Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library

Minas Tirith Forums » Minas Tirith Site Announcements » Minas Tirith's 15th Anniversary !!!
Author Topic: Minas Tirith's 15th Anniversary !!!
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

posted      Profile for White Gold Wielder   Author's Homepage   Email White Gold Wielder   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
 -

May 21 – 25 is our anniversary. Stop by and say hi!

Man, 15 years... Doesn't seem that long.

It was a calmer year, with even less weirdness than last year. A steady trickle of new citizens has kept things interesting.

The last of the Hobbit films is finally behind us. It seems a million years since we were all cautiously awaiting The Fellowship. I for one am glad the movie era is over. The films are shallow pools, but the books have depths yet to be discovered!

The heirs are 11 and 7 with birthdays coming up during the summer. Might see if my youngest wants to tackle The Hobbit soon. Like his brother, he's a reader advanced beyond his years.

Anyway, thanks to everyone who hangs around and drops by from time to time. Can't wait for some of you to start bringing some 2nd generations by!

Cheers!
WGW

From: Chicago | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Anniversary Minas Tirith!

Cheers to WGW for putting up with me here for most of the last 15 years!

quote:
"The last of the Hobbit films is finally behind us"
Thank goodness! May we get back to the literary greatness that is J.R.R. Tolkien's Middle Earth creation and let the banality that was PJ's big-budget movie fan-fics of that world be relegated to the rubbish bin. []
From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meliverindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2830

posted      Profile for Meliverindë   Author's Homepage   Email Meliverindë   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
*Stops by and says hi!*

[]

From: Italy | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aiwrendel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 965

posted      Profile for Aiwrendel   Author's Homepage   Email Aiwrendel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Whoops. Almost missed this thread. I need to be more attentive when down south.

WGW, thanks for keeping this place up and running! [] And thanks to all for coming here to POST. []

A couple months before the release of The Fellowship movie I registered here after many months of lurking because I wanted to join the serious discussions of Tolkien’s works I had quietly enjoyed in the past. It’s been great and I hope we can get back to talking about the REAL THING instead of convoluted renderings by a group of clueless and talentless fools. Wow. That was harsher than I intended. Um. []

Mentioning the end of the movie era brought to mind Thingol's scary post about Farmer Giles of Ham in this thread. []

From: Chicago USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
It is nice to see this place still alive and chugging on many years after it's days of pop culture.
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beorming
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4456
posted      Profile for Beorming   Email Beorming   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
15 years! Brilliant. Glad to see MT is still here. Reassuring to find things I discussed so long ago still available to return to!
From: halfway up Perrot's Folly | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
A couple months before the release of The Fellowship movie I registered here after many months of lurking because I wanted to join the serious discussions of Tolkien’s works I had quietly enjoyed in the past.
I had also been lurking for many months when I finally joined, about the time of the release of The Return of the King. I missed the first years, but got to be part of some busy years before things slowed down, and still means to hang around and post occasionally.

Thank you for keeping the place going, WGW! It's good to be able to come back here to talk to other Tolkien fans/fanatics []

From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
So.... let's get this party started! [] [] [] []
From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
faithfull
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11417

posted      Profile for faithfull   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[] Hurray for all of us! [] What a lovely gift. [] [] [] [] (this board has the funniest icons) []
Wait, what? There's a limit per post? [] *hates editing out perfectly good icons*

From: East of the sun, West of the moon | Registered: Oct 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

..... and we're coming up on the 16th in a few months. Way to go WGW!
Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » Minas Tirith Site Announcements » Minas Tirith's 15th Anniversary !!!
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help