Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Ivy Bush » Where would you live in Middle Earth? (Page 2)
Author Topic: Where would you live in Middle Earth?
Roll of Honor Gandalf the White
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 295

posted      Profile for Gandalf the White   Email Gandalf the White   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Ugh, I would never live in Moria! That would be horrid!
From: Georgia, USA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narwen
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 983

posted      Profile for Narwen   Email Narwen   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
In Middle Earth proper, Imladris. As Bilbo said "the fire's very cosy here, and the food's very good, and there are Elves when you want them. What more could one want ?"

If all of Arda were included, Tirion,where else ?

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Nârwen of the House of Fëanor

Ind ped an ind
"Say this to Manwe Sulimo,High King of Arda:if Fëanor cannot overthrow Morgoth,at least he delays not to assail him,and sits not idle in grief. And it may be that Eru has set in me a fire greater than thou knowest.Such hurt at the least will I do to the Foe of the Valar that even the Mighty in the Ring of Doom shall wonder to hear it.Yea,in the end they shall follow me.Farewell!"

From: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Mandin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 415

posted      Profile for Mandin   Author's Homepage   Email Mandin   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I also would live in Rivendell. There's some sort of quote - I believe its from the hobbit - that sais something to the effect of: If you want to sleep or to work or to sing or hear tales or to eat, or a combination of all these, then this is the best spot for it.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"For if you love those who love you, what reward have you? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? And if you greet your brethren only, what do you do more than others? Do not even the tax collectors do so? Therefore you shall be perfect just as your Father in heaven is perfect."
~Jesus, Matthew 5:46-48

From: Houston, Missouri | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nyneve
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 847
posted      Profile for Nyneve   Email Nyneve   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Perhaps I would choose Rivendell for the peacefulness, or the Gray Havens or Belfalas because of the ocean. But I must say that I would probably choose the northeastern section of Greenwood (Mirkwood, in more peaceful days) near the shores of Long Lake. For I picture it to be similar to where I live now.
From: The Lady of the Lake | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lord Mithrandir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 978

posted      Profile for Lord Mithrandir   Email Lord Mithrandir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Rivendell

That place RULES

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
I am still awesome.

From: Olympia, WA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valcurudîn
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 996
posted      Profile for Valcurudîn   Author's Homepage   Email Valcurudîn   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Since I'm from Norway, I would probably want to live somewhere that reminded me about home. I live in the forests of the inland, so no fjords for me, I'd prefer living near a forest... I think I'd choose Fangorn. Then I could have a talk with old Treebeard, and I think he would like that, because I'm not wery hasty myself :)
From: Rena, Norway | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rothrandir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1087
posted      Profile for Rothrandir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
If i had my choice, i would choose to reside in the valley of Rivendell and the last of homely homes, for there, whatever it is that you like, you will find it there. Also the house of Beorn wouldn't be a bad summer-home.
From: The Void | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 295

posted      Profile for Gandalf the White   Email Gandalf the White   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Seems like most people like Rivendell...
From: Georgia, USA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Socrates
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 1085
posted      Profile for Socrates   Author's Homepage   Email Socrates   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'd have to go with Rohan, more specifically, right outside the Glittering Caves. I've seen the Carlsbad Caverns in real life, and I have no doubt the Glittering Caves would put them to shame.
What natural beauty, and fruits of the earth could be experienced there!! With the wide open, free fields of the Rohirrim!! Can't be beat, and it's a short jaunt to Fangorn...

From: Dallas, TX | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 295

I think the glittering caves would be nice to visit, but I would NEVER be able to stay in a cave for very long. I would sooner die
Adanedhel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1011

posted      Profile for Adanedhel   Email Adanedhel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I would have to say that the best place to live would be Lothlorien, or Minas Tirith
From: Hithlum (Dor-Lomin) | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arda
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1019

posted      Profile for Arda   Author's Homepage   Email Arda   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
1- Arnor
2- Dol Amroth
3- Ithilien

From: Madrid - SPAIN | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altarial
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1103

posted      Profile for Altarial   Email Altarial   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I would definitely live in Lothlorien. What else would be better? It's gotta be the most peaceful and ultimately beautiful place in all of ME. The descriptions Tolkien uses are the most enchanting out of any books I've ever read. I can only hope that Peter Jackson will read between the lines and make it as beautiful as it actually is in all of our imaginations.

I suppose it's the place where Altáriál would live anyway. For those of you who are clueless about the name, Altáriál is Galadriel's Quenya name!

From: Canada | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Perfalaswen
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1115
posted      Profile for Perfalaswen   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I would live in Grey Havens, with frequent visits to Lothlorien.

Grey Havens wins b/c of the ocean and the sailing . I love to sail.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Children, children, don't forget
There are elves and fairies yet;
Where the knotty hawthorn grows
Look for prints of fairy toes.
Where the grassy rings are green
Moonlight dances shall be seen.

From: The Grey Havens :-) | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Witch King of Angmar7
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 605
posted      Profile for Witch King of Angmar7   Email Witch King of Angmar7   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
i'd live in the shire
From: USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meril-i-Turinqui
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1129
posted      Profile for Meril-i-Turinqui   Author's Homepage   Email Meril-i-Turinqui   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
The sea, it would be, always the sea.
The Grey Havens to wait for a ship to sail to the West.

From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Erati
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 735
posted      Profile for Erati   Email Erati   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
MORIA RULES it has all those passage's and hall all that other stuff, if i couldn't live there i would live like Strider, always roaming

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie I am Doomed die.

From: USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orofacion of the Vanyar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1166

posted      Profile for Orofacion of the Vanyar   Email Orofacion of the Vanyar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
It's not fair to have to stick with strictly ME, but i would say Dol Amroth cause you have the mountains and the sea close, if i had my choice of anywhere at all, Gondolin by far.
From: Cincinnati, OH | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orofacion of the Vanyar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1166

posted      Profile for Orofacion of the Vanyar   Email Orofacion of the Vanyar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
It's not fair to have to stick with strictly ME, but i would say Dol Amroth cause you have the mountains and the sea close, if i had my choice of anywhere at all, Gondolin by far.
From: Cincinnati, OH | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Erati
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 735
posted      Profile for Erati   Email Erati   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
whats with the posts that say the same thing?

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie I am Doomed die.

From: USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Mad Uncle Rupert
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1148

posted      Profile for Mad Uncle Rupert   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Not Moria or Hobbiton because I'd be constantly banging me head

Not at Rivendell because the singin' would drive me batty

Not Gondor because they have they're too uptight

I'd say in the Halls of the Elvenking, because they really know how to PAR-TY!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Shaka!

From: Playing softball with the Nazarenes | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Star
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1041
posted      Profile for Star   Email Star   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I would choose Rivendell, but if we are assuming after the destruction of the ring, it will be fading. I'd like to live in the Shire but also travel around quite a bit. I'd go see Fangorn and Minas Tirith and the Glittering Caves and Mirkwood and Oh everywhere. Could you settle in one place in Middle Earth knowing the other places existed without wanting to see them all?
From: Sammamish, WA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 295

Ahhh Perfalaswen is hot AND loves the Grey Havens too! Does it get any better?!?
Arathoron
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1114
posted      Profile for Arathoron   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
a nice hobbithole in the Shire, with a pipe and some beer, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FarmerGiles
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 1321
posted      Profile for FarmerGiles   Edit/Delete Post 
Somewhere around the Havens of Umbar, I think, would be nice. It's on the ocean, the weather's balmy. I bet you can get a nice tan there. Real estate is bound to be cheap. And once those Corsairs are driven out by King Elessar, prices are bound to shoot right up!
From: New York NY | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Ivy Bush » Where would you live in Middle Earth? (Page 2)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help