Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3 
Minas Tirith Forums » Minas Tirith Site Announcements » Minas Tirith's 11th Anniversary !!! (Page 2)
Author Topic: Minas Tirith's 11th Anniversary !!!
Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

posted      Profile for Artaresto   Email Artaresto   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Anything above 24 is old.

Conveniently, the line is pushed one year ahead each year. []

From: Forochel | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperaca
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4298

posted      Profile for Telperaca   Email Telperaca   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[] []
From: Wonderland | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

posted      Profile for Éomer   Email Éomer   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not old! I'm distinguished. []
From: Serenity | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor The DarkQueen Iauraearien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

posted      Profile for The DarkQueen Iauraearien   Author's Homepage   Email The DarkQueen Iauraearien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'm just not old. Go me. []

E: 30 IS a scary age. It sounds grown up. I hereby vow to be as immature at 30 as I am now. []

[ 05-28-2011, 11:25 AM: Message edited by: The DarkQueen Iauraearien ]

From: Mordor | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

posted      Profile for Artaresto   Email Artaresto   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Just not old according to me or The Distinguished One™?
From: Forochel | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

posted      Profile for The DarkQueen Iauraearien   Author's Homepage   Email The DarkQueen Iauraearien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
You, Arty. [] Although, I suppose it depends if you count months, I might be old...
From: Mordor | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Sauron's Secret Agent
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

posted      Profile for Sauron's Secret Agent   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
"Old" is 15-20 years older than one's present age. Most of you are mere mewling infants []

But to the point, Happy Birthday MT - lang may yer lum reek!

I've missed a number of my own anniversaries here - nine years, and often to be found lurking around the darker alley ways.

(Apologies for the quotation miscellany - answers on a postcard....)

[ 05-29-2011, 11:32 AM: Message edited by: Sauron's Secret Agent ]

Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

The old-jump happens in September. [] <-Calendar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

*mewls and sits waiting to be fed like a baby bird*

I think I may be safe, being a January Jumper.

Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
It is nice to see a spurt of interest in this place in recent days, though I am hoping that I haven't caused the kiss of death in that by saying this. There was a time a few months ago that I was thinking these forums would die, but now I believe they are safe for the time been. Quite an achievement really in spite of Youtube, Facebook and Twitter! There are a couple of Trollz about, but this is the Internet, what do you expect?
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
"Old" is 15-20 years older than one's present age. Most of you are mere mewling infants
Very true - on both points! When I was 30, the World Wide Web hadn't been invented yet ...

And I agree with Hamfast that it's nice to see the activity at MT speeding up again. []

From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

posted      Profile for Éomer   Email Éomer   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sure it's just a coincidence that overall board activity has increased at the same time I started posting more often again.  -

[ 05-30-2011, 11:40 PM: Message edited by: Éomer ]

From: Serenity | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arorë Silvertongue
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3570

posted      Profile for Arorë Silvertongue   Author's Homepage   Email Arorë Silvertongue   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Well, you see, the amount of posts being made has a very direct correlation to the amount of "activity" on the board... so... []

I thought Minas Tirith would have died off in the years I was away, but I'm quite glad to see it isn't so. []

From: Home. For now. | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

There I was thinking I'd increased forum activity. []

Pah, Facebook and Twitter? Our City wipes the floor with them!

Arorë Silvertongue
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3570

posted      Profile for Arorë Silvertongue   Author's Homepage   Email Arorë Silvertongue   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Well, everyone who posts increases forum activity. []

Also. Yes, Minas Tirith is definitely better than Facebook (to which I am addicted, unfortunately) or Twitter (where I haven't logged into my account in... a year? 10 months?). []

Also #2. I suppose I count as "old" to some, "young" to more, and a "mewling infant" to a few. []

From: Home. For now. | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

I refuse to join FB or Twitter. Twitter sounds pointless and I've more respect for my information than to join FB. I do avoid it on principle, but I doubt I would ever use it anyhow. []
Eledhsúle
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1980

posted      Profile for Eledhsúle   Author's Homepage   Email Eledhsúle   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Thank God for Minas Tirith! [] And you White Gold Wielder - I wouldn't have a wonderful dwarf husband if it wasn't for you both. Happy 11th!
From: Finland | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Aikanáro
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3121

posted      Profile for Aikanáro   Email Aikanáro   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
*hugs Inc'* [] Missed you. I'm still occasionally lurking here.
From: Mar Vanwa Tyaliéva | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
*hugs back* []

Good to know you're still around []

From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Gandalf the White
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 295

posted      Profile for Gandalf the White   Email Gandalf the White   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
A bit late for me but Happy Anniversary, MT! I became very sentimental browsing through some old threads just now. I am so grateful for this website! []
From: Georgia, USA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Gandalf! Good to see ya! You're not late, you arrived exactly when you should. Wizards are never late, remember? []
From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

[] GtW!
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Did I miss the 12th Anniversary thread?
From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't seen one either.
The first post shows that they haven't been made every year - so 2012 presumably doesn't have one.

We might find some other excuse for celebration, perhaps ...

From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

posted      Profile for White Gold Wielder   Author's Homepage   Email White Gold Wielder   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
You know, honestly, I forgot about it. Remembered earlier in the year, but obviously didn't make a note of it.

It's telling that no one else remembered until just now either. I'm not one for marking anniversaries much myself anyway, but there is no one in my circle of life that cares a whit about Minas Tirith, so no one is there to remind me.

I don't have much time to read, but whenever I pick up something and read to fill the time, it's Tolkien. But it's not often. I'm in the stage where it's comforting to know it's there, but I don't have to go there often.

When my kids get older and they take an interest, I'll have someone to talk about it with and an excuse to get into it all over again.

As it is with the reading, so it goes with the site. It's there for whoever wants it, and I'm glad for that. The history... the good discussions... Like most who have expressed their feelings, I feel better just knowing it's there.

Someday, I'll have the means to revamp the forum in the proper way that I want. Until then, we're here. A silent guardian. A watchful protector. A white city.

From: Chicago | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » Minas Tirith Site Announcements » Minas Tirith's 11th Anniversary !!! (Page 2)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help