Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 
Minas Tirith Forums » Minas Tirith Site Announcements » Recent Disciplinary Action (Page 2)
Author Topic: Recent Disciplinary Action
Galin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4975
posted      Profile for Galin   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
It is for that reason that I have believed Wiki was not the same individual as White Hand. They display inherently different online pathology... Unless they are the same individual who has Dissociative Disorder..... Hmmm mm, now there's an interesting theory...
Well, the style of argument was very similar in my opinion, from what I read anyway, and TWH even chose to take up an argument in a thread about the length of Legolas' hair, for example.

quote:
WK: Therefore if it wasn't mentioned, then they didn't have it-- that's called a "logical contrapositive."

TWH: There's a rule called "inclusion-omission," which says that if something is mentioned specifically, then it's assumed to be absent in cases where it's omitted.

Could be coincidence, but besides 'style' I noted that TWH spelled a couple of examples of Tolkien's nomenclature incorrectly. Just out of curiosity, and since it would only take a minute or two, I plugged these forms into the search function here -- searching the incorrect names was rather illuminating with respect to who else had, in the past, spelled these names the same way; that is, this dug up an interesting chain of names, so to speak, from TWH back. Noting what names occurred only in both searches was even more interesting.

For myself it all seems too coincidental.

[ 08-22-2011, 03:12 PM: Message edited by: Galin ]

Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

posted      Profile for Artaresto   Email Artaresto   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Names like Wiki, Sarah, Mablung, WH? []
From: Forochel | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tigranes
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 9076
posted      Profile for Tigranes   Email Tigranes   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I see Galin supports my theory [] There are some patterns, not only of spelling (including bad German and bad Latin), but also of behaviour. This new guy though, the one with the funny theories, doesn't seem like an incarnation of WiKi.
That doesn't mean WiKi isn't already back among us, though [] "It could be anyone of us. It could be me, it could be you, it could even be..." *BLAM* (TeamFortress2)

[ 08-22-2011, 02:25 PM: Message edited by: Tigranes ]

From: anywhere | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Galin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4975
posted      Profile for Galin   Edit/Delete Post 
Without noting the misspelled names (or examples), a search yielded, in order of latest date to earliest:

First example [] second example

TWH [] TWH
TWH [] Sarah the GW
Sarah theGW [] WK
WK [] Roccondil
WK [] WK
Theoden lives [] TulkasofArda
TulkasOfArda [] MaduncleRupert
Ithildin
Orome
Cassandra
Cassandra
Thegentleman/cassandra (same thread)
cassandra
cassandra
cassandra
lonelyturambar
Gandalfthewhite
Mithrandir

I note who spelled both these examples incorrectly: TWH, Sarah, Witch King, and TulkasofArda. Granted that's not a perfect way to prove anything; all I'm saying is that I noted two different names -- from Tolkien's fairly long list of nomenclature -- names that TWH spelled incorrectly, and I put them into the search function...

... so 'interesting for what it's worth' is all I can say []

Which is not the only factor I base my opinion on in any case. And yes I had too much free time today to post the results!

[ 08-22-2011, 03:25 PM: Message edited by: Galin ]

Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
But do we not already know for sure that those four are the same person? I thought we did.
[]
I too thought tWH was WiKi.

From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

posted      Profile for pi   Author's Homepage   Email pi   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I am of the opinion that you all who think they are one (or two) do not account for the sheer number of people that might have those kinds of thoughts, beliefs, and perspectives. Scary, IMO.
From: Virgo Supercluster, 40º N 75º W | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vahndel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5110

posted      Profile for Vahndel   Email Vahndel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I think it's more a matter of probability, Pi (hey, the dice is relevant for once [] ). What are the odds such a similar character/characters would constantly emerge on this particular little forum in such a way that their appearances never overlap? Not saying that it can only be the ghost of Wiki haunting us whenever someone with fringe views pops up (as Valar God has helped prove), but it's certainly an odd trend that makes you wonder why it's ever only that one new citizen who all have similar "arcs" of rise and fall here at MT.

Shame to think how many people left just from the ugliness of those periods, though, even if they made good drama.

From: Florida, the Flower of the US | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elora Starsong
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2099

posted      Profile for Elora Starsong   Email Elora Starsong   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Alas, 'tis only melodrama - the weeny, under developed, pasty version of Drama. Still, melodrama does have some entertainment value for a brief period.

The modus operandi that I observed in tWH in respect to his/her interaction with me was vastly different to that observed with respect to Wiki.

Wiki, for example, would never bother to send Private Messages begging for his/her vitriol to be excused as just a poorly understood jest.

tWH did. When I didn't buy the dross s/he was doling out via PM, tWH became quite stung. When I started baited the narcissistic ego displayed in the PM exchange, out and out rage response.

Wiki would not have let a mere mortal such as I get under his/her sense of overweening superiority. S/he would never deign acknowledge that his/her actions may have caused unwitting offence.

Vastly different online behavioural patterns. Still could be the same person, just unlikely IMO.

[ 08-23-2011, 04:37 AM: Message edited by: Elora Starsong ]

From: Dancing 'twixt the stars | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

posted      Profile for White Gold Wielder   Author's Homepage   Email White Gold Wielder   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Well, the law-enforcement individual that has had intermittent issues with behavior is gone.
From: Chicago | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor The DarkQueen Iauraearien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

posted      Profile for The DarkQueen Iauraearien   Author's Homepage   Email The DarkQueen Iauraearien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[] for our Steward.
From: Mordor | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you, WGW!
From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Nothing really to do with discipline here, but I had a look at an old stomping ground, and it appears our Wiki ( [] here?) is now having his fun over on The One Ring.com as Baron von Richthofen. Same style, same arguments. Too funny! []

Edit: A bit of an exchange and my suspicions have been pretty much confirmed....

Another Edit: Thinking FerniesApple on Barrow Downs is also one and the same.

[ 08-30-2014, 06:39 PM: Message edited by: Snöwdog ]

From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grimwulf Stormspear
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5157
posted      Profile for Grimwulf Stormspear   Email Grimwulf Stormspear   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Is nothing sacred? []
From: The central lake-lands of the Great Peninsula. | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

posted      Profile for White Gold Wielder   Author's Homepage   Email White Gold Wielder   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I checked it out for a couple of minutes (when you originally posted), but was quickly bored. "Tedium" is a word that fits on many levels.
From: Chicago | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, sadly. It was worth about 2 minutes of tedious entertainment.
From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

....and on the discipline front....

Well spank my ass and call me Susan!

[]

Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » Minas Tirith Site Announcements » Recent Disciplinary Action (Page 2)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: UnStick Topic   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help