Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Ivy Bush » Where would you live in Middle Earth? (Page 8)
Author Topic: Where would you live in Middle Earth?
Roll of Honor Silmahtar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4806

posted      Profile for Silmahtar   Author's Homepage   Email Silmahtar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Typical pointy-ear.
We do NOT have pointy ears. Those are imposters, and the equivalent of dressing up in 'black-face'. [] []
From: Vinya-Tárilos | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

posted      Profile for Éomer   Email Éomer   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Uh huh. Then what do you call these? ::taps the top of Mak's ear::

Ow! Sharp. []

From: Serenity | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Silmahtar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4806

posted      Profile for Silmahtar   Author's Homepage   Email Silmahtar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Accessorizing...
From: Vinya-Tárilos | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elora Starsong
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2099

posted      Profile for Elora Starsong   Email Elora Starsong   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Can you think of a better place?
Minas Tirith has all those stairs! []

No, give me the open plains of grassed fields, the thrust of untamed mountains and the whisper of water upon the shore of the starlight mere beneath Twilight's soft indigo.

No city of white stone shall hem me in. Give me the wild places of Middle Earth where I may run free over the stone cities of Men in the Third Age or any other.

From: Dancing 'twixt the stars | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silvanis
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4926
posted      Profile for Silvanis   Email Silvanis   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Rohan is the best place to live (comeon open feilds, and Minas Tirith has the crowd of people in the street) Rohan the happiest place on earth
From: i dont know IM LOST!!! | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Elora, that Silvanis is not me.
He must have lifted my name from one of my RPs or my username on other sites.

As for a place to live, well I still favor the Twilight Hills near Lake Evendim. The city of Annúminas would be nice too.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
- Bilbo Baggins

"These Lord of the Rings movies must be taken deep into Mordor and cast back into the fiery chasm from whence they came."

Middle Earth Angling Guide

Artwork by Jonathon Earl Bowser

From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silvanis
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4926
posted      Profile for Silvanis   Email Silvanis   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
hey no i didnt i just came up with the name
From: i dont know IM LOST!!! | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I've used that name in saveral RP and stories since 2000, and is my user name on TTF, so I didn't want my friend thinking you were me.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
- Bilbo Baggins

"These Lord of the Rings movies must be taken deep into Mordor and cast back into the fiery chasm from whence they came."

Middle Earth Angling Guide

Artwork by Jonathon Earl Bowser

From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elora Starsong
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2099

posted      Profile for Elora Starsong   Email Elora Starsong   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, fellas, give poor dumb blonde chick a break!

Two Silvanis-es-is-es?

[] []

Two? Oh boy! Two! [] More for me...... I mean us..... more for us all!

Ok, and now as we seem to favour similar haunts, I'll need some way to tell you two apart. So, gentlement, step this way. A full inspection should illuminate me as to how to tell one from the other... []

From: Dancing 'twixt the stars | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DeniseValkyre
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 4996
posted      Profile for DeniseValkyre   Author's Homepage   Email DeniseValkyre   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hi! I'm new to this group, but I have found that some names are just "out there".

A Search Engine Search turns up some Silvanis-es

About Silvanis Homes - Property in Buckinghamshire, Berkshire, and ... - Some of the testimonials of customers that have bought Silvanis homes - luxury and yet affordable family homes in Buckinghamshire, Berkshire, and Surrey. ...
http://www.silvanishomes.co.uk/about.htm
[More results from www.silvanishomes.co.uk]

Seems to predate this list:
Grimes Marriages in Alabama 1820-1934
Almarinda Nov 25, 1869 Jefferson Grimes, William Herring, Lucinda 1873 Jeffeson Grimes, Adeline Terrill, Silvanis Jan 05, 1845 Lauderdale...

'''
Anyway, I am glad to be here,
I'm sure someone using Valkyre will turn up any minute now!
Denise

From: Magnolia, TX USA | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Incanus
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5034
posted      Profile for Incanus   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I choose Ithilien. After all, I am a ranger of Gondor, and my Captain has been made Steward. I have an obligation to stay in Ithilien. Besides, it's a forest, and I know every inch of it.
From: Minas Tirith | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Incanus
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5034
posted      Profile for Incanus   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I was Hasric, but I changed my name after I thought more. Now, I would choose Rivendell, because I think that I can learn a lot from Elrond. At the moment I live in Orthanc, helping Treebeard to rebuild it to what it once was: a place of beuty, magic, and knowledge.
From: Minas Tirith | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Incanus
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5034
I am a wizard, not a ranger. Hasric (the ranger) was a former embodiment.
Ancalagon
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 5093
posted      Profile for Ancalagon   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I would like to live in Gondolin. or in Rivendell

[ 02-21-2005, 10:17 AM: Message edited by: Ancalagon ]

Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Theoden Horsemaster
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5009
posted      Profile for Theoden Horsemaster   Email Theoden Horsemaster   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
You know where I would like to live? No where. I would like to travel all over Middle-earth. Go and visit Gloin in Erebor, or travel to northern Mirkwood and hang with Thranduil's folk. Sort of like Gandalf. The Grey Wanderer they will call me. Known far and wide and respected by all lords of old, yet not settling anywhere. []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
..The Lord is my Shepherd.....
...Our Father who art in Heaven....
...Hail Mary full of grace.....
....Glory be to the Father......
..I belive in God the Father al...
..Hail Holy Queen Mother of.......

From: Exploring Middle-Earth on my beloved horse Snowmane | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eowyn19
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 5124
posted      Profile for Eowyn19   Email Eowyn19   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
In Rivendell, because I've always thought it was very magical place or perhaps in Rohan, because of its beautiful landscapes.
Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Dread Pirate Roberts
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2117
posted      Profile for The Dread Pirate Roberts   Email The Dread Pirate Roberts   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'm like Theoden. I wouldn't settle.

I'd especially like to travel east and find the Blue Wizards. I bet they've got a story to tell!

From: Blacksburg, VA | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
haymik
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 5115
posted      Profile for haymik   Email haymik   Edit/Delete Post 
hard of course mumakil desert plains what more i could ask for

[ 03-24-2005, 08:08 PM: Message edited by: haymik ]

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
AAGAWAGAGAGAGAGAWAGAGAGWAGSWWAGAA@
GWGAGWGAGWGAGWWGAGGWWAGWGGGGWWWWAA
AGGAWAGGAA BALROG BALROG BALRG NOW

From: harad | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Sauron's Secret Agent
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

posted      Profile for Sauron's Secret Agent   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
what more i could ask for

The ability to punctuate, for starters.

And you could fix your sig so it doesn't distort every page on which you use it.

[]

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Queen of Grammar with King Marcho.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by...

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.

Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alatar the Wizard
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5315

posted      Profile for Alatar the Wizard   Author's Homepage   Email Alatar the Wizard   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'd especially like to travel east and find the Blue Wizards. I bet they've got a story to tell!

You've got that right!

And I'd vacation in Rivendell, when I could get the chance. I'd consider Lorien, but I don't enjoy being a stumble away from a long tumble. []

From: South Forodwaith | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

I was thinking a high-rise condo in the rebuilt Annuminas would be great, provided there was a top-notch pub on the ground floor.
Tigranes
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 9076
posted      Profile for Tigranes   Email Tigranes   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Nice thread. There are many beautiful places in Middle-Earth, so it's kinda hard to choose. Hm perhaps Rivendell, because it's got scenic beauty, excellent comfort and great people to talk to... []
From: anywhere | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarah the Good Witch
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11219
posted      Profile for Sarah the Good Witch   Email Sarah the Good Witch   Edit/Delete Post 
No question about it: Dol Amroth.
From: Vancouver | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Ivy Bush » Where would you live in Middle Earth? (Page 8)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help