Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Ivy Bush » The Movie's Influence on MT (Page 10)
Author Topic: The Movie's Influence on MT
túrë a enda
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11399
posted      Profile for túrë a enda   Email túrë a enda   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
To think I used to be scared to post in the Ivy Bush. Now newbies just barge in and post nothing but smilies! []

(Just messing, tae. [] )

Haha, no, actually, I've always felt that I use smilies just a little too much... I think I counted about eight smilies in that one post! []
From: Kent, WA | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LyraLuthien Tinuviel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5173

posted      Profile for LyraLuthien Tinuviel   Author's Homepage   Email LyraLuthien Tinuviel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Is there still a per-post smilie/image limit?

[] [] [] [] [] [] [] []

Yes there is, it's eight.

I haven't seen any newbies who are only here on account of Tauriel (ZOMG, look, a hot red-headed elf! Now even redheads are allowed to be Tolkien fans!!!1111oneoneoneone) so I would say next to no influence.

A crop of newbies would be fun. We still have Snowdog to troll them, though next to no-one else!

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Don't say we have come now to the end; White shores are calling.
You and I will meet again.
Across the sea a pale moon rising; the ships have come to carry you home.
And all will turn to silver glass; A light on the water
Grey Ships pass into the West.

From: GreyHavens via Puget Sound | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
túrë a enda
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11399
posted      Profile for túrë a enda   Email túrë a enda   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[]
From: Kent, WA | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor The DarkQueen Iauraearien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

posted      Profile for The DarkQueen Iauraearien   Author's Homepage   Email The DarkQueen Iauraearien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
The old grumps might reappear if they had some newbies to slaughter. []
From: Mordor | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperaca
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4298

posted      Profile for Telperaca   Email Telperaca   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Like Zenith?
Quite a lot of the old members have had kids; probably got their hands full.

From: Wonderland | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
túrë a enda
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11399
I won't post here again, on the assumption that I'll likely be slaughtered mentally due to my noobieness... []

No, I get that you're just kidding! (Right?) []

Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
We still have Snowdog to troll them
More like shooting fish in a barrel. Speaking of fish... Where is Z? Ah... fishing
From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LyraLuthien Tinuviel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5173

posted      Profile for LyraLuthien Tinuviel   Author's Homepage   Email LyraLuthien Tinuviel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Telpie:
quote:
Quite a lot of the old members have had kids; probably got their hands full.
Having kids never stopped me from posting!

It's the quest for a college degree and a full time job that did that.

And tae my dear don't sell yourself short. There's nothing wrong with your brain but lack of experience. And the only way to get that is to get out there and discuss!

So, new topic? Trolling newbies: why? Does it really accomplish anything but discourage posting, leading to the further decline of the White City?

Discuss. []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Don't say we have come now to the end; White shores are calling.
You and I will meet again.
Across the sea a pale moon rising; the ships have come to carry you home.
And all will turn to silver glass; A light on the water
Grey Ships pass into the West.

From: GreyHavens via Puget Sound | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
túrë a enda
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11399
Ah, Lyra, I'm not selling myself short, I'm just playing along! [] However, I will refrain from posting in this particular thread until I have read a majority of the archives! []
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

posted      Profile for The DarkQueen Iauraearien   Author's Homepage   Email The DarkQueen Iauraearien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone needs trolling if they're being an idiot. []
From: Mordor | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Trolling newbies: why? Does it really accomplish anything but discourage posting, leading to the further decline of the White City?
Further decline? Who said there was any decline in the first place?
From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

*just realised she can't remember ZEN being a grump/newbie-troller*

Well, you've got to admit there was a very long decline in activity. There's a bit more life recently though, which is nice. []

Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
ZEN used to shoot them, didn't he? []
From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

Ah. The decline, or further decline in a site and the decline, or further decline of ]activity of a site are two different things.
Aiwrendel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 965

posted      Profile for Aiwrendel   Author's Homepage   Email Aiwrendel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'd just like to take this opportunity to [] at...
quote:
The old grumps might reappear if they had some newbies to slaughter
Anyway. Who's grumpy? []

We now return you to the topic,

From: Chicago USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

Newbie shooting was a rite of passage more than trolling, surely? []

You aren't grumpy. []

Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

I for the most part missed the Z n00beez target practice days.
The movies had a big influx of targets back then and I for the most part took a walk into the wild for a time. Sounded fun though []

Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Newbie shooting was a rite of passage more than trolling, surely?
I would see it that way, too ...
From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

quote:
The old grumps might reappear if they had some newbies to slaughter
[]
I left a site last week which I had been on since 2007 because someone was telling me I was wrong about the break-up of Arnor in a Lord of the Rings BOOK forum. I then found a thread where they said they had not ever read any books but only watched and worshipped the PJ movies. When I called them on it, asking how they can have opinions on a tale in a book which they have never read, and they said they didn't need to read the books because the movies covered everything. I said there was movie forums on the site for that, and the mod came in and said they were free to post wherever they like. I lost total respect for the place and shut down my account.

This is the influence and effect that the movies can have on sites. Gladly this place so far has kept the two segregated and most here respect the difference. []

Aiwrendel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 965

posted      Profile for Aiwrendel   Author's Homepage   Email Aiwrendel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
...and they said they didn't need to read the books because the movies covered everything.
Ah, the bliss of ignorant arrogance. []

quote:
Gladly this place so far has kept the two segregated and most here respect the difference.
[]
From: Chicago USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

quote:
Ah, the bliss of ignorant arrogance. []
No kidding. The gist if that whole thing was that "Gondor" didn't fracture into 3 parts. They clearly had no idea what or where Arnor was even.
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Ivy Bush » The Movie's Influence on MT (Page 10)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help