Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Ivy Bush » Where would you live in Middle Earth? (Page 3)
Author Topic: Where would you live in Middle Earth?
Julin the Archer
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 1325
posted      Profile for Julin the Archer   Author's Homepage   Email Julin the Archer   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Some where in the Shire.
From: Crowley | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eriol
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 1299
posted      Profile for Eriol   Email Eriol   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
FarmerGiles beat me to it! Umbar's definitely the place to be.
Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yavanna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 560

posted      Profile for Yavanna   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Lorien of course, or maybe Id settle for Valinor...

~Yavanna

From: Ontario, Canada and TORC | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Thorondor
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 438
posted      Profile for Thorondor   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I actually prefer Gandalf's approach. Just move around, visiting each spot for a bit and then moving on.
From: The Vale of Silicon | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
melian the maia
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 1338
posted      Profile for melian the maia   Email melian the maia   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
i think i would like to visit all places and then probably settle at rivendell or lothlorien, or maybe a comfortable hobbit-hole...
From: doriath | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Galion The Tipsy Butler
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1152

posted      Profile for Galion The Tipsy Butler   Email Galion The Tipsy Butler   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I think I would make a nice apartment at Henneth Annûn.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"There's been talk of some strange folk about. Can't be too careful."

Urp!

From: The Castle ...Aaaaaarrrrrg! | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Turambar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1168

posted      Profile for Turambar   Author's Homepage   Email Turambar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I want to live in Nùmenor, but, as it has sunken in the ocean, I'll settle for Minas Anor.
Why? It has the potential to become a White stronghold again, now the power of Mordor has been reduced to zero.

If anyone wants to help me make it beautiful again, please do. The more, the merrier.

Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dwarfed
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 732
posted      Profile for Dwarfed   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Townhouse in Rivendell with a hammock on the deck, a cozy hole in Woody End with a plastic flamingo on the lawn, and a condo at the Grey Havens with a view, stained driftwood grey.

Figure I can be Activities Director in the Shire during the spring. What say a game of croquette?

Any elves stick around for a bout of volleyball?

[ 01-01-2002: Message edited by: Dwarfed ]

From: LA, CA USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor theWhiteLady
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1409

posted      Profile for theWhiteLady   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Rohan!! because I love horses!
From: Tennessee | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1419

posted      Profile for Sam Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I would live in a place with friends,
Green grass and huge trees,
and little rivers next to medows full of flowers.
Where there is always food and drink.
Where I can converse with Pip, Merry, and Frodo.
Safe in my little(not really) hobbit hole,
with it's cherry door and brass knoker

Some say that I am the quite type,
but what I would give to run around in the fields
Of the Shire.

From: Gamwich | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Swift Asfaloth
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1435

posted      Profile for Swift Asfaloth   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
South Plains-dweller that I am, I'd have to choose Rohan. I'd love to visit Lothlorien and Fangorn, but I'm too claustrophobic to live either place. No caves either. Give me lots of room to run!
From: Calenardhon | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grundin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1442
posted      Profile for Grundin   Email Grundin   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I would aid the dwarves in the recolonization and rebuilding of Khazah-Dum. Think about it, the middel of everything. Lothlorien on one side, Hollin on the other. Rohan is closealong with the dwarven colony of Aglarond. Perfect place to live.
From: Upstate NY | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
radagasttoo
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1354

posted      Profile for radagasttoo   Author's Homepage   Email radagasttoo   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Radagast's Bestiary
Lothlorien and Rivendell had to be beautiful, but I find (in my old age), I'd prefer the gentle, uncluttered life of The Shire (kind of a Mayberry kind of place).

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
All your base are belong to us!

From: Rhosgobel (Just around the corner from Mirkwood) | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Madmartigan
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1291
posted      Profile for Madmartigan   Email Madmartigan   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Well, if I had to settle down in one place...

Gondor! Gondor! Between the Mountains and the Sea...

Gondor is the place for me! :-)

From: Houston | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Ecthelion of the Fountain
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 955
posted      Profile for Ecthelion of the Fountain   Email Ecthelion of the Fountain   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
well after the king came back to the northern realm,,, i think weathertop could use some fixing up, id might it tighter than a dwarfs purse,,, it is called weathertop, so im assuming itd rain a bit, the area around bree reminds me of what i picture ireland to look like, plus if i get bored i can have dinner with tom or go bar hopping in the shire, drink all those little boys under the table
From: seattle, wa, usa | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Turambar-
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 1511
posted      Profile for -Turambar-   Email -Turambar-   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
My initial choice was Angmar...I hear they have some fine tacos there. But, since we seem to be concentrating on post War of the Ring...

A nice secluded cabin in the Hills of Evendim...overlooking the lake. Fornost is fairly close...the ocean isn't too awful far...mountains close by...and, as mentioned before...it seems the most similiar in climate to the Great Pacific North West .

Jason

From: Lebanon, OR | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Princess Oriona
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1547

posted      Profile for Princess Oriona   Author's Homepage   Email Princess Oriona   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
i would live in Rivendell cuz it is so beautiful... or any place legolas was..
Princess Oriona

From: Rivendell | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tace
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 1578
posted      Profile for tace   Author's Homepage   Email tace   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Lórien. Need I say more?
From: australia | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tar-Palantir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1422
posted      Profile for Tar-Palantir   Email Tar-Palantir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I think I'd take up with the beornings, if they'd let me; some place between the Misty Mountains and Mirkwood. Rivendell's not too far, Thranduil's realm and Erebor are just through the woods, and that road could use some repair too, if I'm not mistaken. You're right on the Anduin for trips to Gondor, Rohan, Lorien, and the Sea if you wish.

I love the mountains and the forest both, so that's the obvious choice for me.

From: North Shore | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evenspire
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 689
posted      Profile for Evenspire   Email Evenspire   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
A treehouse...not necessarily in Lothlorien. Maybe halfway between the Shire and the Grey Havens...open up an inn for the elves. Who knows what they'd have to trade.
From: U | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marille
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 1557
posted      Profile for Marille   Edit/Delete Post 
I'd live Rivendell I believe, or if not there probably the Shire.
From: USA | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Finarfin
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 1734
posted      Profile for Finarfin   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Forests of Harad...just to find out what the heck's down there!
From: Erie, PA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arwen Undómiel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1638

posted      Profile for Arwen Undómiel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I think definately Lorien . . . I love the woods, and Lothlorien's no normal place!
From: the Great White North | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arwen Undómiel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1638

posted      Profile for Arwen Undómiel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Personally I think the Shire sounds pretty boring . . . what with all those stupid gossiping uninteresting hobbits! Like how they talked about Bilbo's disappearance for over 100 years . . .
From: the Great White North | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Malgilwen
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1121

posted      Profile for Malgilwen   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
How dare you mock the hobbit folk and their land!!!!!!!!!
*BANG*
*BANG*
*BANG*

From: New Jersey!!!!!!!!!!!! | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Ivy Bush » Where would you live in Middle Earth? (Page 3)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help