Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Ivy Bush » When was the last time you read? (Page 2)
Author Topic: When was the last time you read?
Dancing Sparrow
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2240

posted      Profile for Dancing Sparrow   Author's Homepage   Email Dancing Sparrow   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Last year for me. I reread TT. I really need to continue on. []
From: Over Yonder *points south* | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Dread Pirate Roberts
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2117
posted      Profile for The Dread Pirate Roberts   Email The Dread Pirate Roberts   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'm approaching the Moria gate right now.

I read LotR and The Hobbit at least annually. Unfinished Tales and Silmarillion a bit less often.

From: Blacksburg, VA | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viscount Værtalion
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3122

posted      Profile for Viscount Værtalion   Author's Homepage   Email Viscount Værtalion   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'm reading the Fellowship for the first time in 3 years!
From: Serapion | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Prince Imrahil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5425
posted      Profile for Prince Imrahil   Email Prince Imrahil   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Currently, I just came upon Gandalf the White in Fangorn Forest.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
And last and proudest, Imrahil, Prince of Dol Amroth, kinsman of the lord, with gilded banners bearing his token of the Ship and the Silver Swan, and a company of knights in full harness riding grey horses...tall as lords, grey-eyed, dark-haired, singing as they came.

-Minas Tirith

From: Dor-En-Ernil, Belfalas (by way of VA) | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sepiroth Strife
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2646

posted      Profile for Sepiroth Strife   Email Sepiroth Strife   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Sadly enough I don't even remember. I know it was after the movies came out, but that's as close as I get. I've been reading alot of other novels that succeeded in latching onto my mind and forcing themselves upon me...or they are really good.
From: Temple, Texas | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Celebrían
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2057

posted      Profile for Celebrían   Email Celebrían   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
So after slipping under the bedcovers last night, I started reading LotR: Tolkien's denial of any connection between characters in LotR and real life- and then dreamt of Sauron turning into Kim Yong II of North Korea. Weird.
From: First Homely House, Rivendell, Eriador | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Finding I have to re-read just to keep the movie pollution dispersed.
From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Indil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4434

posted      Profile for Indil   Author's Homepage   Email Indil   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
For a moment I thought this topic was just about "when you last read" instead of "when you last read Tolkien". And I was all shocked at how little everyone read.
From: The Netherlands | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
faithfull
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11417

posted      Profile for faithfull   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[] That last comment was hilarious!

I read Tolkien last year, as many of the works as I could get hold of. Then, I overheard a bank teller attempting to make a literary analysis, saying what she thought Tolkien's politics were, based only upon her having seen the movies. [] I gave her a copy of The Fellowship, to get her started. []

From: East of the sun, West of the moon | Registered: Oct 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Currently reading book 4.
From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aiwrendel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 965

posted      Profile for Aiwrendel   Author's Homepage   Email Aiwrendel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I gave her a copy of The Fellowship, to get her started.
That was not only extremely nice and helpful but (at least in my sarcastic mind) quite humorous. I'm sure you only meant it in a nice way.

Wait. You just happened to have a copy with you?

From: Chicago USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
faithfull
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11417

posted      Profile for faithfull   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Wait. You just happened to have a copy with you?
No, silly! I wished one into existence, and delivered it upon my next visit into the bank. []

I need to check back with that gal, and see how she likes reading the original versus watching the perversion. []

From: East of the sun, West of the moon | Registered: Oct 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aiwrendel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 965

posted      Profile for Aiwrendel   Author's Homepage   Email Aiwrendel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Silly? Me, silly? Well, you know me. I just like to have fun.
quote:
I need to check back with that gal, and see how she likes reading the original versus watching the perversion.
Please share her thoughts with us. I'd like to hear if someone can be decontaminated by exposure to the Professor's genius.

"the perversion". heh. I'm going to shamelessly steal that term.

From: Chicago USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Ivy Bush » When was the last time you read? (Page 2)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help