Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library

Minas Tirith Forums » Minas Tirith Site Announcements » Minas Tirith's 14th Anniversary !!!
Author Topic: Minas Tirith's 14th Anniversary !!!
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

posted      Profile for White Gold Wielder   Author's Homepage   Email White Gold Wielder   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
 -

May 21 – 25 is our anniversary. Stop by and say hi!

It was a calm year, with little weirdness. A bit of a ruckus here and there, but we persevered.

My oldest son is almost done with Return of the King. There is a lot for us to talk about, but I can't really get into it with him until he's finished. I also said he might want to become a citizen (now that he knows what Minas Tirith is), so stay tuned for that.

Anyway, cheers!
WGW

From: Chicago | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor The DarkQueen Iauraearien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

posted      Profile for The DarkQueen Iauraearien   Author's Homepage   Email The DarkQueen Iauraearien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[] Happy Anniversary! []

May the White City continue and flourish! []

From: Mordor | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gollum Gollum
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11392

posted      Profile for Gollum Gollum   Email Gollum Gollum   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[] Happy Anniversary! [] []
(probably newbies shouldn't post here, but never mind [] )
btw: it's also my MT birthday today []

From: Cave in the Misty Mountains | Registered: May 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Happy anniversary MT!
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mithrennaith
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5239
posted      Profile for Mithrennaith   Author's Homepage   Email Mithrennaith   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Anniversary, WGW and all fellow citizens!

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
I am in too great doubt to rule. To prepare or to let be? To prepare for war, which is yet only guessed: train craftsmen and tillers in the midst of peace for bloodspilling and battle: put iron in the hands of greedy captains who will love only conquest, and count the slain as their glory? Will they say to Eru: At least your enemies were amongst them? Or to fold hands, while friends die unjustly: let men live in blind peace, until the ravisher is at the gate? What then will they do: match naked hands against iron and die in vain, or flee leaving the cries of women behind them? Will they say to Eru: At least I spilled no blood?
'When either way may lead to evil, of what worth is choice? Let the Valar rule under Eru!
- Tar Meneldur [UT 2 II:173-174]

From: Amsterdam, Netherlands | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belthronding
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5113
posted      Profile for Belthronding   Email Belthronding   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Yes yes. Happy happy.
From: Boston, MA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Anniversary! []

It's good to see that even if there is not the same amount of activity as there was some years ago, there are still interesting and insightful discussions going on.

And good to hear that the next generation may soon join us, too []

From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Anniversary Minas Tirith!
Thank you White Gold Weilder for 14 years of great entertainment!

From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aiwrendel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 965

posted      Profile for Aiwrendel   Author's Homepage   Email Aiwrendel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
*from the better late than never department*

Happy Anniversary!

The quantity of posts here is lessened but the quality of the posts and the citizens is still the highest!

Thanks, WGW and everyone!

From: Chicago USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Fourteen Years deserves 14 Ales! Only the finest for the White City! []
From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I think I just had them [] But not at one pub I go to a lot, but sadly recently hasn't had much beer.
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

How does a pub not have beer?

So happy 14½ anniversary! []

Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

Sadly, quite a lot of pubs, and particularly bars have no beer. They have plenty of alcohol, larger of various forms, wines, spirits but often not much in the way of cask ale, and my local did this year go through a phrase of only having one beer and that was not a very good one, hence me saying it had no beer. Fortunately it isn't too bad at the moment but I am not a great fan of lager. I will drink it if necessary and I suppose the stronger stuff isn't that bad, but I prefer beer! Oh, and I suppose that as it is the 14 1/2 anniversary of MT another pint is in order!
Aiwrendel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 965

posted      Profile for Aiwrendel   Author's Homepage   Email Aiwrendel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
What's the difference between a pub and bar?

Sorry for the "stupid American" question.
[]

From: Chicago USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

A Pub With No Beer??? Unheard of!
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

Just think if history had gone slightly,the other way. This site was very nearly pop culture at its height. This place might have gone like Facebook. 500 million accounts, mentioned in the News, had a film mad of it and undergone a few face lifts for the modern social media age. I don't think it would have been any better, though!
Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » Minas Tirith Site Announcements » Minas Tirith's 14th Anniversary !!!
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help