profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library

Minas Tirith Forums » Minas Tirith Site Announcements » Website Weirdness
Author Topic: Website Weirdness
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

posted      Profile for White Gold Wielder   Author's Homepage   Email White Gold Wielder   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Well, it's a long story, but I had to turn off UBB Accelerator which is shorthand for saying that all the links now are back to .cgi instead of .php.

So, I changed the home page link (the big star) for the time being, and there may be a ton of other subtle changes (like some links in posts no longer work).

There was a PHP upgrade on the server and it seemed to bork the ancient UBB PHP thing, so there it is.

I am working on a fix for this, so sit tight.

From: Chicago | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Its good to be able to get back in the city. Thanks mate.
From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

posted      Profile for Artaresto   Email Artaresto   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Never any problems here. []
From: Forochel | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
If I try and get in by my bookmark, I get Error 500. If I go back and find a history log of a thread from when I was here before, I can get in. Can't get in at all at work.
From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I got in with no errors yesterday - but also with no text or anything else on the page. Just an absolute blank.

I think it was still (or again) a php, though. Perhaps that's what caused the problems.

OK today. And a few days ago I was OK as well, but then I was on Linux, not Windows. Does that make a difference as well?

From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

posted      Profile for White Gold Wielder   Author's Homepage   Email White Gold Wielder   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
If your bookmark is for the forum home page and not the root page with the Red Book background, you'll have problems.

.php links are no longer working. So update your bookmarks and refresh your browsers (if you're caching the old title page).

From: Chicago | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
refresh your browsers (if you're caching the old title page)
I guess that would explain my situation and why things are fine now []
From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

Good ol F5! I flushed the toilet (dumped cache) as well, & added a new bookmark with the "cgi-bin" url.
Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » Minas Tirith Site Announcements » Website Weirdness
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help