Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Ivy Bush » middle earth pick up lines (Page 9)
Author Topic: middle earth pick up lines
the lost king
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4098
posted      Profile for the lost king   Author's Homepage   Email the lost king   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Ondo It is funny. Remember its all in good fun. Came you come up with any comedy that doesn't poke fun at someone. There is no such thing. It isn't disrespectful if any thing its the opposite. It creative minds at work. And so what if it isn't constructive it is fun. And thats a good thing. And stop using fancy words trying to impress us. I understand what your saying I just think your taking whats said here way too seriously. RELAX!!!
From: Lameham MD | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lost king
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4098
posted      Profile for the lost king   Author's Homepage   Email the lost king   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Wow 6 days since anyone posted. I hope I didn't kill the thread.
From: Lameham MD | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ShireStrider
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 4279
posted      Profile for ShireStrider   Email ShireStrider   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
From the Return of the King...with apologies to Prof. Tolkien:

Pippin to Bergil:
"....we know some wrestling tricks in my little country. Where, let me tell you, I am considered uncommonly large and strong.."

From: Green Hill Country, South Farthing | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elanor Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3219

posted      Profile for Elanor Gamgee   Email Elanor Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Treebeard to Pippin and Merry:
"I am not very...hmmmmmm......bendable"
*is wholly in favour of a bit of decontextuality

[ 02-04-2004, 10:35 AM: Message edited by: Elanor Gamgee ]

From: Moscow | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sírëlen
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 4226
posted      Profile for Sírëlen   Author's Homepage   Email Sírëlen   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I second that, Elanor!

Sam to Frodo:
Mr. Frodo, you look tired. You should get some rest while the getting is good, if you take my meaning.
Frodo: Alright Sam. For a few hours. But then I'll get up and take my turn at watching.
Sam looks at Frodo, and suddenly a B101 oldies song kicks in.
*Put your head on my shoulder...*
Frodo:..Oh Sam!

Frodo pulls Sam on the Elven boat along the falls of Rauros.
Sam: I made a promise, Mr. Frodo, A promise! Don't you leave him Samwise Gamgee! And I don't mean to...I don't mean to.
Frodo looks at him with a sudden feverish lust.
Frodo: Then don't leave me Sam! Take me! Take me now!
Sam: Mr. Frodo?
Frodo: (Snapping back into reality) Forgive me Sam. I don't know what has gotten into me!

Sam: I know what it is. It's the ring. It's getting..
Frodo: Hornier. uh.. (looks up in a rush) Heavier I mean..heavier!
Sam: Yeah...uh...
Frodo: (Stares blankly) Let's go..
They turn and start paddling toward the Eastern Shore.

[ 02-10-2004, 07:24 AM: Message edited by: Sírëlen ]

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"Twas in the darkest depths of Mordor, I met a girl so fair. But Gollum and the evil one crept up and slipped away with her, yeah." - Led Zeppelin 'Ramble On'

From: The tiniest, puniest, wateriest state in America. Figure it out.. | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Aragorn to Eowyn as he pulls out his sword...

"Its longer and stronger than it used to be..."

From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor The Woodwose
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3503

posted      Profile for The Woodwose   Email The Woodwose   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
From The Hobbit:

I don't suppose the magic is strong enough to hurt you, if you just touch a bit of wet...

"Steady!" said Bilbo, "you have thrown it right into the wood on the other side now. Draw it back carefully.

"That was a good pull, my lads; and a good job that our rope was the stronger."

Bilbo: Half a moment. I gave you a good long chance just now.
Gollum: It must make haste, haste!
Bilbo: Ugh! It is cold and clammy!

My favorite:

What have I got in my pocket? []

Edit: A couple more:

"I will give you a name, and I shall call you Sting!"

"Go on! Go on! I will do the stinging!"

[ 10-25-2004, 06:52 PM: Message edited by: The Woodwose ]

From: I'm a wose darn it! I live in the WOODS!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jango
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 891

posted      Profile for Jango   Email Jango   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[] [] []
From: US Virgin Islands | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor The Woodwose
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3503

posted      Profile for The Woodwose   Email The Woodwose   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Bilbo: I have always understood that dragons were softer underneath, esecially in the region of the -- er -- chest;

[ 01-30-2005, 12:17 PM: Message edited by: The Woodwose ]

From: I'm a wose darn it! I live in the WOODS!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tar-Aldarion
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5396
posted      Profile for Tar-Aldarion   Author's Homepage   Email Tar-Aldarion   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
the ladies in the shire to pippin and merry

ohhh....i that something else has grown too......!!
(wonder what they mean ehemm..)

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
For the less even as for the greater there is some deed that he may accomplish but once only; and in that deed his heart shall rest.

— Fëanor, from the Quenta Silmarillion.

From: Norway | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Gondorian maidens gossiping and giggling as Boromir walks by:

[i]OOoohhhh... I wanna blow his horn!

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
- Bilbo Baggins

"These Lord of the Rings movies must be taken deep into Mordor and cast back into the fiery chasm from whence they came."

Middle Earth Angling Guide

Artwork by Jonathon Earl Bowser

From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joe Stupid KingofBelfalas
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5059
posted      Profile for Joe Stupid KingofBelfalas   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Stupid KingofBelfalas   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Random Woman: They don't call him wormtongue for nothing!
From: Philly | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

Rosie Cotton to Samwise when he got back....

[] "Lets make Hobbits!" []

[ 03-29-2007, 01:56 AM: Message edited by: Snöwdog ]

Roll of Honor Freya
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1558

posted      Profile for Freya   Email Freya   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[] @ Swifty's 4.5 year old joke on page 1 (though also works if Sam says it to Frodo....as well as appealing to certain thematic subtexts)
From: London | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lord Glorfindel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3110

posted      Profile for Lord Glorfindel   Author's Homepage   Email Lord Glorfindel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Snowdog... []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Official God Father Of Lentil
"LG for PM!!!" - CloudStrife
"LG = Lifes Good = Lifes Glorfindel" - Cloudstife (él es mi amigo!)
"LG, you're evil. Just plain evil" - Aermir
"I REALLY must get around to terminating your account LG!" -Wetwang
"You mad blighter" - Gloin the Dark

From: I grew up in Europe, where History is from. | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Captain of Gondor
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5254

posted      Profile for Captain of Gondor   Author's Homepage   Email Captain of Gondor   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
You got a very sick mind Snowdog. [] lol.
From: Ririe, Idaho | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Snowman of Forochel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2150

posted      Profile for Snowman of Forochel   Author's Homepage   Email Snowman of Forochel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
That's why Elora loves him. []
From: New Orleans | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Adulithien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2193

posted      Profile for Adulithien   Email Adulithien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
"Lets make Hobbits!"
The whole let's-make-a-baby thing has always conjured a funny image in my mind. I used to want to make a short film involving 50's kitch cinematography/music and "Bisquick Baby Mix." It would involve a shot of June Cleaver putting the mix in the oven, smiling as she sets a timer, and then a cut to her pulling a pan out of the oven with a baby in it. []

[ 04-03-2007, 11:17 PM: Message edited by: Adulithien ]

From: Austin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

quote:
The whole let's-make-a-baby thing has always conjured a funny image in my mind. I used to want to make a short film involving 50's kitch cinematography/music and "Bisquick Baby Mix." It would involve a shot of June Cleaver putting the mix in the oven, smiling as she sets a timer, and then a cut to her pulling a pan out of the oven with a baby in it.
[]

"What did June say to Ward while making breakfast?"
"Ward, you suuuure were hard on the beav last night!"
quote:
You got a very sick mind Snowdog. [] lol.
Lessee....Sam gets home and marries Rosie, and they had how many hobbit lads and lasses hmmmm??? []

Back on topic...

Eowyn to Faramir in the house of healing...

"Is it twue what they say about the sons of the line of Hurin?"
*zzzzzzzzzzzzzzp*
"Its twue! Its weally weally twue! Mmmmmm....

(excuse my ripping off both Revenge of the Nerds & Blazing Saddles in this post)
[] [] [] []

Captain of Gondor
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5254

posted      Profile for Captain of Gondor   Author's Homepage   Email Captain of Gondor   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
While we are on this subject.

Orcs when they find a mate:

"Let me make you cry with my unusual torture."

Edit: A few more.

Gimli: It's true you never see many dwarf women. That's because they're always busy. With certain things. Eowyn in reply: What? You make them work all day and night on thier house chores, never allowing them a break? You chavinist pigs.

(forgive me, I don't remember how you spell chavinist)

[ 04-06-2007, 09:11 AM: Message edited by: Captain of Gondor ]

From: Ririe, Idaho | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miranthridel Bloom
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3050

posted      Profile for Miranthridel Bloom   Author's Homepage   Email Miranthridel Bloom   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Legolas: Did you know that the elvish language is 80% humming?
*chokes*
Should really re-read this thread more often.

From: HMAS Fire & Ice, Miranistan | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

posted      Profile for Lillianna   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
a couple of if-you-know-what-I-mean's....

Gimli to Galadriel: "I hear these Lothlorien arrows never miss a target....if you know what I mean" []
Celeborn (upon overhearing): "....well....actually..."

Arwen to Aragorn: "I really know how to re-forge those swords...if you know what I mean" []

Aragorn to Arwen: "You really get my Anduin risin'...if you know what I mean!" []

Rosie to Sam: "My pool's leaf-trap is needing some cleaning....if you know what I mean." []

Random Bree person to another: "I hear there's room for one more in that Green Dragon of yours...if you know what I mean" []

[ 04-10-2007, 06:45 PM: Message edited by: Lillianna ]

From: Back to Cali, Cali | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

quote:
Random Bree person to another: "I hear there's room for one more in that Green Dragon of yours...if you know what I mean" []
Did you mean "Random Bree guy to top Bree prostitute:' ??? []
Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

posted      Profile for Lillianna   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I was trying to be more inclusive to the general population of Bree, thank you very much.
From: Back to Cali, Cali | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

[] []
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Ivy Bush » middle earth pick up lines (Page 9)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help