Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Ivy Bush » The WGW mystery... (Page 1)
Author Topic: The WGW mystery...
Stormwing the Bronze
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4480
posted      Profile for Stormwing the Bronze   Email Stormwing the Bronze   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not exactly a veteran. Actually, not at all, but I thought this would be the best place to get my question answered. Why is WGW Citizen #2? Not #1? He's the founder of the site, isn't he?

I tried to ask him myself, but his PM box is full. Thanks in advance for any help! ( [] I'll probably be smited [or smote? smitten?] for posting here... [] )

From: Shafaer austratars arkepesk! (On the wings of a storm!) | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Smitten.

From All Newbie Questions Answered:
quote:
Q. Who is citizen #1?
A. Most of you will notice that White Gold Wielder (WGW), the steward and almighty master of MT is citizen #2. Citizen #1 is the default administrator account created by the bulletin board upon its inception. It is not WGW's evil twin brother.

From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glóin the Dark
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2102

posted      Profile for Glóin the Dark   Author's Homepage   Email Glóin the Dark   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Citizen number 1 is The Supreme Fascist. (Otherwise known as The S.F.)

Very nasty character.

From: Belfalas | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stormwing the Bronze
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4480
posted      Profile for Stormwing the Bronze   Email Stormwing the Bronze   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, okay. Thanks! Now I understand.

*Waits patiently to be smitten*

From: Shafaer austratars arkepesk! (On the wings of a storm!) | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
The S.F. may smite you eventually.
From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Talan
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2413

posted      Profile for Talan   Email Talan   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
He doesn't post much.
From: Austin, TX. Home of awesome. | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

Indeed not. Stormwing may have to be very patient. []
Glóin the Dark
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2102

posted      Profile for Glóin the Dark   Author's Homepage   Email Glóin the Dark   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
No, he doesn't exchange many words with us at all; but, mark my words, he's here constantly watching his score build up.
From: Belfalas | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Curufin the Crafty
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2540

posted      Profile for Curufin the Crafty   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Citizen number 1 is The Supreme Fascist.
Wait. Thorin's not citizen #1... []
From: Wherever people are oppressed... | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glóin the Dark
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2102

He forgot his password and had to register again, I believe.
Roll of Honor Braeden Fireheart
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

posted      Profile for Braeden Fireheart   Author's Homepage   Email Braeden Fireheart   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
probably be smited [or smote? smitten?]
It’s smote.

Smitten = fanatical, obsessed, besotted, infatuated, love-struck…

So…
quote:
*Waits patiently to be smitten*
You wait patiently to be infatuated by our steward’s charm and #1's fascism. []

[ 06-03-2004, 03:32 AM: Message edited by: Braeden Fireheart ]

From: Mnemosyne's loft | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gil-galad
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 576

posted      Profile for Gil-galad   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I think everyone is waiting to be smitten by WGW's charm. Now, I like to think of myself as kinda "old" around here, you know, the ranting old man at the tavern who everyone thinks has had his share of ale. Anyways, I've met the SF before and let me tell you, it was not pretty.
From: TX | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hidalgo
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1083
posted      Profile for Hidalgo   Edit/Delete Post 
I liked better Miz Lobelia's (I believe it was her) answer, even if I know it is not the truth. She said WGW used number 2 because he is just the Steward, and number one was reserved to the king. []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
I am unworthy to remain a citizen of MT, so pay no heed to my words.

In Deo Spes Mea.

From: Madrid - Spain | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Aikanáro
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3121

posted      Profile for Aikanáro   Email Aikanáro   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
It is not WGW's evil twin brother.
Actually, it's a well known fact that Citizen #1 is Lor to WGW's Data.

Then, of course, there's the mystery of this citizen...

[ 06-03-2004, 03:06 AM: Message edited by: Aikanáro ]

From: Mar Vanwa Tyaliéva | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ingaran Nolofinwë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4240
posted      Profile for Ingaran Nolofinwë   Author's Homepage   Email Ingaran Nolofinwë   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Dun Dun Dunnnnnnnn.
From: Washington State University | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thalion
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4172
posted      Profile for Thalion   Email Thalion   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
He must be related to this very confused citizen, look how similiar their profiles are!
From: Hiding in a Filing Cabinet | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Talan
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2413

posted      Profile for Talan   Email Talan   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'd have to agree with Hidalgo. It seems fitting to me, all jesting aside.
From: Austin, TX. Home of awesome. | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Belegurth
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1534

posted      Profile for Belegurth   Email Belegurth   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Do you people really believe the crappy story about the default admin account? [] I can't believe how gullible people are. The answer is here: The truth about account #1

Ha! Tricked again! In fact, WGW hacked the account of the one whom this page belongs, killed the account and took over the rule. Anyway, the true master shall return and free Minas Tirith from WGW's terrible, brutal dictatorship. []

From: the void | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Mahanaxar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1540

posted      Profile for Mahanaxar   Email Mahanaxar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Complete with a translucent army of dead things that will hover about and kill us all in a flurry of pale green.
From: pants | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arien the Maia
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4219

posted      Profile for Arien the Maia   Author's Homepage   Email Arien the Maia   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
*sets a counter and starts selling acid*
This seems a good place to find customers []

From: The daily planet | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stormwing the Bronze
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4480
Wow! Hold on there? Acid? Wow!

*Walks away quckly, periodically peering over his shoulder at peculiar people*

Thalion
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4172
posted      Profile for Thalion   Email Thalion   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
*buys two containers of Acid and starts to trail Stormwing*
*sees glimmering shiny green thing out of corner of his eye and tosses some of his acid behind his back at it*
*Looks*
My bad Maha

From: Hiding in a Filing Cabinet | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orofacion of the Vanyar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1166

posted      Profile for Orofacion of the Vanyar   Email Orofacion of the Vanyar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[] Smote []
From: Cincinnati, OH | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Erufailar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3417

posted      Profile for Erufailar   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
*new discovery*

There is a citizen for every number up to eight digits long with the same profile (unless taken, say for someone in the 4000's). I typed in eight random numbers and got that weird profile thing. WGW probably made the citizen #1 for "the king". The others just fill spots. Mystery solved! ...for now... []

[ 06-03-2004, 08:23 PM: Message edited by: Carnelamoth ]

From: Chicago, Illinois | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ingaran Nolofinwë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4240
posted      Profile for Ingaran Nolofinwë   Author's Homepage   Email Ingaran Nolofinwë   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[]
From: Washington State University | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Ivy Bush » The WGW mystery... (Page 1)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help