Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library

Minas Tirith Forums » Minas Tirith Site Announcements » Minas Tirith's 16th Anniversary !
Author Topic: Minas Tirith's 16th Anniversary !
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

posted      Profile for White Gold Wielder   Author's Homepage   Email White Gold Wielder   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
 -

May 21 – 25 is our anniversary. Stop by and say hi!

Things have been slooow. We haven't had a new citizen in quite a while. However, we do have some nice, thoughtful literary posts from time to time, and that is what counts.

I've been working on getting the hosting fees down to reasonable level. My host got bought out, and the new company is still charging me the old rate, even though it's twice what their own rate is! If I have to shake things up and switch hosts, I'll keep everyone aware of any possible downtime.

Anyway, my family is doing fine. Hope all of yours are too.

Cheers!
WGW

From: Chicago | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Fingolfin of the Noldor
Captain of Avatars
Citizen # 156

posted      Profile for Fingolfin of the Noldor   Author's Homepage   Email Fingolfin of the Noldor   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hey WGW! Long time no see! Glad to hear all is well!

These days most of my time is spent on science split between my job (biochemistry and data-science of cancer) and my website (infographics for biomedical scientists: Practically Science ).

That said, I have been watching Game of Thrones which has proven an time-economical way to scratch my old Tolkien-itch. In fact! just a couple days ago I combined my design skills w/ my GoT interest and made a GoT vs 'Ancient History' Timeline which reminded me of my old Tolkien projects and what inspired me to stop by (coincidentally on the anniversary!):

-

From: Worcester, MA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Anniversary, MT! []

I've been a slow poster myself lately - I sometimes lurk, though, and it is indeed good that there still are some good literary posts around.

MT was my first internet discussion board. This is also where I learnt RPGing, which often brought me to the HoME books for research. I wouldn't have known as much of the Who's Who of Silmarillion if not for that.

Good to hear that you intend to keep it running, WGW! []

From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Annuversary Minas Tirith! Has it been 16 years?

Cheers to you and your family WGW! []

From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Happy 16th!
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
....and we thought the city may have fallen after its 17th anniversary. Thanks Much WGW for restoring the place!
From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aiwrendel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 965

posted      Profile for Aiwrendel   Author's Homepage   Email Aiwrendel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
The city will never fall with so many good citizens guarding it.

(And the generosity of our Steward, WGW The First.)

Thanks, WGW!

From: Chicago USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 

From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, thank you WGW; we really appreciate you keeping the old place running. It still means so much - so many great friends made in this place!
[] [] []

From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor The DarkQueen Iauraearien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

posted      Profile for The DarkQueen Iauraearien   Author's Homepage   Email The DarkQueen Iauraearien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Great to see the City repaired after the siege. Thanks WGW! []
From: Mordor | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
faithfull
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11417

posted      Profile for faithfull   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[]
What she said, just above. []

From: East of the sun, West of the moon | Registered: Oct 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

[]
What the shes said, just above. []

Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe be it's a little weird, but two of my dearest and most beloved friends in the entire world were made in this place, and were not people I was close to immediately. One of them I see a few times a year (not enough) and the other even lived with me for a little while (and was best roomie EVAR) and without MT I never would have had these amazeballs people in my life and I am SO LUCKY.

I have also been privileged to meet and befriend other people from the board and now I'm getting nostalgic and want to throw another improbable and ridiculous party with curry and tequila and post-it notes AND WETTY SO HELP ME DO NOT MAKE ME COME DOWN AND GET YOU BECAUSE I WILL.

Each of our lives is a tapestry, and the people we share it with are threads upon it, and I feel very fortunate to have had so many bright threads gathered from this most unlikely of places.

From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Couldn't have put it better. []
(You'll notice I didn't try. [] )

I'm all for a new party ! [] YAY. [] Especially an improbable and ridiculous one ! []

From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

I actually have a budget hotel within walking distance of my house (and no motorways to cross now) so it could be done.
Wetwang
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1508

posted      Profile for Wetwang   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I would never turn down a lift []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Keep the earth under your feet, & clay on your fingers; wisdom in your bones, & have both eyes open!
That's Mr Wang™ to you!
This place would be a paradise tomorrow if every department had a supervisor with a submachine gun.

This bog is thick and easy...

From: West Sussex UK, well on the seafront in Bognor Regis actually! | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

I'm not picking you up from the Bog of Eternal Stench. Last time you exposed me to chicken pox. []
Wetwang
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1508

posted      Profile for Wetwang   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
That I did! []
You didn't take the bloody things away from me though did you!? []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Keep the earth under your feet, & clay on your fingers; wisdom in your bones, & have both eyes open!
That's Mr Wang™ to you!
This place would be a paradise tomorrow if every department had a supervisor with a submachine gun.

This bog is thick and easy...

From: West Sussex UK, well on the seafront in Bognor Regis actually! | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

Don't worry, I'm sure I acted as a Typhoid Mary and carried it back to the wilds of Leicestershire. []
Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » Minas Tirith Site Announcements » Minas Tirith's 16th Anniversary !
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help