but these days, to me it means GOOD BEER! []
Jango
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 891

posted      Profile for Jango   Email Jango   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Suppose we should prepare ourselves for an influx of newbies in the coming year or two? Or do you think Facebook will keep them preoccupied?

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"Sonofabitch I'm sick of these dolphins." ~Steve Zissou

From: US Virgin Islands | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

posted      Profile for Éomer   Email Éomer   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, with Facebook and Twitter out there these days, I don't think MT's going to receive as much new activity as it did when the LOTR fervor was at its peak.
From: Serenity | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

Don't think any influx will be a problem, since message boards are so passe. And, the Hobbit movie is crap. And even the beer I so loved in 200 from Mount Tamborine Brewery has gone down hill too. Glad this town got some better locals brews now....
Eledhsúle
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1980

posted      Profile for Eledhsúle   Author's Homepage   Email Eledhsúle   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
So there hasn't been a great wave of newbies lately?
I find it hard to believe as Tumblr is going nuts over Thranduil. []
But someone educate me as it's been years since I last visited. []

From: Finland | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

The day of the message board has passed. The day of twitter & tumblr is passing.
Eledhsúle
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1980

posted      Profile for Eledhsúle   Author's Homepage   Email Eledhsúle   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'm interested in seeing what's next. []

Oh and Happy New Year! []

[ 01-01-2014, 03:28 AM: Message edited by: Eledhsúle ]

From: Finland | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor The DarkQueen Iauraearien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

posted      Profile for The DarkQueen Iauraearien   Author's Homepage   Email The DarkQueen Iauraearien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
The Return of the Forum
From: Mordor | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
túrë a enda
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11399
posted      Profile for túrë a enda   Email túrë a enda   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Edit: Never mind [] Newbies shouldn't post in these kinds of threads anyhow. []
From: Kent, WA | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aiwrendel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 965

posted      Profile for Aiwrendel   Author's Homepage   Email Aiwrendel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Quite the contrary, túrë a enda! You’re not new if you read many of the old threads. The trick is to read the threads in their entirety. Once done you’re prepared for as relevant a response as any.

Snöwdog has been great of late resurrecting many excellent topics. Read them.

And, WELCOME to MT, túrë a enda! []

I was reading this board for months before I became a citizen. I somehow felt inadequate and not “worthy” of responding having less knowledge and eloquence than others. I was wrong. This place is rich in Tolkien knowledge and great citizens. I knew the movies would change the citizenry and wanted to experience true Tolkien fans before the topic was tainted by the movies. The City has changed but very little in its richness. The lack of active citizens in the biggest change.

So, speak up. Hail, and welcome!

/rambling

[ 01-03-2014, 08:45 PM: Message edited by: Aiwrendel ]

From: Chicago USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
túrë a enda
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11399
posted      Profile for túrë a enda   Email túrë a enda   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you. [] And I will, read threads in their entirety. [] I usually try to read a thread all the way through before trying to post something, like I did with this thread. However, after looking through this one a second time I found myself being rather redundant after posting. So, I edited it by saying I oughtn't have in the first place! []

The thought I tried to dispel was that I first joined truly because I did want to discuss the books. [] I typically make a point to forget about the movies just because how ridiculous they are in comparison with the books! (Even though I watched the movies before I read the books, I had no choice considering that I was around six when the first movie came out; [] I started reading them when I was around eleven. [] )

Having read The Hobbit before the movie came out, I'm able to truly feel frustration. Now, I wonder if there actually will be a flock of newbies because of The Hobbit movies. (I don't count myself so much only because I knew about this site for around seven years, though I didn't join because I wanted to read The Hobbit and LoTR at least four times before even thinking about trying to have a good discussion! [] )

Oh, and I rarely use Facebook and Twitter. Never used Tumblr. []

From: Kent, WA | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

quote:
Snöwdog has been great of late resurrecting many excellent topics. Read them.
I just grab something from the archives to bring back up to the top because it was a great discussion, even if I wasn't always a part of them. But I love to read about and discuss the book topics.

As far as The Hobbit movies having a large influx of new folk come flooding in like December 2003 when Minas Tirith was a part of the laatest movie, there will be few. Minas Tirith doesn't even come up in The Hobbit. So these movie influence on MT will be negligible.

LyraLuthien Tinuviel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5173

posted      Profile for LyraLuthien Tinuviel   Author's Homepage   Email LyraLuthien Tinuviel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
In that case: perhaps, instead of renaming Minas Tirith "Lotholorien" as someone suggested in the 13th anniversary thread, we should rename it Erebor--the Lonely Mountain. []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Don't say we have come now to the end; White shores are calling.
You and I will meet again.
Across the sea a pale moon rising; the ships have come to carry you home.
And all will turn to silver glass; A light on the water
Grey Ships pass into the West.

From: GreyHavens via Puget Sound | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

... or not.
túrë a enda
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11399
quote:
...Or not
[]
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

Very little effect.
Roll of Honor The DarkQueen Iauraearien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

posted      Profile for The DarkQueen Iauraearien   Author's Homepage   Email The DarkQueen Iauraearien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
To think I used to be scared to post in the Ivy Bush. Now newbies just barge in and post nothing but smilies! []

(Just messing, tae. [] )

From: Mordor | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

Gotta watch those 5 digiter nOObz...
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Ivy Bush » The Movie's Influence on MT (Page 9)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help