Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Ivy Bush » Which race do you identify with? (Page 1)
Author Topic: Which race do you identify with?
Haleth
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2693

posted      Profile for Haleth   Author's Homepage   Email Haleth   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I think most readers of Tolkien identify with a particular ME race over the others.

For me, the race of men is intriguing because of all their temptations and downfalls, but also their glory.

What about you all?

From: Brethil (Seattle for those in the real world) | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
faithy gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2708

posted      Profile for faithy gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email faithy gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
i think for me it would me hobbits, see i love flowers and trees, and i love the shire, i love partys, i love rivers and water ways, and i prefer to ignore.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"your sig is too long"- wgw
"huh?"-faith mauk
this one time, i thought i saw a u.f.o., but it was just a plane, so i waved at it.

From: under a pointy hat. | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nacilwen Ostrocundo
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2858
posted      Profile for Nacilwen Ostrocundo   Email Nacilwen Ostrocundo   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Men for me... because they mak mistakes and aren't perfect but they try to do the best they can with what little time they are given
From: did i mention i like scissors? | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anorfildur Isilme
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3324

posted      Profile for Anorfildur Isilme   Email Anorfildur Isilme   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
For me half -elf , half-human ...
That would be perfect

From: Sometimes Hell , sometimes Heaven | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lady Sandry of Ruatha
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2732

posted      Profile for Lady Sandry of Ruatha   Author's Homepage   Email Lady Sandry of Ruatha   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Elves. For their beauty, their love of nature, their affinity with the stars and the moon, (because I share it,) and their age, knowledge, skills, wisdom, and grief.

[ 03-05-2003, 07:55 AM: Message edited by: Lady Sandrilene fa Toren ]

From: Ruatha Hold | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dunadan
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1617
posted      Profile for Dunadan   Author's Homepage   Email Dunadan   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Ents. Their simplicity, yet raw power, calmness, but raging anger when aroused, and overall, they're not hasty like all of you pesky lesser races!
From: near Bree, recently set off to the East | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calenwilerin
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 2770
posted      Profile for Calenwilerin   Author's Homepage   Email Calenwilerin   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Well I'd have to say that I am in total awe of the Elves, there grace n beauty (that doesn't really do them any justice at all). But the greatness of the Numenoreans is also intriguing, how in many ways they seem to compare to the Elves. (which seem totally incomparible to any other race)
From: Somewhere inside my head-scary place to be | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Talan
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2413

posted      Profile for Talan   Email Talan   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
1. The hobbits, for their love of the land, of simple life, of happiness and merriment.

2. The men of Gondor, for their bravery and steadfast commitment to principle.

From: Austin, TX. Home of awesome. | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Swift Asfaloth
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1435

posted      Profile for Swift Asfaloth   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Well, obviously, I identify with my fellow equines, the Mearas....

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Tal vez amar es aprender a caminar por este mundo.
Perhaps to love is to learn to walk through this world.
~Octavio Paz

From: Calenardhon | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eledhsúle
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1980

posted      Profile for Eledhsúle   Author's Homepage   Email Eledhsúle   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
And my Screen Name is?

...right and for those who don't speak or read elvish... Elven Spirit.

From: Finland | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dark Lord Andúril
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2564

posted      Profile for Dark Lord Andúril   Author's Homepage   Email Dark Lord Andúril   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
i like the 100 metres, or what about the egg and spoon?
From: In Imladris I dwell... | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Curufin the Crafty
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2540

posted      Profile for Curufin the Crafty   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Elves, but specifically the Noldor.

I don't really relate too much with the Teleri, Sindar or Vanyar. The Noldor are passionate, firey, brilliant, quick tempered and not all together friendly - like me. [] But they have their hearts in the right place, and want to do the right thing, even though they make mistakes. They're real, which is the best thing about them.

From: Wherever people are oppressed... | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Durin's Bane
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1700

posted      Profile for Durin's Bane   Author's Homepage   Email Durin's Bane   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Like Dunadan I too identify with Ents. I, like the Ents am patient and not too hasty, but if need be, I can rise to anger.

[ 03-06-2003, 03:18 PM: Message edited by: Durin's Bane ]

From: New Mexico USA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryu Irori
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3383

posted      Profile for Ryu Irori   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Part Elf, for I love both the forests and oceans alike. Part Dragon, for I'm hot tempered, stock up on money, and I like burning things.
From: My very own void | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Sauron's Secret Agent
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

posted      Profile for Sauron's Secret Agent   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hobbits! Close to the earth, brave when necessary, fond of good food and drink, and cute. []

Besides, Tolkien always said he was a hobbit in all but size. []

[ 03-06-2003, 05:15 PM: Message edited by: Sauron's Secret Agent ]

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Queen of Grammar with King Marcho.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by...

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.

Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Mandin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 415

posted      Profile for Mandin   Author's Homepage   Email Mandin   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Beorning in all but size.
From: Houston, Missouri | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Last of the Noldor
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2909
posted      Profile for The Last of the Noldor   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Humans because since I am an human I can sympethize with all they have to deal with. But I admire the men of Gondor for their bravery and willingness to stand by their word.
Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Luthien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 17
posted      Profile for Luthien   Email Luthien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I consider myself a dark elf along the lines of Eöl for I relate to the grey area between the good elves and a dark heart.
From: Wanderer of Middle Earth | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viscount Værtalion
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3122

posted      Profile for Viscount Værtalion   Author's Homepage   Email Viscount Værtalion   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
must be half elf and half hobbit for me because the beauty, nobility, wisdom of the elves and the simplicity, love, and humor of the hobbits are things that are very special to me.
From: Serapion | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Erinti
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3470

posted      Profile for Erinti   Email Erinti   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'm an Elf in disguise, definitely. Half Noldo, half Sinda, I guess... []
From: Somewhere out there | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

posted      Profile for Éomer   Email Éomer   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Men, definitely. Despite their flaws, they still manage to overcome evil, and unlike the unchanging Elves they have a fire within them that forces them to constantly better themselves. Men have motivation, while Elves are stagnant and Dwarves are greedy; they may not be the wisest or the strongest, but they are the driving force in the world.
From: Serenity | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nash Rómerandir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2903

posted      Profile for Nash Rómerandir   Author's Homepage   Email Nash Rómerandir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'm definitely a Balrog... []

[ 06-15-2003, 06:30 PM: Message edited by: Nash Rómerandir ]

From: Cuiviénen (well, people call this place France) | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Luthien daughter of Melian
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2121

posted      Profile for Luthien daughter of Melian   Author's Homepage   Email Luthien daughter of Melian   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
must be half elf and half hobbit for me
that's me I have always loved Elves and definately would love to be an elf, that and I love hobbits, and would definately like to live in the Shire

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
moon silver beauty
soft song bringing anchient tears
to the elven lords

"Happiness is a pile of soggy hobbits." ~Convention 2003

From: The Shire | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Saleci
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3228

posted      Profile for Saleci   Email Saleci   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I must be an elf for i've always loved their gracefullness and love of nature. Though recently i would trade a walk in the woods for a day on the ocean.
From: Scotland | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elyrka Redsmith
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3054

posted      Profile for Elyrka Redsmith   Author's Homepage   Email Elyrka Redsmith   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hobbits for me.

I love their simple life styles, not being caught up in other's business.

It's just beautiful.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Vandanye a varya Quenya ve i orohalla lambë mennai inye ná tarasselyallo lehta, var qualmë mapanye i quáresse Sindarinwa.
-devART- | Please refrain from licking this signature. | "You have the spirit of Braveheart in you!" | LJ
"In Scotland, we have mixed views on global warming. We could just sit on the mountains and watch the English drown."

From: On the wind in the wires. | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Ivy Bush » Which race do you identify with? (Page 1)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help