Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Ivy Bush » Where would you live in Middle Earth? (Page 6)
Author Topic: Where would you live in Middle Earth?
Eledhsúle
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1980

posted      Profile for Eledhsúle   Author's Homepage   Email Eledhsúle   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Lothlórien, the home of the Elves, then ofcourse from time to time I would travel to Rivendell to find my soul mate []
Oh, I'm a romantic person, no guestion there...

From: Finland | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Manveri
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1806

posted      Profile for Manveri   Author's Homepage   Email Manveri   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I have the same opinion. I would live in Lothlórien, but I would travel to Rivendell and also The Black Florest to visit my friend Legolas []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"Yet my heart loves December`s smile /As much as July`s golden beam;/ Then let us sit and watch the while/ The blue ice curdling on the stream"
(Emily Jane Brontë)
~Newt chicks kick ass~

From: Brazil, São Paulo City | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calenwilerin
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 2770
posted      Profile for Calenwilerin   Author's Homepage   Email Calenwilerin   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'd probably want to live with my love Legolas in Mirkwood, visiting you all in Lothlorien and Rivendell of course.
From: Somewhere inside my head-scary place to be | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jango
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 891

posted      Profile for Jango   Email Jango   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I still say Sauron's dungeon.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"Sonofabitch I'm sick of these dolphins." ~Steve Zissou

From: US Virgin Islands | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Legolas Tw.
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3097

posted      Profile for Legolas Tw.   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Merkwood, Rivendel, or the Lorien,
But espesily Merkwood, to see Legolas!

[ 01-15-2003, 04:11 PM: Message edited by: Legolas Tw. ]

From: The moon...Come visit me some time! Plenty of chocolate, the moon is made of it! | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
faithy gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2708

posted      Profile for faithy gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email faithy gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
it's alo spelled mirkwood see don't call me fool of a took,fool of a prince of mirkwood. anywho back to the point i say the shire or as orlando bloom once said shrire.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"your sig is too long"- wgw
"huh?"-faith mauk
this one time, i thought i saw a u.f.o., but it was just a plane, so i waved at it.

From: under a pointy hat. | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eledhsúle
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1980

posted      Profile for Eledhsúle   Author's Homepage   Email Eledhsúle   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
When you learn to spell correctly, then you may criticize other people for misspelling.
From: Finland | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Sauron's Secret Agent
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

posted      Profile for Sauron's Secret Agent   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
*endorses Eled's post*

You may both also like to consider learning how to use the shift key on your keyboard; and to re-acquaint yourselves with the accepted rules of grammar and punctuation.

Then everyone will be much happier. []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Queen of Grammar with King Marcho.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by...

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.

Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BalrogsGuardTheSilmarils
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 2988
posted      Profile for BalrogsGuardTheSilmarils   Email BalrogsGuardTheSilmarils   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Bree,

The Prancing Pony is most like my local.

Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gimli son of Glóin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1863

posted      Profile for Gimli son of Glóin   Email Gimli son of Glóin   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Ithilien. The climate there is not too hot, and not too cool. Plus, I'd like to have access to the Window on the West whenever I want. Since Mordor is now evil-free, the prospect of living on its outside slopes doesn't sound too bad.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
If life would be fair, then all of us would go to hell. But life is not fair, for we all have the chance to go to heaven through Jesus.

From: Wisconsin | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Adulithien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2193

posted      Profile for Adulithien   Email Adulithien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
My problem is that I can't stay in one place. Lothlórien would be my first choice, as I have greatest love for the Elves, and this is the greatest sanctuary of Elvenkind in ME.

I'd love the otherworldly beauty, the peace and the communion with Nature. But I cannot be happy without constant learning, and some honest work, too. Rivendell was certainly the "lore center," since Elrond lived there; I'd have to visit once in a while.

I think there's more mystery to Lórien, as well...

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
No fighting in this thread-- take it outside!
All your insights are appreciated here

From: Austin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elaron of the Wild
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 3133
posted      Profile for Elaron of the Wild   Email Elaron of the Wild   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I would like to live in Rivendell because that seems to be that place where all races came together
Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Dunadan
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3109

posted      Profile for The Dunadan   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
The beautiful, green, peacful Shire! One of the best places in Middle Earth.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king.

From: The middle of nowhere (well, Eastern Kansas is pretty close) | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Peregrin Took
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1176

posted      Profile for Peregrin Took   Email Peregrin Took   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Why have I not posted here before? hmm... oh well.

Most deffinately the shire for this hobbit. More than likely the Great Smials, Tuckborough.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Support cows named Bob, if you don't who will?
Save a Cow, eat a Chicken!

From: Upstate NY | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Imby
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2990

posted      Profile for Imby   Email Imby   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Rivendell or the Shire. I also have a thing for Beorn's home (minus the bees, of course!). []
Jin Kazama
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 3190
posted      Profile for Jin Kazama   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I would hate living in the shire. Always having to bend down in a hobbits house. I would like to live in Rohan or Gondor.Then travel to Rivndell. Then to go see the dwarves.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
His quiet words fade into the night's chill, yet they burn into his listeners' minds with all the power of a thousand suns.

From: Japan..(Really in the USA) | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alakturien
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 3235
posted      Profile for Alakturien   Edit/Delete Post 
Lórien or Mirkwood. I like trees.
From: Lothlorien(I wish) | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lostfiniel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2983

posted      Profile for Lostfiniel   Email Lostfiniel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Now that I think about it I think I would fit in best at Bree...
From: Carlsbad, California | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Ice Queen
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2648

posted      Profile for The Ice Queen   Email The Ice Queen   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Orodruin......why? I have no clue the name just sounds... interesting..and mysterious.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
*Ice*
~Listen to the pretty voices in my head. They're telling me to tell you to jump off a cliff.

From: my computer | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Estel Elessar
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 2989
posted      Profile for Estel Elessar   Email Estel Elessar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'd live in Minas Tirith!
From: Italy | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Snaga
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2945

posted      Profile for Snaga   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Grey Havens for sure - got to have a quick escape!
From: Mordor - upper east side | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lembas Baker, Inc
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2949
posted      Profile for Lembas Baker, Inc   Edit/Delete Post 
Why, I DO live in Middle Earth! But more like Gandalf lived in Middle Earth. Some time at the Grey Havens, a little time in the Shire, Rivendel, Lothlorien, a talk with Bombadil, a chat with Treebeard, a smoke and a brew in Bree. I do like vinyards though, so I'd have to visit my blue counterparts at Rhun in the spring. Ahhh! It's good to be well liked. Hospitality at its finest.
Master of Doom
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3204
posted      Profile for Master of Doom   Email Master of Doom   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'd like to live in Arnor, where my forefatehrs ruled, but I would also have a vacation home in Minas Tirith, ya know, to keep the South Kingdom in check and all.
From: Philadelphia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tar-Minastir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4001

posted      Profile for Tar-Minastir   Email Tar-Minastir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
*Blows dust off thread*

I need to live somewhere with mountains. The vicinity of Taniquetil would suit me just fine, yet somehow I don't think i'm allowed to do that. So i'll settle for a nice cottage on the slopes of the Ered Nimrais.

From: Vermont | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pelranius
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4629
posted      Profile for Pelranius   Email Pelranius   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'd like to live at the Grey Havens or Pelagir. Maybe Dol Amroth, or whereever the Rangers set up shop in Eriador.
From: Brunswick, Maine | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Ivy Bush » Where would you live in Middle Earth? (Page 6)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help