Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3 
Minas Tirith Forums » Minas Tirith Site Announcements » Minas Tirith's 13th Anniversary !!! (Page 2)
Author Topic: Minas Tirith's 13th Anniversary !!!
Roll of Honor Sauron's Secret Agent
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

posted      Profile for Sauron's Secret Agent   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I missed the anniversary? [] It's so long since that Japanese web site led me here....

Well, this year has been somewhat fraught so I forgive myself.

Happy Anniversary MT. Lang mae yer lum reek!

Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
It;s Ok Sauron's SA, the last 11 of the 13 years wouldn't have been nearly as entertaining had you not been a part of it. []
From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Looks like Matt and Lyra are not responding to your wind-ups, Snowy! I guess they are both on facebook now. I wonder if they have blocked each other, though?
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Lol! Don't know. They came here to break up and each marry someone else, then left.
From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I think Lyra was last here a couple of years ago. Matt even longer ago than that.
From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

A nice 13th Anniversary note is we have had in our presence a Film4 Editor and TV presenter, and a couple published authors!
Belthronding
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5113
posted      Profile for Belthronding   Email Belthronding   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Great to see the White City still shining.

Like many here, MT has become a sort of fixed compass point in my life, a place unmarked by time it seems, while the rest of the world chugs along.

Maybe we should rename it Lothlorien?

From: Boston, MA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

posted      Profile for White Gold Wielder   Author's Homepage   Email White Gold Wielder   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Lol! That's actually pretty fitting as time marches on. Never thought of that.
From: Chicago | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

I'm just happy you keep it working and its the same as the day I joined! []
Roll of Honor The DarkQueen Iauraearien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

posted      Profile for The DarkQueen Iauraearien   Author's Homepage   Email The DarkQueen Iauraearien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Except it's January, not August. []
From: Mordor | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

Don't see how that is relevent other than you displaying the fact you can actually read a calander. []
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

posted      Profile for The DarkQueen Iauraearien   Author's Homepage   Email The DarkQueen Iauraearien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Your post could be read as it being your MT-birthday, that's how. []
From: Mordor | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

quote:
Hmm.. 'I'm just happy you (meaning White Gold Wielder) keep it (meaning the Minas Tirith site) working and its the same as the day I joined (meaning it looks and works exactly the way it did when I first joined the site 13 and a half years ago).

I don't see ANY reference I made about my actual joining date being the day I posted that post. []

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

Clearly, as you posted it. []
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

So it was all in your head []
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

Not necessarily. []
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

And braindeadbimbosbeside, it IS great WGW has kept this place exactly as he made it in 2000! []
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

[]
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
In honour of the Emteeversary, I am finally admitting to myself that I am never going to read the whole of HoMe in order. []

This realisation means I can at last allow myself to read The Children of Húrin. []

From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

Good Atheney! Children of Hurin is a decent tale, whereas HoME is a collection of notes and alts and such.
Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

posted      Profile for Artaresto   Email Artaresto   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:
Your post could be read as it being your MT-birthday, that's how. []
I also checked for and noticed this mismatch. [] Broken down the sentence is unambiguous. I guess this is the result of the brain filling in expected information when encountering familiar observations. My brain shuffled a few words, gaining wrong meaning:
quote:
I'm just happy you keep it working and its the same day as I joined!
[] []
From: Forochel | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

Shuffled? You mean dropped entirely.
Roll of Honor Fingolfin of the Noldor
Captain of Avatars
Citizen # 156

posted      Profile for Fingolfin of the Noldor   Author's Homepage   Email Fingolfin of the Noldor   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Belated 13th/Early 14th Birthday Minas Tirith!

Coincidentally on May 19th I'll be receiving my PhD in Biochemistry from Yale University which, believe it or not, in part due to this site. Almost 14 years ago I found this site and the discussions on it lead me to to my first immersive academic type study of a single topic.

That initially training served me well as my interest shifted to science where I ended up becoming very successful in a relatively short period of time (e.g. I published two papers during my undergraduate degree (a first and a second author) and so far have published four in my graduate degree (with more on the way)).

Though it may sound like I am touting my own horn I am actually more trying to share my success and give credit where it is due. I am quite certain that my success now is directly attributable to the discussions and critical analysis skills I began to develop here!

From: Worcester, MA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

Congrats, Fingolfin! Long time, no see. Good to hear you're doing well. []
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Toot away, Fingolfin - that's a massive achievement and I am so pleased for you! [] []
From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » Minas Tirith Site Announcements » Minas Tirith's 13th Anniversary !!! (Page 2)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help