Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Ivy Bush » Which race do you identify with? (Page 2)
Author Topic: Which race do you identify with?
Pènncrabaniel
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 2992

posted      Profile for Pènncrabaniel   Email Pènncrabaniel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Half hobbit, half elf for me. I love nature and beauty, having fun and am mysterious by nature.
From: Berlin, Germany | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Imby
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2990

posted      Profile for Imby   Email Imby   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hobbits, without a doubt.

Check out the avi...if I could design and build my own house, that's exactly what it would look like.

Check out the sig...tell me that's not something a Hobbit would say!

Give me comfort, simplicity, and peace. Give me a garden, a picnic, and my children playing near me.

Well look at that...it appears that I already have a hobbit's life! []

*contented sigh*

Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brilaratoiel
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 3508
posted      Profile for Brilaratoiel   Email Brilaratoiel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I totally identify with Elves....I mean they are beautiful...(not being conceided, I don't like the way I look...but I have their grace, love for nature, I appreciate the Earth..and I'm tall. I wish I could speak Elvish better, but I don't think I'd want to be immortal though.
Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Peregrin Took
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1176

posted      Profile for Peregrin Took   Email Peregrin Took   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I AM a hobbit. I mean, ever since I was 2 years old my dad has called me his little hobbit lass.

I personally just don't get Elves. I mean, they are beautiful creatures to great to touch. I've read the Sil twice, and I still don't really understand it, because it is all about elves. The first time I read The Hobbit and LotR, the stuff just clicked. And for The Hobbit to click for a 5 year old, that's kind of saying a lot.

Did I yet mention that I am Peregrin Took? []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Support cows named Bob, if you don't who will?
Save a Cow, eat a Chicken!

From: Upstate NY | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eleanor Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2536

posted      Profile for Eleanor Gamgee   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a hobbit through and through! I'd rather curl up in front of a fireplace with a cup of tea than go looking for adventures. I love getting together with a small group of friends and exchanging stories over a big meal. I love music and dancing, and everything else about the hobbit lifestyle.

Heck, I even have big feet. []

From: St. Louis... well, close enough. | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sepiroth Strife
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2646

posted      Profile for Sepiroth Strife   Email Sepiroth Strife   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a human, dwarf, hobbit. I have the hairy feet of a hobbit...I have the facial hair of a dwarf...and the height of a human. I'm such a mix breed. []
From: Temple, Texas | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Peregrin Took
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1176

posted      Profile for Peregrin Took   Email Peregrin Took   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Sepi, out of curiosity, WHAT were your parents?
From: Upstate NY | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stormy Weather
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 3151
posted      Profile for Stormy Weather   Email Stormy Weather   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
a Noldo...plus a bit Melkor=) actually I associate myself with Feanor or Galadriel []
From: Moscow, Russia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Curufin the Crafty
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2540

posted      Profile for Curufin the Crafty   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Fëanor's mine. Hands off. []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
To gain that which is worth having, it may be necessary to lose everything else.
~Bernadette Devlin
http://www.shonjir.net

From: Wherever people are oppressed... | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor EowynatHeart
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3437

posted      Profile for EowynatHeart   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I would like to think that I would be like the elves, noble and wise but I would probably be more like a Hobbit, if I had to tell the truth. I do have a bit of Rohirrim in my blood, like my name sake.

forgive my spelling!

From: Wait! The map was upside down!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Azaelia of Willowbottom
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 1077
posted      Profile for Azaelia of Willowbottom   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hobbits all the way. I'm the 3rd or 4th shortest kid in my class and waitresses in restaraunts still think I'm 10 years old which I think is pretty funny, considering I'm 15. I'm young and innocent for my age, I think. I enjoy a peaceful lifestyle, surrounded by friends and family, though I do dream big. I have a love of peace and quiet. I love parties and food and all those other carefree hobbitish ways. I long for a time when my parents never had the news on the radio, so that I could be happily ignorant of all the horrible stuff happening in and to the world, like the hobbits, living in my own little cut-away place in the world that seems a whole lot more ideal. I am going to live, if not in a hobbit-hole, then in a house in a hill (not to mention being comfortable they save energy)!

**Azaelia realizes she is rambling and cuts herself off before she goes on and on and on.....**

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
*Zali: Foolish Hobbit-lass*
"A new day will come!"
~Samwise the Brave

From: Willowbottom :) | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Willow
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 876

posted      Profile for Willow   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
This thread is a bit old, but that's never stopped me! I wish I could say something deep and beautiful about how I can identify with elves the most...but I can't. I identify 100% with the race of men and I have all the flaws to prove it (not that men are nothing but flaws).

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
..the crownless again shall be king.

From: USA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ilye
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 3521
posted      Profile for Ilye   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
The Elves. Part Noldor, because I am fiery and passionate and can be cruel and ruthless. Part Teleri, bacause I love the Sea and Nature and singing, and part dark elf, for I am not entirely a good person, and unfortunately, do not always try to be one.
From: On the move....... | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kjartan Fløgelfrikk
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3302
posted      Profile for Kjartan Fløgelfrikk   Author's Homepage   Email Kjartan Fløgelfrikk   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'm such a hobbit (but mix in a bit of human and ent as well)
From: Sector ZZ plural Z alpha | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mîrwen Ilúvëanna
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 3641

posted      Profile for Mîrwen Ilúvëanna   Email Mîrwen Ilúvëanna   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
For me half -elf , half-human ...
That would be perfect

Ah, then we are kin, Anorfildur Isilme...I, too, would be of the peredhil.

[ 06-06-2003, 07:40 PM: Message edited by: Mîrwen Ilúvëanna ]

From: Ered Luin | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lord Glorfindel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3110

posted      Profile for Lord Glorfindel   Author's Homepage   Email Lord Glorfindel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I think I am more Elf than any other race but my freind calls me Dwelf as I am short (I mean really short) like a dwarf but I am also very elf like. So Dwelf I am. Now my name, Gimolas, Elronin, Thorindel.......

[ 06-07-2003, 01:02 PM: Message edited by: Lord Glorfindel ]

From: I grew up in Europe, where History is from. | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eldorian
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2113

posted      Profile for Eldorian   Author's Homepage   Email Eldorian   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Half elven I'd say
From: Wizard land though I'm most often found in the V.O.E | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Adulithien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2193

posted      Profile for Adulithien   Email Adulithien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Can't believe this has been here so long and I've never replied!

I'd definitely have to say Elvish, though equal parts Noldor, Sindar and Laiquendi. I tend to feel the same about the Noldor that Curufin does-- they're not perfect by any stretch. They're dynamic, many-faceted and real. But they're craftsmen, where the Laiquendi are such nature-lovers that they and their forest are inseperable. My uniform is green, bright yellow and bright red, but you just try and find me in the woods. [] I also have quite a mission for forest management. (This also incidentally relates to why I adore Haldir... long story.)

And the Sindar. Some call them simple or rustic, but I think they're rough diamonds. Rewarding when you get past your assumptions.

There you have it. []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
No fighting in this thread-- take it outside!
All your insights are appreciated here

From: Austin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2395

posted      Profile for Sam Gamgee   Email Sam Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'd probably be a hobbit or an elf. More likely hobbit. It fits me.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"

From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GLAMDRING The Foe Hammer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3303

posted      Profile for GLAMDRING The Foe Hammer   Email GLAMDRING The Foe Hammer   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Are Elven Swords a race?

I would probably be of the same race as Tom Bombadil, no one knows what the heck he is.

I identify with all of the races in some ways. As to which one I identify with the most I would say... men.

From: Cary NC | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rey Archangel
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 3753

posted      Profile for Rey Archangel   Email Rey Archangel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a complete Istari!
Well,it's not a race really, but who cares! [] I'd like to have a real Mission and to be really wise and all that []

From: Turkey | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gimli son of Glóin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1863

posted      Profile for Gimli son of Glóin   Email Gimli son of Glóin   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Pure Dwarf. I'm always mad [] I love axes [] and I think other people are inferior [] []
From: Wisconsin | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Gandalf the White
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 295

posted      Profile for Gandalf the White   Email Gandalf the White   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I hate to crash the party of hobbits and elves and whatnot, but I would have to say Men here. I don't mean like, well considering I'm a human, I'll say Men... In my opinion, Tolkien's race of Men is quite, sadly, a difference race of Men than those that live today.

I always find myself liking the human characters most... Turin... Tuor... Hurin... Faramir... Imrahil... Elendil...

Yup. Definitely a Man.

From: Georgia, USA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gimli son of Glóin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1863

posted      Profile for Gimli son of Glóin   Email Gimli son of Glóin   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Imrahil does have some Elven blood in him. []
From: Wisconsin | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Gandalf the White
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 295

posted      Profile for Gandalf the White   Email Gandalf the White   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
He's more of a Man than he is one of those stuck-up elves []
From: Georgia, USA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Ivy Bush » Which race do you identify with? (Page 2)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help