Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 
Minas Tirith Forums » Minas Tirith Site Announcements » Recent Disciplinary Action (Page 1)
Author Topic: Recent Disciplinary Action
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

posted      Profile for White Gold Wielder   Author's Homepage   Email White Gold Wielder   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Here we are in a new thread! Woohoo!

Anyway, The White Hand has been given a timeout for language. He edits every other post - why he didn't bother to edit that one escapes me.

All the abusive talk in the Pony didn't help his case much either. The Argument Clinic makes a funny sketch, but no one wants to go there when they want to talk politics.

He'll be reinstated at my whim. Gnite!

From: Chicago | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Neytari Took-Baggins
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 490

posted      Profile for Neytari Took-Baggins   Author's Homepage   Email Neytari Took-Baggins   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
*hug*
From: California ainrofilaC | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elora Starsong
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2099

posted      Profile for Elora Starsong   Email Elora Starsong   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, I see our benevolent Overlord has taken action. Shame it was necessary.

Such is life, as one infamous bush ranger famously said.

From: Dancing 'twixt the stars | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

posted      Profile for White Gold Wielder   Author's Homepage   Email White Gold Wielder   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Well, checked my junk mail bin and noticed that my warning email to The White Hand has been bounced due to unknown user on the email address.

I'm sure he is aware of the reason for his time-out, but without a way to communicate, I'm not sure if he'll be back. He never answered (or read) his PMs anyway, but a valid email address is a requirement.

Hmm...

From: Chicago | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Don't worry... he'll just register a new name to another disposable email when he wants to come and play again. []
From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elora Starsong
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2099

posted      Profile for Elora Starsong   Email Elora Starsong   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Dependant on his settings for PM's, he may be able to read them via email notification without actually accessing his PM's on site. I know that I can do that, but am not sure if changes to the board have since altered this. If this is the case, the email may have been deleted in a fit of temper over the disciplinary action. It's all speculation, really. []

In any case, I think we carry on just fine and dandy no matter what happens. You never know, other's may get a word in edgewise on some threads. One thing is for sure, the entertainment that is MT will continue unabated for this citizen. []

From: Dancing 'twixt the stars | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Silmahtar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4806

posted      Profile for Silmahtar   Author's Homepage   Email Silmahtar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I've asked it before, and I'll ask it again:

Is The White Hand mental?? []

(Maybe I've asked that of his sockpuppets/predecessors/previous incarnations, I can't recall...)

From: Vinya-Tárilos | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elora Starsong
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2099

Depends, Silm.

Online behaviour is frequently quite different to "in real life" behaviour. What we see on the boards may not reflect more broadly on the entirety of an individual. I'll hang up my psychological hat now before I really bore us all to tears. []

Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
What we see on the boards may not reflect more broadly on the entirety of an individual.
Yep, he's probably worse IRL.
From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
The funny thing is that I do know one or two people in RL that could be like Wiki or his reincarnations. One in particular springs to mind someone known to one and all in a pub I go to as the Barrister. I'm not quite sure what the difference is, but it is there. Perhaps it is just that Wiki rarely seems to relax. We can't tell if he is just having a big game or he means it! In the Barrister's case if he goes on one of his rants, people just laugh and ignore him and he tend to smile too.
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor bombadil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1329

posted      Profile for bombadil   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, WGW!
From: Meridian ID | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elora Starsong
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2099

This could be grossly misinformed and purely rampant speculation, but that only heightens the fun factor.

I do believe our pale appendage has returned. []

Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sure who you are referring to actually, Elora, but it is possible that Wiki has just been out-Wikied! []
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tigranes
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 9076
posted      Profile for Tigranes   Email Tigranes   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, and apparently by a non-Wiki. Now that's a novelty. MT must be getting famous if it already attracts two of the kind at once.

[ 08-19-2011, 09:09 AM: Message edited by: Tigranes ]

From: anywhere | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

posted      Profile for pi   Author's Homepage   Email pi   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
If nothing else, it helps to place others in a more proper perspective.

"If you think I'm bat sh!t..."

And then there is always the entertainment value.

From: Virgo Supercluster, 40º N 75º W | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

So pi just admits to being WiKi. I have to say I always suspected...
Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

posted      Profile for pi   Author's Homepage   Email pi   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Isn't there a bit of WiKi in all of us?
From: Virgo Supercluster, 40º N 75º W | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Neytari Took-Baggins
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 490

posted      Profile for Neytari Took-Baggins   Author's Homepage   Email Neytari Took-Baggins   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
No.
From: California ainrofilaC | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elora Starsong
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2099

Dependant on perspective, owning up to that could constitute:

A Delusions of grandeur
B Incriminating one's self

Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

I'm not defending all of his actions, but I remember some very well thought out Tolkien-related posts.
Madomir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3084

posted      Profile for Madomir   Email Madomir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
That's why he presents a problem pi. If he were nothing but a troll he'd be banned straight away... no problem. The problem, if it can be termed as such, is that he offers good things, so what choice is there but to give him some rope. Sadly in the end he generally ends up lynching himself. That latest fella don't seem like our boy to me tho', he went on the offensive too quickly. With "He Who Must Not Be Named Despite His Multitude Of Names" there is usually a build up.
From: northern hemisphere-ish | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Well said, Mad. [] I don't think anyone denies that WiKi has a lot to offer in the lit fora, up until the point where he starts having a go even at those who are agreeing with him. []

If I may play armchair psychologist for a moment (because who doesn't love doing that! [] ), there's no way that these two screennames are the same person.

It's the difference between psychopathy and psychosis. Psychopathy is narcissism, impulse control issues, inability to handle dissent, all that jazz. WiKi, in other words. This guy is more of the "aliens are intercepting my brainwaves" type, which implies psychotic break. If true, we should feel sorry for him because he is ill rather than just constitutionally a vicious jerk-off.

Or, I'm still of the opinion that it could be a troll. Wetty, we've talked about this... [] [] []

ETA: It worries me slightly that our newest unhinged denizen spends his free time making weaponry. []

[ 08-20-2011, 03:21 PM: Message edited by: Athene ]

From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elora Starsong
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2099

Well said Athene, from one Psych to another. It is for that reason that I have believed Wiki was not the same individual as White Hand. They display inherently different online pathology... Unless they are the same individual who has Dissociative Disorder..... Hmmm mm, now there's an interesting theory... []
Roll of Honor Snowman of Forochel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2150

posted      Profile for Snowman of Forochel   Author's Homepage   Email Snowman of Forochel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Well said Athene, from one Psycho to another.
[]
From: New Orleans | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hey! []

i can haz empafee? []

From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » Minas Tirith Site Announcements » Recent Disciplinary Action (Page 1)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: UnStick Topic   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help